AMS2 GT Classics @ Road America, Tuesday 12th April 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Yeah, I am going to test the Corvette today to see if the tyres hold up over 25 mins as they take a beating @X2. Porsche seems to be fine though.

Also, had some clarification on the Server and DLC settings: As long as the host has the track, anyone can join the server, DLC or not. So Denis, you're fine to join tomorrow

Yeah, I am going to test the Corvette today to see if the tyres hold up over 25 mins as they take a beating @X2. Porsche seems to be fine though.
Can I suggest not doing X2 when we are running two short sprint races to ensure no-one has to pit? I feel like the mechanic makes more sense if you have one longer race, also, the fact that AMS2 still seems a bit sketchy with pit stops doesn't help (touch wood it's never affected me yet)

Yeah this has merits re pit stops or not. But there needs to be some balance between wear and performance without being too lopsided. Hence the test of the Corvette today. The older cars tend not to wear their tyres out in a sprint race, nor heat them up much either. So Fuel is usually the main factor in a pit stop. We've been quite lucky in the recent races as a bit of fuel saving will avoid the need for a pitstop on a full tank. But these cars will probably need a stop. Anyway, will let you know later if we revert to X1 for this race.

Oh boy I got too excited when I saw the cars that I forgot that I don't own the track :(. I am going to have to sign out for this one. Sorry about that.
Hey Kresh, you don't need to own the track to join the server. As long as the host (ie me) has the track then you are good to go. So join tomorrow around 19:45 UTC and I should be on.

Last edited:
Hey Kresh, you don't need to own the track to join the server. As long as the host (ie me) has the track then you are good to go. So join tomorrow around 7:45 UTC and I should be on.
Really? Wow I didn't know that, that is awesome news. Than we resume as it was :D

Yeah this has merits re pit stops or not. But there needs to be some balance between wear and performance without being too lopsided. Hence the test of the Corvette today. The older cars tend not to wear their tyres out in a sprint race, nor heat them up much either. So Fuel is usually the main factor in a pit stop. We've been quite lucky in the recent races as a bit of fuel saving will avoid the need for a pitstop on a full tank. But these cars will probably need a stop. Anyway, will let you know later if we revert to X1 for this race.
Well for me I'm about 2 seconds a lap faster in the Porsche and more confident that I'm not killing the tyres. Not sure why but I was even getting some sort of clutch slipping in the Corvette after a few laps.

After testing the Corvette in race conditions, there is no need for a pit stop on a full tank. Infact, there was plenty of fuel left after 25minutes. However, the Corvette's lefthand tyres do tend to overheat (95+ C) if you push too hard in the fast corners. So choose your weapon wisely! A well driven Porsche is probably faster and easier on tyres etc, but the Corvette is such a beast that everylap on track and out of the weeds feels like a win.

Last edited:
Well for me I'm about 2 seconds a lap faster in the Porsche and more confident that I'm not killing the tyres. Not sure why but I was even getting some sort of clutch slipping in the Corvette after a few laps.

I'm having the exact same experience re lap time and slipping. Can only manage 3-4 laps before the car decides it's had enough

Latest News

Back