AC FAT-ALFIE championship multiclass round 1@Thomson Road, Wed 18th October 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Funnily i had this happen a while ago, the PC went at max whilst in AC, even coming out of the program it was going mad, i just could not believe AC was at 100% GPU and 100% CPU.
in the end i disconnected the internet and all returned to normal. I cleared out all the internet garbage and all was well. I just assumed someone was crypto mining using my PC or some sort of group PC usage group thingy. Got the PC virus checker to get rid of as much stuff as i could,
:)
^^That is seriously worrying Ernie!

Rasmus has set up recording to monitor the shenanigans, and sod's law, it hasn't done since we spoke:roflmao:

Funnily i had this happen a while ago, the PC went at max whilst in AC, even coming out of the program it was going mad, i just could not believe AC was at 100% GPU and 100% CPU.
in the end i disconnected the internet and all returned to normal. I cleared out all the internet garbage and all was well. I just assumed someone was crypto mining using my PC or some sort of group PC usage group thingy. Got the PC virus checker to get rid of as much stuff as i could,
:)
Crypto Mining plugins are a thing, absolutely. But only on shady sites or shady programs.
Pegging the CPU easily happens if a program doesn't have a protection against it. I had this multiple times during programming class. Your code hangs but doesn't crash = cpu at full load.

But it's not like someone would be really using your PC. The mining program only calculates its stuff with your hardware and uploads it. It's not like someone would have control over your pc, read data or anything.

Anything worse is a true virus but I know no one who got one in the last 15 years, apart from when watching semi-legal streams on really shady websites or when clicking on email attachments.
^^That is seriously worrying Ernie!

Rasmus has set up recording to monitor the shenanigans, and sod's law, it hasn't done since we spoke:roflmao:
Classic, lol. But I'd be happy if it won't happen again! Maybe it really was some stuck update or similar.

It's part of the same Kunos DLC which includes the MX5 Cup so probably something you guys already had a look at.
Actually I didn't because I was looking for cars within the same decade. But I will sure give it a try.

I have the light on. High beams...do you mean this option? Nothing happens when I press it.
View attachment 701849
Fernscheinwerfer, richtig?

I'll try it out. There's still time until the next event.

Thank you :thumbsup:
It's this one headlights:
1697749219615.png

Was just going to mention that Carsten, upping the brightness and wideness helps a lot. Hank maybe a different PP filter would help too? Though that dark seems like no lights are on, not dim headlights. If you go into weather settings on your drive tab, do you see Sol (or Pure) selected? With newer versions of CM i've noticed sometimes mine randomly switches back to "default"

Anything worse is a true virus but I know no one who got one in the last 15 years, apart from when watching semi-legal streams on really shady websites or when clicking on email attachments.
Funny I was just going to mention this in another thread where I recommended ublock origin for anyone who doesn't have it :geek: Between that, windows built in anti virus, and modern OS / browsers getting more locked down, the average user should be able to easily avoid getting infected (ever). Even with a liberal clicking finger :laugh:

Now, keeping them from sharing their passwords with Amaz0n.c0m is a different story :p

Last edited:
An eventful race this one was! Honestly, I was quite nervous before this race started because of it's unforgiving nature. I had to put in lots of practice to get a decent lap in without crashing every 5 laps. I read somewhere this is the easiest of the Fat-Alfie tracks, is this true?

Quali was pretty good for me, I improved my PB and started a decent 10th place. Unfortunately I got caught in the little pile up on the first lap and got put back in 18th(?) place. Oh well, these things happen.

Along the way I had some fights with Chris, Jose and for a bit Carsten was there too. I think I was a bit quicker than some of the guys, but just couldn't take the position of an Abarth and keep it. So I decided to pit, hoping I would have some space in front of me to make up the lost time.

After some laps I caught Steve and we had a little fight. That ended abruptly after he ran into the grass and spun. I tried to dodge him, but no success. We bumped together and I ended up crashing into one of those damned lampposts. Luckily (for me at least) the same happened to Steve a few corners later and I could overtake him.

With a bit less than half a race to go and a big gap in front all I could focus on was trying to go as fast as possible, hoping I could catch up. Eventually I got into a nice rythm and set another PB. Still not under 2:08 though, but I was getting very close!

As the sun was setting I caught Bouke and we had the most enjoyable racing I've had in a while. I was a bit quicker, but didn't know how or where to overtake. Normally I practice different lines against the AI, but they kept on piling up in the first hairpin so I couldn't get my practice in. With the first turn incidents with Han and Carsten at SpeedForce still on my mind I decided to brake hilariously early into the hairpin and from there on I saw no real way to overtake apart from the last hairpin which he defended well. Kudos to Bouke for staying in front. I'll get you next time!

That said, it seems the thing I have to improve most right now is fighting other people. But with just a single race a week and the AI being even slower than I am, I find it hard to improve on that aspect. Does anyone have any tips?

Also, @eN1xes, thanks for racing with us again! I always find great enjoyment in watching the replay from your perspective. It's very inspiring and educational to see how you attack corners and overtake other people.

Congrats to the podium and see you next time!

An eventful race this one was! Honestly, I was quite nervous before this race started because of it's unforgiving nature. I had to put in lots of practice to get a decent lap in without crashing every 5 laps. I read somewhere this is the easiest of the Fat-Alfie tracks, is this true?

