Driving aid question

What means these settings in PLR file that I have
These are under driving aids..I want everything help related off. Are these right?
And to clear things, I'm playing PnG3 mod.

Steering Help="0"
Steering Help Functionality="1" // 0 = new help, 1 = new help + grip, 2 = original, 3 = original + grip
Throttle Control="2"

Steering help set to 0 disables it entirely; set to 1 enables it, then the next line is active, I'm not sure of the differences in the levels of it, but that setting is unused if the first line is 0. I believe at its lowest level it just provides greater steering at low speeds (helps with hairpins and exiting pits), at higher levels it virtually guides you into turns.

Steering help set to 0 disables it entirely; set to 1 enables it, then the next line is active, I'm not sure of the differences in the levels of it, but that setting is unused if the first line is 0. I believe at its lowest level it just provides greater steering at low speeds (helps with hairpins and exiting pits), at higher levels it virtually guides you into turns.
Ok, thanks

I have this anniversary patch installed with only basic tracks and cars. Can I now install whatever tracks and cars I like even when I have this patch installed?

Yes, the patch only affects default content. So install it first then add whatever you like.
Ok, thanks..AND, sorry i have problems with these..when loading tracks I downloaded and installed
it crashes sometimes to desktop when loading the track. GTR.exe is launching with administration rights.
Is it wise to run the setup.cmd once in a while? Or just installing again tracks that don't work?

Ok, thanks

Can I now install whatever tracks and cars I like even when I have this patch installed?

Personally I would recommend against that.
Some bigger mods are designed to work with other similar mods and imho should be separated.

I give example SCC and ALMS are made to work together along with a number of other mods.
Except they have base files that are altered so whichever you add last will be used.
I want to use the exact settings that the mod author wanted.
So I invented "Essentials Mods" using GME's that separate conflicts like this.
You want to drive ALMS you enable it's GTR files and expo set which are different to other mods.
You then want to drive SCC you disable ALMs set and enable the set came with SCC.
Overwriting specific GTR files for 1 mod can cause issues.

If you just keep adding content to one folder you will and up regretting it and no way to retrace steps properly.

As well the more content you add to one folder will just slow it and make it lag every time you add another track. Try 700 tracks in one folder, Track Linker you see in screen handles that many in it's stride.
I recommend PnG LinkTool so you can keep all tracks in a separate folder.
That will save duplication across multiple gmotor folders as well.
IO even use LinkTool to remove and separate the default tracks from folders I don't wish to have them but can be added in 1 click if so wished.

Lastly GTR233 the author, his own words:
Fresh GTR2 Fresh Anniversary add nothing else........
I would listen to the author.
Only takes 2GB-3GB extra at the most every gmotor folder, even less when you use LinkTool.

Mind you, I think outside the box :p

Last edited:
Here is another example.
I need 12 player files just to cover all various combos of talent, AI, FFB , etc.
New player and Old so ....24 "mods" lol

Or you be forever editing PLR and/or most people don't even realize what they done when they swap mods.

That is out of the box thinking :coffee:, works 101% all gmotor content, saves countless hours.
Get a issue with a certain folder the you will find the conflict/s one up ;)

Mind you these are way old, I have not bothered with keeping Essentials mods up to date.

Last edited:
I would like to second what Durge said - I tried using HQ as a base for other mods, but truth is most of the mods are authored for the base game, they do not expect HQ patch as a base. After a while, I gave up on using HQ as a base, instead I use it only for 2003/2004 GT, PnG and F1 1994 (polished by GTR233) cars, and for other mods I just pick individual parts of HQ I need, like skies, env maps, wipers, UI etc.

In fact, I personally have separate GTR2 install for every single mod and keep mods separate from each other. This makes GTR2 fast to boot, avoids conflicts and makes it easier to customize game for one specific series/championship and saves time investigating weird issues, that are so weird that they sometimes depend on order of cars getting loaded.

Raine, you sound like someone who seeks realism. Do you race PnG cars with H-Shifter and clutch pedal?

Last edited:
You guys made your point clear. I will start again the install process. I will make separate install for HQ anniversary mod. My mess was already beginning to have slow downloads etc..
Some tracks not working, some cars not working...haha!
But, man it looked good when it worked.
Yes, I use h-shifter and clutch-pedal. But not always, sometimes I seek those blip and lift settings to drive with paddles. Especially when testing things.
Great advices, from you all!

Well, I leave this install like this..there is now GRID gt-mod, FRM-mod and Anniversary Patch.
I installed the HQ gt 2005 add-on mod, but it has it's problems working. Especially tracks with
fia-gt 2005 in front of trackname in-game. They don't work and they came with the that mod.
Loading time isn't hideous at the moment. Crewchief works fine and the tracks and cars that work
are astounding when keeping in mind how old this sim is.

I have rfactor 1 mods also like a lot and they are each and everyone in separate install. Don't
know why I didn't do the same thing with this. But for sure I will do that in my future tweakings.
I'll look that PnG link tool too, it seems very very useful.
I have content manager for assetto corsa and GEM+ for GPL, is it like those?

Yes, I use h-shifter and clutch-pedal. But not always, sometimes I seek those blip and lift settings to drive with paddles. Especially when testing things.
Well, PnG cars are not paddle shifted and if you seek further realism my plugin implements some H-Shifting improvements + per gear damage (like Grinding Tranny mod for rF1 but with damage, so you can end up finishing race without a gear or not finishing at all. In fact GT mod author kindly shared his ideas with me). Together with flat spots and dirt pickup I think it improves PnG experience further, check it out if it sounds interesting: https://thecrewchief.org/showthread...Setup-Instructions-Known-Issues-and-Changelog

Last edited:
Well, PnG cars are not paddle shifted and if you seek further realism my plugin implements some H-Shifting improvements + per gear damage (like Grinding Tranny mod for rF1 but with damage, so you can end up finishing race without a gear or not finishing at all. In fact GT mod author kindly shared his ideas with me). Together with flat spots and dirt pickup I think it improves PnG experience further, check it out if it sounds interesting: https://thecrewchief.org/showthread...Setup-Instructions-Known-Issues-and-Changelog
Everything like this is interesting, thanks!

