AC Formula vs Compact @ Bikernieki | Tuesday, 3rd May 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Okay folks,
the server will be up in about five minutes from now with the 60 minute practice session, and the password for joining the server is dunlop.

Please be on Discord voice chat if you can (you can turn off your microphone if you want).

Qualifying will be open for all, since we aren't that many people on the track. Use the full 20 minutes for getting a good spot on the starting grid!

During the race obey the Golden Rule: If you take out another car, wait for them to rejoin the track and continue racing behind them).

See you all on the track and let's have fun!

Thank you all for joining this one! It is now obvious that the Lotus is a LOT faster when driven by humans, but I hope you all still had fun in your car on this tight track.

For me it was awesome to see those tiny Lotuses from my Abarth. As Han in his EsseEsse said on Discord to some Lotus driver "I am in a Lorry! I can't see you in my rear mirror!"

So, thanks again for joining folks!

Enjoyed what race I was able to do. That first lap was something to watch. How Ernie made it out unscathed, I don't know :laugh:

Didn't have the pace today myself, but halfway through I was saved interrupted by a phone call which I had to take (new prospective client from this weekends street fair :)). So in the end it was a good afternoon for me and my sponsors despite the DNF lol

Thanks for putting this fun combo together :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Good fun! Too bad the premise didn't work out. The AI can't drive the Lotus 25 or older cars for that matter.. you steer more with your gas/brake pedal than anything else and that's just not something the AI does I guess. The lines are sometimes also a bit different with these cars.

A bit of a lonely race in front. I thought Allan would fight me but he seemed to have hardware issues. I lost concentration at some point and crashed out without heavy damage.

Thanks for the event!

Last edited:
By the way... next week we'll do another unusual combo... This time it'll be a modern supercar against an old formula 1 car on a well known track.
And I didn't only test with AI this time... The times are from lots and lots of human hotlappers, so the cars are really equal, albeit totally different!
Stay tuned and have a look at this forum tomorrow!

Latest News

Back