AMS2 Group As @ Nurburgring GP, Tuesday 8th Febuary 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Club Staff
Premium

5 RD Race.jpg

Join us on Tuesday night for friendly club races with fellow premium members.​

This week it's the Nurburgring Veedol circuit & the DTM dynamic duo from the early 90s, The BMW M3 Sport Evo & the Mercedes 190E Evo 2. They may resemble their road car cousins, but these are two hardcore race cars. Small 4 bangers pushing out big power and big performance, they are capable of offering you a big load of hurt if you stray over the edge, yet big rewards if you manage to tame them.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server, Settings & Rules

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 GrpA
Server Password: oldbangers
Server Settings: X2 fuel/tyres
Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Gears, Factory Defaults
Track: Nurburgring GP Veedol
Cars: BMW M3, Mercedes 190 Evo
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.
20220203111723_1.jpg

Liveries https://www.racedepartment.com/down...ns-custom-ai-drivers-real-driver-names.40791/

Time Table

Practice: 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 20:45 UTC (45 minutes)

Entry List

1. Redvaliant
  2. GeekyDeaks
  3. max1966i
  4. Andrew Leach
  5. #Daniel R
  6. #maxipolo
  7. Denis Betty
  8. Steve Le Gallez
  9. #Jopamir
  10. Giorgioantani
  11. PurgerUK
  12. acidburn82uk
  13. Ingemar Petersson
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free Spot
  26. Free Spot
  27. Free Spot
  28. Free Spot
  29. Free Spot
  30. Free Spot

Last edited:
Does anyone race on-line with a proper H shifter? I have been altering my rig so I can use one as I find racing old cars with the flappy paddles a bit odd. I knew I'd be down on pace switching for a fair while, but I didn't appreciate quite how much. I might still give it a go for the next race if I can put a bit more practice in, but figured I'd get a feel for what others did first

I use the correct shifting technique depending on the car. So H, seq or paddles regardless of speed. I heal n toe where appropriate....it takes a bit to get used to it but rewarding in the end..

Last edited:
Yeah, H pattern here in all the cars that need it. It really comes down to practice, loads of practice and getting the brake and throttle pedals set up close enough together so it becomes second nature to twist your foot into strange shapes. If you can raise the brake pedal above the throttle in the horizontal plane, even better.

Perfect, thanks guys! I had respect for your pace previously, but now it's on another level :D

I'm definitely going to need practice, but I'm enjoying it a lot and it's opened up a completely new aspect to racing for me. I have previously modified my pedals with a fairly firm load cell, so the amount of travel makes it easy to blip the throttle with either the side of my foot or my heel. I just need to get used to keeping the pressure constant whilst doing it and also the timing.

That's it, the constant pressure while moving your heel/side of foot across to blip the throttle. That's why I wear my Puma driving shoes, otherwise you'd wear out the side of your foot after a long race.
On a related note, the 1967 ferrari F1 car in AC is what I learnt to heel/toe in, as it will not let you shift without a clutch if you have an H shifter attached. It really teaches you how to time the downshifts when every second attempt results in grinding miss-shifts.

Hi, plz sign me in but small reserve: if we are just 5-6 it won´t be sure that I will be available.

Maxbe we can make a survey for a league in order to know how many people would be interested?

Thanks & cheers !

Hi, plz sign me in but small reserve: if we are just 5-6 it won´t be sure that I will be available.

Maxbe we can make a survey for a league in order to know how many people would be interested?

Thanks & cheers !
Hi Paul I'll add you as a possible. We are a new club series, every Tuesday night, not a league. It's more casual this way and we tend to get 10+ guys by Tuesday. The idea is to build the #s for AMS2 races around the 4 nights that races are offered here @ RD.

Stick my name down please buddy and I'll do my best to make it. I'll take the beamer to balance things out a bit. H-pattern for me. I have one that doesn't go into gear unless the clutch is in. I can set it to force rev matching too but how much do I wanna slow myself down? :roflmao: ;)

Latest News

Back