AC FWD vs RWD@Toscana Stradale, Wed 3rd July 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
After looking at the layout of this race last week when it was posted my first reaction was....maybe I'll pass this one. Luckily I was so annoyed with work stuff that it did not matter at all that this was going to be "just try to stay on track and not get lapped by everyone" type of race and decided to join last minute with the Abarth. Chose the crabwalker simply to relax and not even have the possibility to compare my times with anyone else.

As for the race, I was hoping to be around Jose but unfortunately I got caught up in the above mentioned lap 1 incident and that coupled with some early big crashes. Had some interactions with Yewman and Gavin, including bumping his renault because the braking points of the abarth and renault are very different.
As for the track, yes it looks nice and I love the purple runoff areas but it was too difficult and pretty long for my taste. That combination means it's a very steep and long learning curve.
As for the Renault, it looks lovely and sounds great so I hope it stays. It is however very OP right now having the top speed of the Abarth, the corner grip of the Suzuki and the nimbleness of the mazda combined in one. Didn't using the Mazda tires made it even better? Would it be a possibility to give it worse tires?

Long time ago when this series only used the Mx5's, fuel and tire wear were not "disabled" so maybe we can look into bringing that back to the races as well?

Congrats to the podiums(hey, that's me, haha, only 3 finishers on that class) and thanks everyone for the nice racing and organization offcourse.

Probably not the popular opinion but I love the Renault. It is unforgiving, love to spend as much time as possible admiring the barriers, gravel traps and grass verges if you dare to lose concentration but when you get it right... its wonderful!

Actually this sounds a lot like my wife, but that is a story for another day.....

I feel as if this track really suited the R5, last weeks not as much, if the deltas is still huge after the next round might be worth reconsidering?

Maybe the BMW 2002TII?

As a complete left field what about replacing the cars with 60's touring cars? Mini vs Cortina vs Alfa etc.

Or just go back to the original format and enjoy the racing....

Paul

Probably not the popular opinion but I love the Renault. It is unforgiving, love to spend as much time as possible admiring the barriers, gravel traps and grass verges if you dare to lose concentration but when you get it right... its wonderful!

Actually this sounds a lot like my wife, but that is a story for another day.....

I feel as if this track really suited the R5, last weeks not as much, if the deltas is still huge after the next round might be worth reconsidering?

Maybe the BMW 2002TII?

As a complete left field what about replacing the cars with 60's touring cars? Mini vs Cortina vs Alfa etc.

Or just go back to the original format and enjoy the racing....

Paul
Do you have a link to the BMW 2002TII for me?

Next week: Kyalami

Do you have a link to the BMW 2002TII for me?

Try AssettoWorld /car/bmw-2002-turbo-race

There are 3 variants all with different power levels. Tried the street version at Toscana out of the box and was not far off my times in the MX5. Much more forgiving than the 320, easier to drive but still a bit more entertaining than the Mazda.

Would be interested to hear others thoughts bearing in mind I am not the fastest of you!

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What is on your wishlist for AC Evo

• Free roam

Votes: 243 39.4%
  • Online service

Votes: 149 24.1%
  • Advanced feature AI

Votes: 265 42.9%
  • Graphics

Votes: 188 30.5%