AC Classic F1 Championship race #2@Zandvoort, Tuesday 8th February 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I hopped on the practice server at 19:40 CEST yesterday, thinking that would give me an hour and 40 mins to practice. Half an hour per car with a small break in between. Unfortunately, it meant I had 10 minutes per car (and the 15 mins in the official session). Not ideal, but I just loaded my Kyalami setups and they worked fine.

As Han already mentioned, I had an issue with my shifter. It kept popping out of the gate, most of the time when (down)shifting faster. This led to my two offtracks in Race 1, but it wasn't bad enough to cost me the win, although Reik did come alongside both times.

In race 2 it was much, much worse. Almost every lap during downshifting for T1, it would pop out of gear and into neutral, meaning I had no engine braking for the biggest braking zone of the track. This happened a couple of times and also on the final lap, so Reik took the lead and won the race.

I'm usually not a sore loser, not when I'm simply not fast enough, but losing a race because of this really annoyed me, which is why I left immediately after the race. I'm going to open up the shifter this week to see if I can fix/improve it.

Congrats on the pole and win in race 2 @Reik Major !

I hopped on the practice server at 19:40 CEST yesterday, thinking that would give me an hour and 40 mins to practice. Half an hour per car with a small break in between. Unfortunately, it meant I had 10 minutes per car (and the 15 mins in the official session). Not ideal, but I just loaded my Kyalami setups and they worked fine.

As Han already mentioned, I had an issue with my shifter. It kept popping out of the gate, most of the time when (down)shifting faster. This led to my two offtracks in Race 1, but it wasn't bad enough to cost me the win, although Reik did come alongside both times.

In race 2 it was much, much worse. Almost every lap during downshifting for T1, it would pop out of gear and into neutral, meaning I had no engine braking for the biggest braking zone of the track. This happened a couple of times and also on the final lap, so Reik took the lead and won the race.

I'm usually not a sore loser, not when I'm simply not fast enough, but losing a race because of this really annoyed me, which is why I left immediately after the race. I'm going to open up the shifter this week to see if I can fix/improve it.

Congrats on the pole and win in race 2 @Reik Major !
I'm sorry to hear about your technical issues. I knew there must be something going on, because I wouldn't expect such mistakes from an experienced driver like you.

In the race I only thought you may have done something wrong with your setup. If I had known the real reason, I might have done what Villeneuve should have done in the Hungarian GP in 1997. ;)

Wow! What fun that was!
Race 1 was mostly keeping control of the car and waiting for someone to make a mistake that could be exploited. The hi light for the race was running with @gearwhine, trying to defend against his superior skill level. He was right behind me for a while and almost overtook me a few times, but i managed to fend him off.
Steve, i hope my defending was appropriate and clean. I watched the replay and it looked good to me, but i would like your opinion as well.

The second race was a different kind of fun. I ( and probably other drivers) did most of my practice with the first car and wasnt super prepared for the second race. I was doing ok until i lost the rear with @JamKart22 close behind me. I slammed the breaks too hard to try and regain control and caused colin to slam into me, throwing him off the track. Sorry about that, buddy!
Im still awestruck at peoples ability to make quick corrections to keep from sliding. I see it as a big weakness in my driving that im working on.
Thank you all for yet another fantastic night of racing! See you soon!

First two events are done. Not my favourite tracks, but I know them for a long time. Nice racing with Han Fazzi in race one at Zandvoort. I am driving with a H-shifter since a few months. Need some practice after using the paddles for nearly ten years in simracing. Downshifting with the H-shifter is something I have to learn. I am excited about the tracks we have in front of us. Spa, Le Mans, Monza 66.... excellent with these cars.

Wow! What fun that was!
Race 1 was mostly keeping control of the car and waiting for someone to make a mistake that could be exploited. The hi light for the race was running with @gearwhine, trying to defend against his superior skill level. He was right behind me for a while and almost overtook me a few times, but i managed to fend him off.
Steve, i hope my defending was appropriate and clean. I watched the replay and it looked good to me, but i would like your opinion as well.

The second race was a different kind of fun. I ( and probably other drivers) did most of my practice with the first car and wasnt super prepared for the second race. I was doing ok until i lost the rear with @JamKart22 close behind me. I slammed the breaks too hard to try and regain control and caused colin to slam into me, throwing him off the track. Sorry about that, buddy!
Im still awestruck at peoples ability to make quick corrections to keep from sliding. I see it as a big weakness in my driving that im working on.
Thank you all for yet another fantastic night of racing! See you soon!
All looked good to me Chris. We were both running the same pace so that has to be a challenge for us both. look forward to racing you again mate

Hi everyone! Really happy to have joined my first champioship on RaceDepartment, I had been looking for it since long time ago but my schedules hadn't worked so far. But now I'm here finally and enjoyed two fun GPs. These classic formulas are fun even if you're racing alone most of the race. With the 60s, sometimes the challenge is just a survive thing! As I checked in Kyalami, the starts can be quite tricky.
I feel I can improve between 0.5 and 1 s, I need to practice a bit more, especially with the 312/67 :)

Here my highlights of the 2nd GP, in Zandvoort.
60s:
Scary moment at 4:57 with a car spun in the middle of the track which Paul Fairweather took advantage of. 5:40 was another brown code with a lapped car exiting boxes while I was fighting with Allan Ramsbottom.
70s:
I've got used to Ferrari 312T better than the '67, I could do a couple of overtakes. Sadly, there was some lag between Peter Jensen and I which caused me a big punt (not Peter's fault, he showed me his replay), thus losing enough time to lose one position, not with Peter, because he was faster, but with Hank finally. But no problem, I had a great time and also I felt it kind of a karma for my start in Kyalami (I couldn't dodge Richard at the start :( ).
I'm really looking forward to Spa and Le Mans!! See you soon :)

Latest News

Back