AMS2 Formula Vintage Gen2 @ Brands Hatch, Tuesday 22nd March 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Any advice for driving these cars! They feel a bit funky and I can't quite nail it down. I suspect they have a lot of torque and not really a way to transfer it to the road? Anyway, happy for tips and tricks!
They are very much non aero cars from the 60s with more power than grip. You have to set them up for the corner well inadvance and kinda drift them through. They do like to oversteer on power.

20220322204824_1.jpg

Race1
20220322211627_1.jpg

Race2
20220322215343_1.jpg

Thanks for the race guys. Pity we had some disconnects. Awesome cars next week.

Wow... That was a lesson in how to downshift. I'm kinda ok in the slower cars, but everything seemed to be happening a lot quicker in these and I was getting muddled a lot into corners and either going into the wrong gear or misplacing my foot and clipping past the side of the gas pedal

I'm also sweating like crazy! These things might actually be a decent way to lose a bit of pudding :D

Thanks for organising @Redvaliant

Last edited:
Yeah I left after lap 1, smashed the car full into the barrier. Never had the pace/skill to keep up with you all and I lost the car at the end of lap 1. Decided to go practice a bit in singleplayer and hopefully get a bit better! I was hoping to at least have a few laps behind the pack to learn but alas! That's racing I suppose :)

Latest News

Back