AC GT Multiclass @ Lausitzring GP - Sunday 21st November 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. On Sunday 21th of November we're heading to the Lausitzring, for some GT multiclass racing!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, race servers and discord can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Don't know the track, need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5/Audi TT cup car multi-class on the preceding Wednesday at the same track. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

Eurospeedway-Lausitz-GP-08.b400e75f7c8cbfc6828566f56e03df51.png

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Simracing.gp - Frankfurt
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 1 hour 20 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification (SEE POST #3)
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

Kunos DLC is required for this event

GT3
GT4

Event details:
  • Track: Lausitzring GP, Germany
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 60 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Improving grip, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: TC/ABS allowed
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the throttle pinned and pull back on track.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

• General video guide to multiclass racing - Click here
  • It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake slower cars. When a faster car is overtaking a slower car (a car in a different class), whether a blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not, the slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so.
  • If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class, the normal gentleman's rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake, usually a slight lift at the start of a straight. Please be sensible.
  • Separate qualification runs will happen for GT3 and GT4 classes. First 10 minutes for GT3, second 10 minutes for GT4. GT4 cars must not exit the pits before 10 minutes have elapsed. GT3 must not start a lap after 10 minutes have elapsed. You may be kicked from the server by race control if you ignore this rule.
  • All other Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Discord is highly recommended for all club races.

Good fun tonight!

Don't know what happened ahead of me at start. I actually had a decent start, was faster than Tim and somehow I overtook like 3 or 4 cars at T1. And then the funiest 4 laps of the night, struggling to keep Brian and Tim behind, until I failed at T8. From there I enjoyed the track and could find few places where I was losing tenths. Quite consistent afterwards.

Thank you for the evening guys. Paul and Frank helping me out with Discord my first time. Han and Brian always good stuff.

All the best!

Thanks for the great race everyone.

I was a casualty of the T1 incident and ended up at the back. It was fun overtaking the GT4's to get to the back of the GT3 field. Alas, that is where I stayed. Thought I could catch Casper while they were in the pit but that was not the case as they stayed on a single pair of softs...in the Porsche no less :confused:

A big apology to @HF2000 and @Kek700 ... Really bungled the overtakes and I know my **** driving cost you a decent battle Han. :redface:

Thanks for organizing @Interslice and congrats to the podiums! See you all at Spa for race #3 of the Championship. :D

Good fun tonight!

Don't know what happened ahead of me at start. I actually had a decent start, was faster than Tim and somehow I overtook like 3 or 4 cars at T1. And then the funiest 4 laps of the night, struggling to keep Brian and Tim behind, until I failed at T8. From there I enjoyed the track and could find few places where I was losing tenths. Quite consistent afterwards.

Thank you for the evening guys. Paul and Frank helping me out with Discord my first time. Han and Brian always good stuff.

All the best!

It was nice battling with you and tim early on! Your connection looked good tonight. Didn't notice any warping :thumbsup:

That was just painful, the arthritis in the wrists took a real hammering at this circuit.:(
@boomRoasted no problem at all for me Logan.:)
Great battle with Han, a race long mind game, tried the undercut on Han, which work, how and why is a complete mystery to me.:O_o:
Shame about the turn out, tried a GT3 here, but it was even more difficult with the bumps than a GT4.
Thank you @Interslice for organising the event, well done to all Tho that stayed on track.:O_o:

That was a wonderful race for me! Managed to qualify as 3rd and had a fantastic start that launched me straight into 1st before the first corner. Tried to keep Paul away as best as possible but excitement and a car that handled quite heavy got the best of me and Paul managed to overtake me soon enough. Then I had to defend quite vigorously for 2nd up until we ran into GT4 traffic. I caught up to Paul and we pitted at the same time, though I was daring and went for a one stop on softs with the 911. Managed to get quite a lead of 30+ seconds but that evaporated soon enough when the tyres decided to stop being just that. Fell back to 3rd position in the last 15 minutes and at that point only had to stay far enough ahead of Logan, which I succeeded in.

Honestly my best race on RD so far, made two non-existential mistakes. Once missed the braking point just as Brian had given me space to pass and at one point cut the first corner too close and gave the barrier a little boop right on the inside of the turn.

Not a whole lot of action to report from me.. The 3 cars ahead were over a second faster and it just became a practice session after some early battles with @Fiberoptix and @FabianoRL.

First race using VR for me in a long time. It was a nice one to get back into it. I had zero interest in putting on the headset after suffering with the bad combination of a concussion and ear infection since the summer. Both seemed to have fully cleared up now and i felt fine bouncing around the track last night :)

Thanks to all who raced last night, see ye on the next one!

tried the undercut on Han, which work, how and why is a complete mystery to me.:O_o:
I watched the replay. You used a different (illegal) pit entry that probably was a few seconds faster! It doesn't matter, you would have caught me anyway. Your pace was a few tenths per lap better and you were also more consistent.
But we missed a battle for first now.

Normally I am reporting from the back of the GT3 grid but with so many of the usual top ten guys missing I found myself at the pointy end for a change.:)
I only had one real clean run in qualifying but managed to beat Tudor to take pole position with Casper in third.
A poor start from me and a blindingly fast one from Casper in the 911 had me in second turning into T1. There was some action going on behind and I was lucky to survive contact from Dave in the 650s. I settled in behind Casper with the plan to try to preserve my soft tyres for as long as possible but an opportunity to pass the 911 came as early as lap two and I retook the lead with a move into T1.
Later on I could see that Tudor had pitted early and was gaining on us so Casper and me then pitted at the same time but he went for a quick fuel stop and made up 30 seconds. As I left the pits Tudor in the AMG went past and got the undercut leaving me in third.
But on fresher tyres I had a more pace and eventually got past the AMG in the last twisty section and set off after Casper.
With 15 minutes to go I was gaining on the 911 and as I got closer I could see that Casper was struggling for grip as the well worn softs gave up.
So with a pole position, three overtakes, some good battles and a first overall win, I had for me, my best ever performance and great fun along the way.:D:D. The bumpy track was a challenge but Brian's picture of Dave seem to show that Dave found some quicksand as well!;)
Many thanks to Brian for settling up the race and thanks to the GT4 drivers who made life a whole lot easier with clean passing. :thumbsup:

Nice race. I was lucky with the T1 mess and could take first with a 6s gap to Ernie and Fabiano in between. I knew Ernie was faster so I hoped that Fabiano and maybe Tim could slow down Ernie enough to increase the gap. Well that didn't happen and as I didn't have much luck with the lapping GT3's Ernie was within a few seconds halfway the race. He did the undercut which worked as I came behind him after my pitstop. I couldn't match his pace so I settled for second, losing concentration and even more time.

Congrats to the podium, especially Paul with his first win:thumbsup:!
I hope that next week we will have some more participants.

And tomorrow we're having an event on the Nordschleife with fast street cars which promises to be fun. Check it out here: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...rdschleife-tuesday-23rd-november-2021.211192/

Last edited:

Latest News

Back