AC Formula vs Compact @ Bikernieki | Tuesday, 3rd May 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

abecede

Premium
NSK1BJO.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. Newbies and Pros alike!

The Lotus Type 25 was the vehicle that made Jim Clark win fourteen World Championship Grand Prix races. But this was in the 1960s - nowadays even a front-wheel-driven compact car like the Abarth 500 EsseEsse Step 1 can touch the old Formula One beast! (Diligent tests with 100% AI have shown very similar lap times for both cars. Let's hope that the AI behaves similar to humans, yes? ;))

Choose whichever car you like, but I'd recommend to only use the Lotus if you can handle this untamed beast! For slow boys like myself, the EsseEsse might be the better, easier choice.
kzZtRoK.png
We'll drive on the idyllic 3.6km long Bikernieki Ring of Skill by the talented creator @martinsh . Although this layout is normally only used for motorbike races, these two cars are small enough for some intense battles! The formula car is certainly faster on the straights, but the easier-to-drive compact car has a lot more traction through the twisty corners.

The password for signing up is the usual "Tuesday password".
If you don't know it, just ask here - I'll send you a private message.​

Event details:
  • 20:00 CEST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Practice (optional, but recommended)
  • 21:00 CEST (19:00 UTC) | 20 minutes - SPLIT Qualifying (i.e. during the first 10 minutes the Lotus drivers do their laps, and the EsseEsse drivers will do them during the last 10 minutes. Everyone should have three hot laps available.)
  • 21:20 CEST (19:20 UTC) | 40 minutes - Race
  • Cars: Lotus Type 25 and Abarth 500 EsseEsse
  • Track: Bikernieki, layout "Ring of Skill"
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: 20C air / 10C track
  • Weather: Mid Clear
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 laps.
  • Damage / Fuel / Tyre wear rates: 25% / 100% / 100%
  • Further info: see the event page on simracing.gp.
Useful Links:

Last edited:
I'll have a go with the lotus, the Abarth is miles off the pace, "is it the correct Abarth on the practice server"??? Alan and I were both on the server,Abarth and Lotus.
if not I will go Abarth, the quick one. :)
PS need a password.

Last edited:
I'll have a go with the lotus, the Abarth is miles off the pace
That... that... that cannot be! :confused: (Well, maybe it's really possible that the Abarth is a lot slower, since I've only tested them with 100% AI...)
Shouldn't be less fun hopefully. Worst case scenario, we'll consider it a multi-class race, okay?

EDIT: I've sent you the password of course.

Last edited:
I'll have a go with the lotus, the Abarth is miles off the pace, "is it the correct Abarth on the practice server"??? Alan and I were both on the server,Abarth and Lotus.
if not I will go Abarth, the quick one. :)
PS need a password.
@abecede Markus, I've configured the practice server with the EsseEsse variant like your thread says. So not the step 1 or the Assetto Corse variant.

I updated the cars list a bit: Instead of the normal EsseEsse, it's now the slightly faster EsseEsse Step 1. Let's hope that the cars will be a little bit more equal. Mea culpa! Let's find out on Tuesday HOW far off the AI and I were at testing, right? ;-)

There's a chance I could participate but it will decide an hour before the event starts. So I could just sign up then.

Can I get the password in the meantime just in case?

I've only driven the Lotus once and the Abarth never. I'd tend to take the challenge with the Lotus but if you say the Abarth is a bit slower, should I chose this one then? What's your suggestion?

I've only driven the Lotus once and the Abarth never. I'd tend to take the challenge with the Lotus but if you say the Abarth is a bit slower, should I chose this one then? What's your suggestion?
I'd suggest you use the easier Abarth (with it's good grip around corners), since getting consistent lap times with the Lotus can be tricky without knowing the track well. But that's just my humble opinion as a really slow guy on each track...

There's a chance I could participate but it will decide an hour before the event starts. So I could just sign up then.

Can I get the password in the meantime just in case?

Same password as my events, Reik!

Latest News

Back