Grand Prix 4 Touring Car Championship - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate DRS in every real life series. It just ruins overtaking. Its just swapping positions. Drivers will wait for the DRS zone to go ahead instead of needing to try a risky/talented overtake.
either way it didn't quite work for me, I think 7th gear will do the job of getting a few more overtakes however.

Well I love how I was looking at using that tweaker setting in FFG, but I probably won't now due to the reaction in this series.
It isn't DRS at all. It's across the entire track. But calling it DRS has made it seem artificial and against the point of it. First impressions are important, seems that they've been ruined.

Well I love how I was looking at using that tweaker setting in FFG, but I probably won't now due to the reaction in this series.
It isn't DRS at all. It's across the entire track. But calling it DRS has made it seem artificial and against the point of it. First impressions are important, seems that they've been ruined.
DRS is indeed misleading. Better call it super slipstream, or something like that. It'll have an effect all over the track, not just on one (DRS-)straight. Downside might be an increased amount of incidents from what I've read so far.

I didn't even see the "super slipstream" in my game so it won't happen. most likely I am blind.. lol
possibly the bhp is too low, heard it's optimal at 820 bhp, I tested it with the current perfs used at Monza. nah, I'm still blind

but yeah DRS did infact make me look at it :D

Slipstream indead sounds way bettern..

But increased incidents... I think barely anyone profits in terms of points from incidents from others, but the ones who have this bad luck might have a ruined season. Example was S3 with Tobi at half of the season. I dont like that

Slipstream indead sounds way bettern..
Good news!
I've found a very interesting link back at gpg.org that can perhaps improve the worthyness of race skill/BHP.
So far quali is OP, starting from the back doesn't really give you a chance to move to the front quickly (unless you're OMR)
But, basicly what I saw is DRS (sort of). Really it's just increased slipstream effects but let's call it DRS.
I'll have to test it out first, but as DRS is used in real life DTM, I am ready to perhaps give it a go even next season if it works well.

link: http://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?4,1005255
tl, dr? ;)

I didn't even see the "super slipstream" in my game so it won't happen. most likely I am blind.. lol
possibly the bhp is too low, heard it's optimal at 820 bhp, I tested it with the current perfs used at Monza. nah, I'm still blind

but yeah DRS did infact make me look at it :D
Did you also enable the tweak in the gp4tweak.ini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 177 25.0%
  • Full game

Votes: 179 25.2%
  • CPU

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 124 17.5%