Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
2008-15070-fiat-500-abarth-assetto-corse1.jpg

Mazda-Cup-Car-Review-gear-patrol-slide-1.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

For the 2nd race in the 2023 @Fat-Alfie Championship we're going to Bremgarten, Switzerland. A high velocity track with of course some killing corners and tricky bends.

The Circuit Bremgarten was a 7.280 km (4.524 mi) motosport race track in Bern, Switzerland, which formerly hosted the Swiss Grand Prix from 1933 to 1954 (Formula One, 1947 to 1954) and the Swiss motorcycle Grand Prix in 1949 and from 1951 until 1954.

The circuit itself had no true straight, instead being a collection of high-speed corners. From the outset, Bremgarten's tree-lined roads, often poor light conditions and changes in road surface made for what was acknowledged to be a very dangerous circuit, especially in the wet.

THIS EVENT IS AN 12 HOUR RACE SIMULATION FROM DAWN TO DUSK USING 12X TIME MULTIPLIER. YOU NEED TO HAVE CM AND CSP INSTALLED WITH THE CSP OPTION "WEATHERFX" ACTIVE WITH SOL OR DEFAULT AS SETTING.

1698319904533.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/4bf13571-b8c7-42dc-a54f-d86391335f89?server=0 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (20:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Attachments

• 1698319885299.png
    1698319885299.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Everything was going great past our usual lap 1 crash points :roflmao:, yet somehow even when the mazda and fiat qualify in wildly different positions we all still somehow managed to get tangled up :rolleyes:. Unfortunately I got tossed behind some barriers I couldn't get through without returning to pits. Thanks for hanging around with me for a few laps after that Jason.

Hope you all had a good race, see everyone next week

these track have no room for error but the abarth always feels out of control and usually is. in the last braking zone no matter what i did it just wanted to swap ends, but what got me on lap 1 touching the grass on turn in and it just wouldn't turn after that, leading to the crash that effected most of the field.

these track have no room for error but the abarth always feels out of control and usually is. in the last braking zone no matter what i did it just wanted to swap ends, but what got me on lap 1 touching the grass on turn in and it just wouldn't turn after that, leading to the crash that effected most of the field.
For me it helped to put brake balance more to the front, I had it at 78. But I still managed to mess that braking zone once, and threw away the win there. Man I'm pissed...

Roller coaster ride of emotions. At the start I thought, OK, sixth place is good for me. Then got two places in the first round for free. (I think I prayed as I drove towards the smoke). Ok, fourth place, good. Somehow I managed to overtake Paul, which I wasn't necessarily planning on doing as it was very risky on this track. Ok, third, very good. Then John had to retreat. Gifted. After Mika's accident in the dark, I couldn't believe I was first. Really high pulse on the last lap. Paul right behind me.

And as life is sometimes, in the last corner, the only mistake of the race. Cold shower!

.020 - second!

Great evening! That's what it's all about.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

One of my best races, comfortable following Jason, Jason took a spin and gathered me up into the bargain. Jammed in the fence. Back to the pits for the forever count down.
Then watched the field go by, last and a lap down on half the field:(, catching everyone for a lap, then lap the field would have been out of even Fulvio’s talents.
So I just threw caution to the wind, did not have to worry about crashing, did not have to worry about knocking anyone off, overtaking, I just went for it and hoped all would see the pointlessness of trying anything fancy with a car a lap down, most just let the old boy go without much thought.
It would have been easy to throw the towel in, but I really like this circuit and the Abarth so I had the opportunity to, just for once enjoy myself without any worries.
:):)

Thanks all for racing and congrats to the podium, especially Paul who must have had a great race:thumbsup::)!

Next week: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...otorsports-park-wed-8th-november-2023.265099/

And also if you want to help to make it more fun for potential newcomers:

Grrr, threw away p5 (2nd Mazda) after making up lots of places on lap 1 riding my luck and just missing 2 major crashes. Gained a couple more by driving nicely and only making small errors.

Then on 2nd last lap I just touched the grass on the exit of t1 and suddenly I was on my roof. When I got right side up I was virtually stopped and for some reason Carsten could not see me and rammed me up the tailpipe.

P10 in the end, just ahead of Han.

Thanks for the race, everyone, and thanks Han for organising.

Well that was totally unexpected, I knew I had a stable car and it felt good around here but I almost got a nose bleed on the start line as I was so high up the grid:D. Like Hank, I closed my eyes and came out of the smoke screen (Jason and Ernie altercation) and passed Mika to lead lap one. I knew the fast guys would soon get by but managed to fend off Allan.
I saw Allan pit and knew I had a gap so it was all about the pit stop and getting out in front of him. As it happened I just got out in front of Thomas and settled in to P4 thinking that would do.
Then John dropped out, Hank came out of the pits just ahead of me, Mika was a victim of the cobble stones in the last turn so it was me and Hank on the last two laps.
I felt like I could have made a move in a couple of places as the car felt strong and well balanced but it would have been risky.
As it happened Hank bumped the kerb on the last turn and it was a frantic drag race to the line with the thickness of the paint on the front bumper between us! Brilliant racing, sorry I missed the after race chat, need a pee after all the excitement.:roflmao:
Thanks Han for organising this, my first win in about three years so well chuffed. The next round will be a different ball game though so will bask in the glory until then.

Latest News

Back