Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1663865061047-png.602325

TVR_Griffith_200_at_Brands_Hatch.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Today the first race in the @Fat-Alfie Championship 2022 with the classic cars. Thomson Road is David's first creation and also the shortest of his magnificent tracks.
Thomson Road Grand Prix is an historical streetcircuit in Singapore.
The Thomson Road Grand Prix circuit measures 4.865 km long per lap and runs in a clockwise direction. The circuit starts with the "Thomson Mile", a mile-long stretch along Upper Thomson Road. Halfway through this stretch of road, there was "The Hump", a right hand turn that caused drivers to lift off the ground if they sped past this bend. Behind this hump is the notorious killer lamppost on the left side of the track.

Thomson Road had many challenging features, including the treacherous "Circus Hairpin" bends and the "Snakes" section. In particular, the "Murder Mile" feature of this track derived its name from the fact that many racing accidents occurred along this stretch. Similarly, "Devil's Bend" got its name because it was the most dangerous part of the circuit.

A special thanks to @Fat-Alfie for increasing the number of pitplaces so we can have more participants in the championship.

1200px-Thomson_Road_Circuit.svg.png

If you're interested, you can sign up for the championship here:

IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Ferrari 250GTO/TVR Griffith 200
  • Track: Thomson Road Grand Prix, Singapore
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 70%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
They were not just laughing at you Han, i felt it too. I have been going around in circles trying to set up the car for the track and have now decided to leave the car alone and i am the link that needs a setup. Probably the hardest of all the season tracks me thinks. Never mind, you could of made it harder by running Fontney in reverse!

Well, practiced for half an hour , came off far too many times, always over the hump.
Held out little hope for the race..
After about 8 laps really had enough, shame Allan waited for me. At that point in the race did not have that on my mind, otherwise I would have told him to carry on. But it was very gentlemanly of him to wait. So thankyou Allan.
I enjoyed it while it lasted, even though the outcome was obvious to me.
Took a spin over the hump, lost left front wheel, pits were too far, so had no choice but to abandon the race.
The end.

Well, practiced for half an hour , came off far too many times, always over the hump.
Held out little hope for the race..
After about 8 laps really had enough, shame Allan waited for me. At that point in the race did not have that on my mind, otherwise I would have told him to carry on. But it was very gentlemanly of him to wait. So thankyou Allan.
I enjoyed it while it lasted, even though the outcome was obvious to me.
Took a spin over the hump, lost left front wheel, pits were too far, so had no choice but to abandon the race.
The end.
Just lift a tiny little bit before the hump and you will be allright.
Flat out went wrong every time I tried that.

Guys, thanks all for racing.
All next events will be with 80% fuel usage so the GTO can also have a 1 liter pitstop.
I don't really see the point for a mandatory pitstop if there is only 1 strategy available? Especially not when the strategy is simply stopping for 1 second.

Latest News

Back