AMS2 F1 1991 @ Buenos Aires, Friday 22nd July, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
just a heads up that I will not be around on Friday so I won't be able to make it this week. I'm having a bit of a tech 'mare anyway so it gives me some time to resolve things....

Temp is going down in Holland. Simroom is livable again :).
I will be there @Redvaliant this Friday. Perhaps I will also bring some friends. I will setup een "open lobby" server tonight for some races in this combi just to practise. If anyone would like to practise for tommorow, or just have somefun. Join us on the Racedepartment Practice server tonight

No worries Inge, it was a bit of a late change to Friday. I'm still keen to race on the night. 200mph and it feels not-fast-enough on this track.

We had some nice racing with this combi today. Good choise Daniel, protip: if you think about lowering the rearwind for the long straits, think again

Last edited:
We had some nice racing with this combi today. Good choise Daniel, protip: if you think about lowering the rearwind for the long straits, think again
I did a few test laps this evening too and I agree, reducing downforce is not a good idea...and an inch offline through the fast corners could be end of race !

Also the AI in these cars is totally useless. They seem to completely ignore all other cars on the track and accidents happen on every corner.:roflmao:

I tested all 3 cars the other day and I will be using the V8, H pattern shifter model. It is the slowest of the 3 but is so rewarding to drive. It's only about 5kph slower in the back straight than the other two - if you keep it on the island in low downforce mode. I actually reduced both the front/rear wings to try and get some more speed out of the cars on the long back straight. I think I saw 317kph in the V12. Turn 2 - the fast left of the T1/T2 esses - is the crucial corner on the whole track as it determines your terminal speed all the way down the back straight. But lowering the rear wing is heart in your mouth stuff through there. What a track!

Didn't manage a single lap in either race.:(
First was my fault, sorry Quentis. Didn't see you on my inside at the chicane.
Second race I thought I'll start from the back and keep out of trouble and got tangled up with Guido coming sideways across the starting grid :D
Car was pretty much toast in both collisions.:(

Yeah, the start of R2 was a mess. People need to practice their starts and exercise caution away from the start and T1.

Anyway, great racing for those who survived - not me in R2.
20220722210000_1.jpg

20220722212849_1.jpg

20220722214810_1.jpg

20220722221628_1.jpg

Latest News

Back