Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1200px-Ferrari_312_-_002.jpg
Lotus-49-Cosworth-7221.jpg

1200px-Regazzoni%2C_Clay_am_31.07.1976_-_Ferrari_312T.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

The 4th race will be even more relaxed than Spa. To preserve the historical context, we use the layout without the Hunaudieres chicanes. Time enough to have a drink or otherwise slipstream your opponent. But beware, if you pass him too early he will have a slipstream on you and pull you back in front of the Virage de Mulsanne. Timing is the key!

Therefore it will be a different race from the first three.

As all events in this championship, we're doing two separate races tonight. That are also two separate S.GP events.
After the 1st race you have to leave the server and join the server of the 2nd race that will be started shortly after race 1 has ended. YOU HAVE TO DO THIS YOURSELF, IT'S NOT AUTOMATED.

Le-Mans-Sarthe-86.aa340890e531840386428f09964195f6.png

Official practice time for both races is short so we can have two races tonight. There's a server available during the week where you can practice and configure your setup.

Further information and registering for this championship: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/classic-f1-championship-2022.216649/

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • Race 1 ('60 cars)
    • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
    • 20:20 CEST, 19:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
    • 20:45 CEST, 19:45 BST (19:45 UTC) | 35 minutes - Race
  • Race 2 ('70 cars)
    • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
    • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
    • 22:05 CEST, 21:05 BST (21:05 UTC) | 35 minutes - Race
Event details:
  • Cars:
    • '60: Lotus 49, Ferrari 312/67
    • '70: Lotus 72D, Ferrari 312T
  • Track: LeMans, France
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Track Temps: 25C air/35C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

I expact very nice slip stream battles here, so I want to ask if it would be OK or not OK to cross the interupted white outside lines to make a pass on the long straights? Maybe at least allow it only for the straight part of the mulsanne straight? I think of safer overtakes or maybe pass two cars already being side by side.

I expact very nice slip stream battles here, so I want to ask if it would be OK or not OK to cross the interupted white outside lines to make a pass on the long straights? Maybe at least allow it only for the straight part of the mulsanne straight? I think of safer overtakes or maybe pass two cars already being side by side.
Good point! I will allow it.

Weird feeling tonight. As always, I enjoyed the GP a lot. Le Mans is great, a bit worse without the chicanes (but I agree on respecting the context ;)), and it's fantastic to be in a grid of 20 drivers. Very good job, Han!
I've finished p10 and p9 but I feel I had more potential in my pace from the second half of each race, maybe for fighting for p7 or so (not better) without incidents and having kept this pace. My fastest laps have been 1-1.5 second faster than the official laps, but got invalidated for very little exit on the right turn after Porsche :unsure:
I've been quite unlucky with early incidents in both races too. In race 1, I think one driver suddenly got spun or something in a 3-wide fight in front of me, a yellow flag was displayed and I overreacted at 290 kph on that kind of right curve on the long straight in order not to crash against that car. I've lost my car because I have touched the fence while turning. Thanks Han for setting weak damage :laugh: Otherwise, I would've died there haha
This incident made me lose a lot of positions and time. And in race 2, somebody has started too late and there has been a dominoo effect. From p10 to p19, but on the long straight I have been able to overtake 4 cars thanks to the top speed of my Ferrari and then I've been a bit lucky when a few drivers have done mistakes.

Another positive thing has been the great fights with Ernie and Thomas Kimmich :thumbsup: All in all, another good night enjoying this game and this grid, now feeling I've improved with both Ferraris. Thanks to Ernie and Axel, I've improved my setups on the 312T :)

See you in 2 weeks, I wish we had this championship every Tuesday, it's so fun!

Last edited:
This was quite different than the other races so far..

The Lotus 49 was a lot quicker than the Ferrari at Le Mans. I was quite surprised how big the difference was. I was in a battle with Allan on lap 1. I got ahead of him but misshifted badly which put the car in neutral and revved causing quite a lot of damage (darkish yellow).. Allan must have been surprised when it happened as I lost all speed. Luckily the damage did not seem to cost me a lot of top speed but I was worried I would kill the engine before the end of the race since it happened so early. I had a bit of a gap to Allan behind for most of the race and was careful with the upshifts.. and it worked.

Lotus 72D was another story. I was clearly off the pace with this one. Having qualified 3 seconds behind Enzo while I have been less than a second away for all races so far.. I wasn't able to keep up at all with the leading guys including Axel on this one. I went with 0 front wing and 2 rear wing for top speed.. I must have had the gearing quite wrong, I don't know really but quite off the pace on this one. Davide (nice to see you here buddy!) spun right in front of me on lap 1 or 2 I think and I was just able to avoid him luckily. From there on the top 3 just drove off... P4 is still ok.

I enjoyed the races, thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I don’t know about anyone else but I had a lot of high speed fun here last night:D.
Something went wrong as I lost my set ups so had to quickly second guess in practice and qualifying.

