Convertion issues from rFactor using rFactor Tools

Hi, I'm new to this, but I'm trying to convert some tracks from rFactor to AMS, and, based on an YouTube video, I found some of them, but the user just said they converted them from rFactor using the rFactortools file.

I did it with 3 tracks and a carset, but the graphics are not working properly, like the textures are all out of place. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Can someone share some light in this?

Attachments

• QATAR.jpg
    QATAR.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi. This is because the converter tool doesn't necessarily put the files in the correct place. You need to understand how the file structure works and then painstakingly review the converted files to ensure they are accurate. One good tip is to look at how the files are laid out in a track from AMS and compare it to your converted track. The other thing to do is open the files, such as the GDB and SCN files. These contain lines that point to different files that may not be in the correct place.
This is only half the battle. Before you get too excited, I would point out that AMS has a dynamic track grip, and Rfactor does not. This means that your converted tracks will never feel quite right. Adding the updated dynamic track grip is so complicated that I could never figure out how to do it.
The Rfactor tools app appears to be a nice one-click conversion tool. Unfortunately, it is not.

Latest News

What is on your wishlist for AC Evo

• Free roam

Votes: 567 42.6%
  • Online service

Votes: 360 27.1%
  • Advanced feature AI

Votes: 583 43.8%
  • Graphics

Votes: 466 35.0%
  • Car customization

Votes: 465 35.0%