AC Classic F1 Championship race#6@Monza66, Tuesday, 5th April 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The standard in-game one is 'bugged' around here because the outlap is a lap and a half and this causes issues with it.

I use an app similar to Laurent and I just take the avg. consumption per lap. Important is to calculate for 35 minutes if the race is 35 minutes, don't calculate for 30 minutes. Happens to some people....

Fortunately I noticed it in lap 2 of the first race already, so I had plenty of time to lift and coast a bit.

I use an app similar to Laurent and I just take the avg. consumption per lap. Important is to calculate for 35 minutes if the race is 35 minutes, don't calculate for 30 minutes. Happens to some people....
With my app you don't have to calculate yourself, that's the point. You can configure it to 35 mins by default as well in CM if you wish.

Fortunately I noticed it in lap 2 of the first race already, so I had plenty of time to lift and coast a bit.
Yes, you were slowing me down quite a bit indeed which allowed Allan to close in. I had to be more aggressive and go for an overtake earlier.. I braked too late into parabolica when Allan was also on the charge, stupid mistake there.

I use an app for fuel but lately I'm just calculating how many litres have been used for 10 or 15 min and calculate the mean. It seems AC consumption is very linear. And I consider 35'+1 extra lap and rounding the mean (if 2.7 l/min, then 3). Ok, not the optimum way because in the end I finish with 2 extra laps in my tank but it might help haha

With my app you don't have to calculate yourself, that's the point. You can configure it to 35 mins by default as well in CM if you wish.

Yes, you were slowing me down quite a bit indeed which allowed Allan to close in. I had to be more aggressive and go for an overtake earlier.. I braked too late into parabolica when Allan was also on the charge, stupid mistake there.
Oh I wasn't fuel saving at that point yet, I made 5th gear a bit too long and 4th was too short for the banking.

The standard in-game one is 'bugged' around here because the outlap is a lap and a half and this causes issues with it.
Didn't realize that! Clever boy:thumbsup:!
I calculate always the fuel for the expected amount of laps and add fuel for an extra lap but it wasn't enough with the long outlap indeed.

This method of mine usually works. The last time it went wrong, was with the Audi TT where I didn't realize that using P2P consumes significally more fuel so my calculation based on practice without P2P wasn't enough.

New standings:
1649234733055.png

Poor racing all around on my part.
First i practiced the wrong monza until the night before the race.

Next, i was late to the first race so i only did the last 7:00 min or so.

And finally i kept putting a rear wheel into the grass on the last race. (Instant spin!) I did it several times on the strait before parabollica. The car seemed hard to keep in a strait line, possibly something i did on the setup. (Less aero and stiffer dampers than im used to). At one point i slipped onto the grass, bounced off the right side wall, and shot across the track, collecting a few unlucky folks along the way. Sorry to whoever that was!

Still fun racing, though. Terrifying, but fun.

...Those old cars must have had mighty springs and shocks to support the HUGE BALLS of The guys who drove them!

Had 2 mixed races yesterday, at first I had to lower my force feedback, because the banking was quite intensive.

In the 60's cars, my pace was not very good. Qualified 13th, and my start was decent. But soon I was in a pack of I think 4 cars, on the straight between the banked corners. I went to the left, but unfortunately there was someone already driving there. There was contact and we spinned both, I am sorry for that. After that I totally lost connection to the whole pack, so for the rest it wasn't really a exciting race. Apart from braking to late a few times for the Parabolica. At the end I got a gift from @HF2000 in the last few hundred meters before the finish. P10.

The 70's race went much better, I qualified P6. The start was again not so good, lost a lot of places. Some guys in front had contact, so gained some places. Then had really nice fights with a lot of guys out there. At some point we were going three-wide-and-your-in-the-middle towards the second banked turn, I chickened out haha. Few laps later I was on the inside of the same turn, and at the exit my car jumped sideways over the bumps and I hit another car. He could continue I think, but I was spinning, and finally came to a hold around start/finish. Facing the wrong way, already thinking a good classification was over, because I had to let everyone go by. I was also hoping that everyone will see me, the first cars did, but unfortunately Hank didn't. So there was contact, again sorry for the weird position to stand still.

Fortunately, thanks to the contact my car was in the good direction again. So there I went again, and after another few fights and some mistakes from others I found myself on P2. Very nice race :)

Thanks Han for organizing :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Back