AC FWD vs RWD@TT Assen, Wed 28th August 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Guys,

I've set up the 2024 @Fat-Alfie Championship. You can register now: https://www.overtake.gg/threads/fat-alfie-championship-2024.275546/

For who aren't familiar with these tracks: they are quite long and take time to learn so you'd better start early with that. Fortunately the tracks are so great that it's a real pleasure to get to know them. My suggestion is to use AI opponents to learn the overtake spots.

Last edited:
I can now corroborate ( after painstakingly scientific research) that this is NOT the fastest way to negotiate the mother hugging Fishhook :redface:

mh Fishhook.PNG

Last edited:
BTW, how's Assen for you for graphical quality?

I had to turn up FXAA to 8x just for the overhead powerlines not to be cluttered.
Fences and Armco still look like crap.
(1080p tripples at 130hz)

Thanks all for racing yesterday. I had a nice race with for me unexpected good performance of the Suzuki. I though that the lack of speed would be a disadvantage in the Cathedral of Speed but I could make up a lot of time in the corners although I should have finished 5th but I guess that Jason, Thomas and Allan got penalties for track limits.
There was a short fase in which I thought I could follow Fulvio (who is now Italian by the way) but when he managed to go into the 54s it was over.

About the Fat-Alfie championship: I only drove these tracks with the Abarth500 and the Mazda so I haven't any idea how the other cars will perform.

Better late than never! I really enjoyed this race. The racing gods decided that Hank was going to be my rival for the race. I don't think we ever really raced each other so I had to get used to his racing style. He's pretty good. Actually, he was faster than me during qualification but I think I was a bit faster during the race. Sadly, being a bit faster is not enough as it's one thing to catch up to someone, it's a completely different thing getting your car in front. There was just no way I could get past him.

Also, Hank, you did great so don't worry about fair play. There was one moment we touched a little. I wasn't sure who was in the wrong there at the time, or if it just was a racing incident. Looking back, it seems like I stuck my nose into a quickly disappearing gap. Didn't end up in anything, but still sorry about that!

As for Paulo: I've been noticing for a while you're getting really fast. At Pukehoke especially, you were just unstoppable. Keep it up man!

Latest News

Back