Everything like this is interesting, thanks!
That's what I thought based on your posts :) This stuff has some learning curve associated with it, but if it runs on your system, I can bet you will enjoy it. GTR2 is a great game, but it does miss many features. This plugin is focused on fixing game bugs (yes GTR2 is very buggy, any software is. If you know RBR it's a bit like FixUp plugin but much more than that) and adds features that did not make it into the game. Let me know if you are stuck, I'll try to help.

Last edited:
Well, PnG cars are not paddle shifted and if you seek further realism my plugin implements some H-Shifting improvements + per gear damage (like Grinding Tranny mod for rF1 but with damage, so you can end up finishing race without a gear or not finishing at all. In fact GT mod author kindly shared his ideas with me).

What would be really great is if it was possible to combine the Grinding Tranny mod with your H-Shifting features since it isn't feasible to use these with 1960s cars (which usually didn't have rev limiters) due to that you will blow the engine in no time as you won't get any indication that you're still in neutral when getting on the gas after a missed gear shift.

I just bought thrustmaster th8 shifter for things like this! Now I have find time to my wife and kids also...hah.
I'm very beginner here and I like tweaking these a lot on my own through trial and errors, but your help is a
big bonus for me. Yes I know RBR, I have that too in my computer.
I love so much PnG3 mod, it's amazing..I have a question for it also..What steering wheel ranges you use on
these cars?
I have mine set at "900" and it feels little bit too much. And is there a way to make the in-game wheel turn as much as the real wheel?!
Is this best at which number? Steer Ratio Speed="25.00000" I have it in rFactor "0.00000" and find that it's good there.
I haven't installed yet the anniversary patch to my PnG3 mod because I'm afraid it breaks something.
I have installed there the lemans classics mod and some 67mods and they work really well.
Now I'm trying to replicate lots of those races GPLaps does in youtube. Especially that 1966 12hrs of sebring.
I could sink so much time with these games that I couldn't walk for sitting so long in my chair.

Last edited:
I have mine set at "900" and it feels little bit too much. And is there a way to make the in-game wheel turn as much as the real wheel?!
Plugin has a feature that improves that aspect. scaleDriverAnimationToPhysicalDegrees setting helps with that. If you set it to 900 (assuming your physical wheel is at 900) it will match visual rotation up to +-120 degrees then stop, not perfect but looks good most of the time. I originally planned to develop this further, but not anymore as this is good enough.

To make steering sharper in GTR2, increase the Steering Lock in car setup.

Steer Ratio Speed - at 0 here.

Yes, simulators take a lot of time :) But rewards are big as well.

BTW - the nice thing about GTR2 is you can copy it as many times as you want. So don't be afraid of breaking things, simply back working copy up at each step.

Last edited:
What would be really great is if it was possible to combine the Grinding Tranny mod with your H-Shifting features since it isn't feasible to use these with 1960s cars (which usually didn't have rev limiters) due to that you will blow the engine in no time as you won't get any indication that you're still in neutral when getting on the gas after a missed gear shift.

For those who don't know, the rFactor 1 Grinding Tranny mod plays a sound of grinding gears when a misshift occurs, letting the player know to try and engage the gear again and not getting on the gas. I've tried to get the mod working for GTR2 but didn't succeed.

For those who don't know, the rFactor 1 Grinding Tranny mod plays a sound of grinding gears when a misshift occurs, letting the player know to try and engage the gear again and not getting on the gas. I've tried to get the mod working for GTR2 but didn'
Plugin has a feature that improves that aspect. scaleDriverAnimationToPhysicalDegrees setting helps with that. If you set it to 900 (assuming your physical wheel is at 900) it will match visual rotation up to +-120 degrees then stop, not perfect but looks good most of the time. I originally planned to develop this further, but not anymore as this is good enough.

To make steering sharper in GTR2, increase the Steering Lock in car setup.

Steer Ratio Speed - at 0 here.

Yes, simulators take a lot of time :) But rewards are big as well.

BTW - the nice thing about GTR2 is you can copy it as many times as you want. So don't be afraid of breaking things, simply back working copy up at each step.
That tranny is very good in rfactor1, I have it in historic mod 1.96
How to do a custom race in GTR2/PnG3 and I mean howto/where to precisely tweak participants etc and classes? Is it a text file somewhere where you can do the most smallest of detailed adjustments?

That tranny is very good in rfactor1, I have it in historic mod 1.96
How to do a custom race in GTR2/PnG3 and I mean howto/where to precisely tweak participants etc and classes? Is it a text file somewhere where you can do the most smallest of detailed adjustments?
I can't provide the exact guide, but I would assume (I never got deeply into rF1 due to lack of built-in rain) that process is similar to rFactor. Some files extensions are different, but you can do a lot by editing track, championship .gdb and per car .car files. I think the best way to learn is by looking at how mods do it. IIRC F1 1994 mod tries to do something like that, where some cars appear only on some stages of the championship. Basically what you did in rF1 should work with small differences in GTR2. I remember there was a guide for .gdb file but I could not locate it today.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is on your wishlist for AC Evo

• Free roam

Votes: 244 39.4%
  • Online service

Votes: 150 24.2%
  • Advanced feature AI

Votes: 265 42.8%
  • Graphics

Votes: 189 30.5%
  • Car customization