Race 1- got a good start then tapped by Ernie into the Dunlop chicane at the start, thanks for waiting Ernie:thumbsup:. Ernie got by when I went wide at Tetre Rouge but my guess at the gearing seemed to work as I could fly by the Ferrari twice on the Mulsanne Autobahn! But stopping the Lotus was another story and Ernie eventually disappeared when I overshot the Mulsanne corner.

Race 2- Well, one of the best races in a long time as Taj and me had a race long battle. I got another good start but this time the Lotus struggled on the straight, probably too much wing but any less and I would have been off. Taj was slipstreaming and I was trying to break the tow. But when Taj came by my car seemed to pick up its skirt and gave chase. Taj got by again at Indianapolis and with one lap to go we were in drafting heaven as we changed positions several times down the Mulsanne straight until unfortunately Taj went wide at the corner and I was through. P11 might not seem much, but it’s not finishing position but the fun factor that counts for me.

Thanks to Han for organising, well done to the podiums and a big shout out to Taj for the great race:thumbsup:.

I had two complete different races. A lot of battles in the first race, especially with Richard due to my mistakes every time I managed to overtake him and some others. Started 12th, finished 13th and a lot of fun. Second race: not mistakes at all. Cruising at 5th with the same pace as Laurent who was after the chaotic first turns about 7s in front. Behind me Hank and Ernie at about 9s for the whole race. That may sound boring but it took a lot of concentration for the whole 35 minutes.
This track made it clear (as I hoped for when I started this) that the '60 Lotus is faster in the first race but the '70 Ferrari in the second. You can see that in the results. Of course the aliens are faster no matter which car they drive. My '70 Ferrari had much more top speed but Enzo still had a gap of 26s in the end.

I've posted the current standing in the combined championship in the Championship thread.
Thanks all for racing and see you in two weeks in Canada!

Last edited:
I had two very enjoyable races.

Well, I expected a bit closer battles due to slip streaming on the long straights but again @Enzo Fazzi was a class of its own, so he could pull away once he got in front.

At least Enzo let me taste from P1 in both races. :whistling: In Race 1 I followed him close for the first lap when Enzo lost control in the Porsche curves. So I was in the lead for a while. But from the time sheet it was obvious he would catch me, right before the end of the race. So he overtook me brave on the outside when we entered the Porsche curves with 2 laps to go. We had a little touch there but it was fair from both sides (see slow-mo below). Very hard to hold one line with these cars. So my first P2 this evening.

Race 2 I started from P2 behind Enzo, having much better traction. I think Enzo reserved himself a long 1st gear for the slow corners handing out a few positions at the start though. So again I was in the lead for 2 laps or so. Then, down the mulsanne straight, Enzo overtook me in the slip stream and so did I when braking for the right hander. But down to indianapolis he finally overtook me and increased the gap lap by lap to win with a 10 seconds gap to me.

@Axel Moebius in P3 had a very strong pace right behind me, so the pressure was on all the race. Lap by lap it was very close that he could reach for my slip stream. But luckily I was able to keep the distance at about 1,5 - 2 seconds right until the end. So this was my 2nd P2 this evening.

Thanks Han for hosting and to everyone here for the nice event.

I had two very enjoyable races.

Well, I expected a bit closer battles due to slip streaming on the long straights but again @Enzo Fazzi was a class of its own, so he could pull away once he got in front.

At least Enzo let me taste from P1 in both races. :whistling: In Race 1 I followed him close for the first lap when Enzo lost control in the Porsche curves. So I was in the lead for a while. But from the time sheet it was obvious he would catch me, right before the end of the race. So he overtook me brave on the outside when we entered the Porsche curves with 2 laps to go. We had a little touch there but it was fair from both sides (see slow-mo below). Very hard to hold one line with these cars. So my first P2 this evening.

Race 2 I started from P2 behind Enzo, having much better traction. I think Enzo reserved himself a long 1st gear for the slow corners handing out a few positions at the start though. So again I was in the lead for 2 laps or so. Then, down the mulsanne straight, Enzo overtook me in the slip stream and so did I when braking for the right hander. But down to indianapolis he finally overtook me and increased the gap lap by lap to win with a 10 seconds gap to me.

@Axel Moebius in P3 had a very strong pace right behind me, so the pressure was on all the race. Lap by lap it was very close that he could reach for my slip stream. But luckily I was able to keep the distance at about 1,5 - 2 seconds right until the end. So this was my 2nd P2 this evening.

Thanks Han for hosting and to everyone here for the nice event.

No, that's causing a collision. I deduct 200points from his results (or as many as needed so he's behind me in the ranking).

Go ahead ;)

I've now done an overtake around the outside in all 4 events, with 4 different ”victims”. Who wants to volunteer for the next one? ;)
Me, me, me!!! T8 at the end of the Andretti straight please. Death or the gladiolus!

Latest News

Back