Resource icon

DiRT Rally 2.0 Dirt Rally 2.0 camera mod 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Fleskebacon submitted a new resource:

Dirt Rally 2.0 camera mod - More adjustable cameras

Makes cockpit camera more adjustable in all directions. Also sets camera pitch to 0 degrees by default.

Copy contents into your DR2 folder. Shouldn't conflict with skins or other mods.

Note 1: Doesn't work on DLC cars, and I don't think there is any way to do that, unfortunately.

Note 2: Seems to work just fine with leaderboards and cloud sync. Haven't tested this extensively, though, so no guarantees given! If things get weird, just delete the camera files. No game files are changed and...

Read more about this resource...

Hi, does this still work? Noticed stock files in 'cars' folder are files with .nefs extension, and don't have camera files (in individual folders)?

I think it still works, I haven't used it in quite some time though. If I remember correctly, the mod files overrides the nefs files.
I see. But like I said, stock files use .nefs while camera files are in separate folders with camera.xml inside, so nothing is overridden (ie. just adds the new folders/files). Tried copying them but didn't seem to see any difference.

I see. But like I said, stock files use .nefs while camera files are in separate folders with camera.xml inside, so nothing is overridden (ie. just adds the new folders/files). Tried copying them but didn't seem to see any difference.
It's meant to be that way, no game files are supposed to be overwritten or changed. The camera.xml from the mod will override the default values in the nefs file when installed in the right place.

I don't think the game has been updated since I last confirmed that this works, so it should still be good. Will check it when I have the opportunity, just to be sure. 👍

I can confirm it still works, because I can move the camera down here:
dr2.jpg

Note that it doesn't work for the DLC cars, because they are encrypted. And it isn't so easy to know which cars are DLC or not. If it doesn't work, try another car.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is on your wishlist for AC Evo

• Free roam

Votes: 567 42.6%
  • Online service

Votes: 360 27.1%
  • Advanced feature AI

Votes: 583 43.8%
  • Graphics

Votes: 466 35.0%
  • Car customization