Quali was pretty good for me, I improved my PB and started a decent 10th place. Unfortunately I got caught in the little pile up on the first lap and got put back in 18th(?) place. Oh well, these things happen.

Along the way I had some fights with Chris, Jose and for a bit Carsten was there too. I think I was a bit quicker than some of the guys, but just couldn't take the position of an Abarth and keep it. So I decided to pit, hoping I would have some space in front of me to make up the lost time.

After some laps I caught Steve and we had a little fight. That ended abruptly after he ran into the grass and spun. I tried to dodge him, but no success. We bumped together and I ended up crashing into one of those damned lampposts. Luckily (for me at least) the same happened to Steve a few corners later and I could overtake him.

With a bit less than half a race to go and a big gap in front all I could focus on was trying to go as fast as possible, hoping I could catch up. Eventually I got into a nice rythm and set another PB. Still not under 2:08 though, but I was getting very close!

As the sun was setting I caught Bouke and we had the most enjoyable racing I've had in a while. I was a bit quicker, but didn't know how or where to overtake. Normally I practice different lines against the AI, but they kept on piling up in the first hairpin so I couldn't get my practice in. With the first turn incidents with Han and Carsten at SpeedForce still on my mind I decided to brake hilariously early into the hairpin and from there on I saw no real way to overtake apart from the last hairpin which he defended well. Kudos to Bouke for staying in front. I'll get you next time!

That said, it seems the thing I have to improve most right now is fighting other people. But with just a single race a week and the AI being even slower than I am, I find it hard to improve on that aspect. Does anyone have any tips?

Also, @eN1xes, thanks for racing with us again! I always find great enjoyment in watching the replay from your perspective. It's very inspiring and educational to see how you attack corners and overtake other people.

Congrats to the podium and see you next time!
We seem to be on the same path Ric(ard)o, but your just a bit quicker than I am and more consistent. No doubt you will catch me next time. I'll try to hang on :cool:

Fighting others is also my main thing to learn (next to improve on trail braking, turn in earlier at the right speed aiming at the right apex :confused: , staying on the track most of the time, react to brake lights of people I race close to, etc, etc, etc.), but racecraft is a real tricky thing to learn. I'm also playing with the AI when possible, but they are very predictable most of the time, and I always have to do Fulvio-style races (last to first) to meet them anyway. It's quite fun sometimes though.

But racing real people, nothing beats that. In my case tension and nerves play up quite easily, not wanting to kill other people's races, but also not just driving around for the sake of it. I want to learn how to simrace and luckily this little community creates a very very friendly place to do just that. Many different levels of racers at the track at the same time, always someone to race with. No hard feelings (mostly) when things end up quite badly, clear rules on how to deal with accidents, etc. For me the right place to learn (slow learner).

Still nervous (somewhat) for most races, but getting used to it, calming down, relaxing more. Better pedals do help in confidence, I recently learned.

So, even though I'm not the most experienced/qualified guy to advise on this matter, just keep racing with us and I can highly reccomend the GT races on sunday with Brian and a lot of the wednesday drivers, the F-Agile championship on thursday, etc. More races, more training. For myself I only wish I had more time, more time, more time. My 'rig' (ahum) is not the best but that doesn't matter at this point, I just need to race more, practice more, learn more, etc.

I hope for some more good fights, but somehow I think you'll be up the charts sooner then I am :cool: . (stubborn, slow learner me)

See you on the track!

Last edited:
Hey Rico and Bouke, we all learn at a different pace. Ive been doing it for around 3 years so i probably wont get much better if any. You know what though, its all about having fun and never ever lose sight of the fact we are all only moving pixels around a screen in the language of zeros and ones now matter how good we are. In fact i have read somewhere, true aliens are more aware of that fact and are able to manipulate code in there heads. Me, i just see a car and am happy that way :)

Some good tips there Bouke. I would like to add one more: join the server whenever one of the faster guys are on there and then just watch them set some fast laps. I did this last weekend when Allan was around. Watched a couple of laps, tried to recreate the same lines and within a couple of laps I was 2-3 seconds faster.

I completely agree with racing more often with other people. I might show up at some of the other races as well. Learning multiple tracks and other cars in the same week might influence how well I do on Wednesdays though so I'll have to see how that goes.

I hope for some more good fights, but somehow I think you'll be up the charts sooner then I am :cool: . (stubborn, slow learner me)
Don't be too sure about that! You've been improving a lot as well. The type of track matters a lot. You seem to be quicker on tracks that are more flowy. I don't think Thomson Road is the best way to compare our skills.

You know what though, its all about having fun and never ever lose sight of the fact we are all only moving pixels around a screen in the language of zeros and ones now matter how good we are.
Wise words and a good reminder that the reason I joined you guys was to have some fun every Wednesday. Luckily my competitive nature makes working hard a rewarding experience. Just have to remember not to take it too seriously!

If our goal was to scare the newbies straight we´d probably mention the

"Harrowing Wrought Iron Poles of sudden but painfull Death"(TM)

that Robert (FatAlfie) deploys as Anti Cut Devices!!

OUCH.PNG

But since we don´t want to discourage anyone who puts up with us just some friendly advice:

"You better not cut the corner, son" :O_o:

Attachments

• OUCH.PNG
    OUCH.PNG
    944 KB · Views: 34

Latest News

Back