Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1663865061047-png.602325

TVR_Griffith_200_at_Brands_Hatch.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

For our 3rd race we go to the Deutschlandring, Hitler's race track!

Commissioned by the Führer himself, it was intended as a formidable competitor for the Nordschleife. It was partly built by prisoners from a nearby concentration camp and the German Grand Prix was planned for 1940. That never happened because of WW2 and after that the track was behind the Iron Curtain. The circuit is now part of the existing road network with a number of adjustments to limit speed and increase safety.

This dark history aside, it's a great track with three very different sectors. A long straight where the cars will reach their top speed. A slow sector with many hairpin bends where turning the cars is the challenge And a tricky sector with fast corners where a mistake is easily made.

1666817870365.png

If you're interested, you can sign up for the championship here:

IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week) Password: The same as last week. If you don't know, send me a PM.
  • Race server: S.GP Password: The same as last week. If you don't know, send me a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (20:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Ferrari 250GTO/TVR Griffith 200
  • Track: Deutschlandring, Germany.
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 70%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A while ago I realized, that the Deutschlandring isn't far from my home. So when I came closer this summer, I couldn't hold back to do three laps and try to capture one with my mobile. So here's the video. Don't expect much. It's just to give you a feeling of how it looks like in real life. It was hard to hold back and not to race it too much (and risk too much).

The only difference between the race track and real life today is two modern junctions right after the long right hander, which interupt the flow a bit. The rest is the same as in history.

A while ago I realized, that the Deutschlandring isn't far from my home. So when I came closer this summer, I couldn't hold back to do three laps and try to capture one with my mobile. So here's the video. Don't expect much. It's just to give you a feeling of how it looks like in real life. It was hard to hold back and not to race it too much (and risk too much).

The only difference between the race track and real life today is two modern junctions right after the long right hander, which interupt the flow a bit. The rest is the same as in history.

@Fat-Alfie See what an amazing job you did!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That was semi-optimal for me today. Made a bad mistake early in the race.
After that it was only a question of saving what can be saved.

Great event as always :thumbsup:

Fun fact: I moved the CSP and the postprocessing filter to the year 2022.
Result: FPS almost halved, but optically I have a new game, so to speak.
I can't believe what I've missed so far. :confused:

I'm glad to congratulate all the guys in front of me, who have been the very most of you haha, because you've driven amazingly, especially in the last sector. I've tried my best tonight, I've put a decent practice, trying to improve the setup but I wasn't confident at all.
The pace of the guys with whom I usually have battles has been 3 seconds faster than mine (ok, it's a 4-min track almost) but it's enough to understand. And I'm not disappointed with myself!

Thanks to Fulvio for telling us the gears before the race. Maybe it has helped me (I've done a similar fastest lap than in qualy) but it's been my mistake to change that without testing it. In the first laps I've lost a lot of seconds (2 per lap almost) because the first and second sectors changed my driving with this new gearbox. And the last sector was still a disaster compared to you all hahaha
I've had a clear lack of confidence when it came to downshift from 4th to 3rd gears in the first sector and very undecided between 1st and 2nd in the last one. So I will try to watch the onboards and learn :)
Anyway, if any of you wanted to share the setup or tips, I'd appreciate it a loooot :barefoot: I'm attaching my original setup (4) and the one with Fulvio's gearbox in the next message.

Despite p13, another great night with you and this fantastic game. Driving cars like TVR in such a beautiful track like Deutschlandring is a gift of life, even if it's virtual :)

See you mates!!

PD: again I haven't dared to use clutch and H-shifter. I was 3 seconds slower with short practice, but above all I didn't feel safe downshifting from 4th to 3rd/2nd. Nonetheless, ot wasn't very different than the pads, so who knows if next time! It's possible that I'll use it, I have 2 weeks!

Tried to just not make a mistake, managed that, good race for me. My finish was about right considering all that happened.
My only moment was the last corner last lap, Steve lost the back, I really felt for his plight, but it did not stop me taking advantage.:roflmao::unsure: Sorry Steve.
Good race overall , close, and competitive, a success I would say.
What a great track it is to, a triumph fat Alfie.:)
Really good setup, for me the car was very stable, so had little problems.:)
Bleeding braking was my only concern, after seeing how hot Hank was on the brakes, decided to just wait behind, easily out dragged on the long straight or being easily outbraked made it easy to make the decision to just sit there.:O_o:
:)
Oh! Lars gave me plenty of grief, but in the end helped me catch Steve, I buggered up my pit stop, but with hind sight I do not think it would have made much difference.
The end

Man I enjoyed this race! Had some battles going on for most of the laps. My pc crashed in qualifying so only managed one timed lap. I guess that set me up nicely for a entertaining race :)

After navigating through a couple of stranded first lap cars I caught up to Colin and then Ernie. Could not get past for several laps and then got a bit too eager in one of the uphill hairpins and nudged Ernies rear bumper just enough to spin him around. Waited for him to get his car pointing uphill again, but that lost us both some time. Felt bad about it so pitted early, thinking I might have the pace pass in the pits, but messed that up by spinning out in a hairpin while pushing. Ah well! When Ernie did his pitstop he came out in front of me but since he had to accelerate uphill out of the pits I managed a pass into t1 with my higher closing speed. Ernie was on my bumper for a couple of laps, it was really tense but I just managed to hold him off.

Then towards the end we caught up to a very sideways Steve who was struggling with the rear tyres it looked like.

After the messy race at Bremgarten I'm happy I managed a reasonably clean one today. Until next time!

Last edited:
this car for me is hate and love , i have this weird feeling sometime the weight don't shift even if u do almost the same line . my pitstop was horrible had to put the reverse and lost around 8-10 sec i was able to recover that gap since we have done the pit early than every1 and Reik got in a fight with p2-p3 in the end also this was a part of el plan to pit early and hope for a follow in the pit cause i push more when i see cars infront . in my fastest lap my brain was not working i literally did the t2 with hard braking and downshifting to 3rd in the middle of the straight dont ask me why. anyway have to say amazing qualy lap from Reik and amazing clean and good fight in race , so hat off to Reik . Congratz to the Podium, as always ty for Han for hosting and car paint :D

Latest News

Back