Formula Legacy Manager - 70s

Status
Not open for further replies.
FIA Announcement :

Max Mosley, owner of March Engineering, has decided to retire from Formula 1 after too many unsuccessful years. Ted & Bob Toleman, owners of Toleman which is currently racing in Formula 2, will make the full leap entering the Formula One Championship next season.

Rolf Stommelen, 37 years old, and Mario Andretti, 40 years old, have both decided to retire from Formula One. Stommelen will continue his Endurance career while Andretti will join the CART Series. They will both enter the Formula One Drivers' Hall of Fame.

• Deleted member 161052

Williams
Great Britain review: Shame that Keke retired from 2nd on the grid. Great showing from Jochen from 4th on the grid.
Germany review: Another great race for Jochen showing what he can do in front of the German crowd.
Austria review: Super result Jochen, third place.
Netherlands review: Nice to see both cars in the Top 10.

Current budget: 2678$
+6 aero (1200$)
+6 engine (1200$)
+1 mechanics (200$)
Remaining: 78$

1483663467-capture-d-ecran-2017-01-06-a-01-43-46.png
I'm not sure these new sponsors are in balance. Lower tier teams would get crazy rich compared to top tiers teams. IMO 200$ just for finishing in the lowest tier is too much.

I'm not sure these new sponsors are in balance. Lower tier teams would get crazy rich compared to top tiers teams. IMO 200$ just for finishing in the lowest tier is too much.
I feel called out being the only team atm using this sponsor and having the highest budget, so I'll respond:

But lower it to what? With the amazingly reliable cars all the teams have, for a car/driver combination as bad as mine (yes, deliberately, but still) it'll be difficult to reach the top 15. Basically means I'd actually be getting no income at all. Sure, I can boost my team to a decent midfield rating, but in the scenario a team actually drops this low and loses all it's budget (which wouldn't suprise me at all with how unfair the tier placements in this game were for me..), is there a light at the end of the tunnel? All changing the finish sponsor would do is close yet another path for a tailender to progress (since if I did steady progression I'll just get shafted into a too high tier too soon, like I did with Shadow, as much as 3 times, while the quick 99 upgrade method was long-gone).

What I could suggest (even though this might not please your needs) is a return of the top 20 sponsor.. but really, 4 cars will retire for sure so that's basically the same as finish, isn't it?

@Meff28s if anything changes could you let me know 2 season breaks in advance so I can start preparing myself.

I'm not calling anyone out. I know what's it like in the bottom tier. I just feel there shouldn't be "free money" available, even in the lowest tier because at the moment that finish sponsor is exactly that. Practically automatic 800$ per market period with no risk involved.

e. Not to mention the proposed DNF sponsor :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Well @TTupsi the new Tiers rules are minor changes. You should see it in a different way. Only 3 things have changed :

- The best Tier 1 team will earn 100$ fewer (making it more difficult for the champion to keep his title)
- The worst Tier 2 team will earn 100$ more (because every year a Tier 2 team ended totally screwed)
- The worst Tier 3 team will earn 100$ more (because every year, the worst Tier 3 begged to be Tier 4 ^^)

Nothing else :thumbsup:

Well @TTupsi the new Tiers rules are minor changes. You should see it in a different way. Only 3 things have changed :

- The best Tier 1 team will earn 100$ fewer (making it more difficult for the champion to keep his title)
- The worst Tier 2 team will earn 100$ more (because every year a Tier 2 team ended totally screwed)
- The worst Tier 3 team will earn 100$ more (because every year, the worst Tier 3 begged to be Tier 4 ^^)

Nothing else :thumbsup:
Regardless of what has changed and when the current and proposed system is unbalanced in my opinion with the free money being the biggest problem. If I remember correctly tier 4 finishing sponsor was 100$ in the previous seasons. Champion tier should earn better too in my opinion. I don't think teams should be punished purposely for doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 126 27.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 106 23.5%
  • CPU

Votes: 55 12.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 82 18.2%