FFB goes crazy but only in race session.

If you're using RealFeel, disable it and see if that helps.
Thank you for your reply.
No, i'm using the default ffb.
It seems to get better when i turn down the graphic settings or when i lower visable cars on track.
I have no problem at all when i play GTR2 or Race 07.

Weird.
All mods/cars?
Screen shot your Fanatic control panel or FanaLab tuning menu that rf1 uses.
I only have stock content.
Im using the same settings in fanalab as when i play GTR2 or Race 07.
And those games work perfectly.
rfactor works great in testing when only my car is on track.
But the ffb goes crazy when im doing a race.
SEN: 540
FFB: 100
FFS: PEAK
NPD: 25
NFR: OFF
NIN: OFF
INT: 3
FEI: 80
FOR: 100
SPR: 100
DPR: OFF
BLI: OFF
BRF: 50

I use RealFeel and don't play any original content, so this may not apply. I can sit in the pits hands-off and go down straights hands-off, never had that with my Thrustmaster T300RS would oscillate without some hand weight on the wheel and could never use Full effects without major oscillations.
Fanatec-1.jpg

rF1-base.jpg

Last edited:
could never use Full effects without major oscillations

Anything above medium is not realistic. Low is the basic steering feedback, nothing else; medium adds the bumps from hitting curbs or rough track; above that is all canned effects, various vibrations and jolts with no relation to anything the car is doing, and tend to mask the basic effects you want to feel.

I use RealFeel and don't play any original content, so this may not apply. I can sit in the pits hands-off and go down straights hands-off, never had that with my Thrustmaster T300RS would oscillate without some hand weight on the wheel and could never use Full effects without major oscillations.
View attachment 771301

View attachment 771302
Thank you for the tips.
I will try installing realfeel later today.
Have you done any changes in your plr file for ffb?

Thank you for the tips.
I will try installing realfeel later today.
Have you done any changes in your plr file for ffb?
Not in my PLR file because of this line:
[ Controls ]
Current Control File="Controller"

In the Controller.ini

FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="0" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="0" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.00000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.00000" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force prediction="0.00000" // Time into the future that force is predicted, to help counteract wheel latency (0.0 to disable)

What I have found with realfeel is it likes rear-steer in the suspension file.

Not in my PLR file because of this line:
[ Controls ]
Current Control File="Controller"

In the Controller.ini

FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="0" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="0" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.00000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.00000" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force prediction="0.00000" // Time into the future that force is predicted, to help counteract wheel latency (0.0 to disable)

What I have found with realfeel is it likes rear-steer in the suspension file.
Thanks!
Today I found what whas messing up my ffb.
When I disabled G-sync the ffb was normal again.
But thank you for trying to help me out.

Best regards Aron

Latest News

Back