Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
FnaR72vmQWaXpXTrGuCpwQ
Lotus-49-Cosworth-7221.jpg

1200px-Regazzoni%2C_Clay_am_31.07.1976_-_Ferrari_312T.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

The 2nd race will take place in the dunes of Holland on the beautiful Zandvoort Circuit. After Kyalamo again a difficult track especially for the 60s cars.

As all events in this championship, we're doing two separate races tonight. That are also two separate S.GP events.
After the 1st race you have to leave the server and join the server of the 2nd race that will be started shortly after race 1 has ended. YOU HAVE TO DO THIS YOURSELF, IT'S NOT AUTOMATED.

1200px-Circuit_Park_Zandvoort-1999.svg.png

Official practice time for both races is short so we can have two races tonight. There's a server available during the week where you can practice and configure your setup.

Further information and registering for this championship: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/classic-f1-championship-2022.216649/

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • Race 1 ('60 cars)
    • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
    • 20:20 CEST, 19:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
    • 20:45 CEST, 19:45 BST (19:45 UTC) | 35 minutes - Race
  • Race 2 ('70 cars)
    • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
    • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
    • 22:05 CEST, 21:05 BST (21:05 UTC) | 35 minutes - Race
Event details:
  • Cars:
    • '60: Lotus 49, Ferrari 312/67
    • '70: Lotus 72D, Ferrari 312T
  • Track: Zandvoort, The Netherlands
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Track Temps: 20C air/30C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
As expected I had two very intense events.

In Race 1 Enzo took pole having me close behind in P2. From the start Enzo was a tiny bit faster and I drove my a** off to stay a bit close. So the fight was more with/against the car but against another driver. So more than a P2 finish wasn't possible in this race. Grats for the win mate. :thumbsup:

In Race 2 it started the other way around when I took pole very close in front of Enzo :p . At the start I coud hardly defend P1 on the outside of T1 but Enzo made huge pressure during lap one. First time at the s/f-straight Enzo attacked me and forced me into braking too late. So I went of and a few drives passed me.

After a few overtakes I was quickly back in P3 behind Laurent. Laurent was very fast and consistant. For a few laps I stuck my nose into his gear box but there was no gap to make a pass. This was very fine, thrilling close racing I enjoyed a lot, mate. After a few laps I was able to make the pass around the outside at the entrance of the chicane, so in the second part the inside line was mine.

Enzo in the lead was a few seconds away but I could close the gap, when he had braking trouble into T1. Now the time came, when the rear tyres lost more and more grip and handling got tricky. So Enzo and me had a few moments here and there. One of Enzos slides in T1 made me pass him. But I overheated the left rear when pushing to hard, hoping I could open a gap. So I nearly spun out half a lap later handing the lead to Enzo again :poop:.

I thought it would be my second P2 finish tonight, when Enzo lost the rear again into T1 close to the end. So I was lucky to finish race 2 in P1 and don't need to hear Han saying again, I let Enzo win. :whistling:

Btw thx for hosting Han! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Very intens night indeed! This format of two races with different and quite difficult cars takes a lot of energy.
I had two totally different races. After a good start it was all about defending my position to Hank Belane who was a little bit faster. I needed all my concentration to not make a mistake. For the 2nd race only practiced a few laps on hard. I don't know why I didn't consider softs until qualify ran:notworthy::confused:. But when I switched to softs, my steering wheel didn't work anymore. So I had to fix it first but the usual solution (installing the device again) didn't work. It turned out te be a broken USB connection. When I found out it was too late for another qualify run and get some experience with the softs. So during the countdown I still had to decide which tyre I should use. When I heard that most of you were using softs I decided to do the same. Good decision! The car felt so much better!

At the start something went wrong and I spun. Don't know if I got hit but in any case I was last before T1.
After that I had a great race by overtaking a lot of cars (I hope these were all within the rules). I even got Allan and Ernie. The Ferrari must have been the better car for Zandvoort because both are normally faster than me. When I was chasing Richard, he surprised me by braking quite early for the chicane and I went on the inside to avoid a collision. We hit eachother when he turned in for the apex. Sorry for that Richard. Must have looked like a divebomb but I was planning for an overtake on the straight and not in the chicane. Anyway, I waited for him and I was closing the gap again when Gary with a blue flag surprised me by lifting on Scheivlak on the middle of the track. I didn't expect that and I hit him and went off. Allan could profit from that. And because of that my rear tyres were toasted which made me spin once again. When they were cooled down I could decrease the gap to Allan and Richard to 1,5s but then the race was over.
But from 18th to 11th on Zandvoort isn't bad.

Congrats to the podiums!
The next one in two weeks will be easier: Spa! See you on track then!

Last edited:
That was very intense at Zandvoort indeed! The first qualifying wasn't even done and I was sweating already :p

Qualified third for the first race but Allan barely touched my right rear in T1 and we both went out. Allan waited for me to rejoin, but we were at the back of the field. There was a big crash up ahead which I got through quite easily. But I still had a lot of ground to make and positions to catch up to. I drove very defensively as the speed difference with some cars was quite high, other driving lines, braking points etc.. At about 2 or 3 laps from the end I caught up with Axel who was in third. I had more pace but he defended well and it seemed like his Ferrari had more straight line speed. In the last lap he braked quite early for the chicane (maybe because 2 backmarkers were ahead or just other braking point) but I locked up and slid into his back.. I waited for him to rejoin and take third place back. So P4 finish from being at the back at T1 is not bad at all.

Axel took P3 for a few milliseconds in race 2 but I got off the line better. In front Reik and Enzo were battling it out hard until they went off in T1 and I was briefly in the lead. As Reik wrote they went back and forth during the race. I'm not sure why Enzo kept going off at T1, maybe a bit stubborn ;) At some point I thought they would hand me the win but it didn't happen :p

Thanks Han! Great fun these.

Here is that race start.

Last night was a real bummer for me. Could not get into the 1st race until i unchecked cache as instructed. Kind of stressed to get me and the car ready in time. I got better as the race progressed and had a great battle with Colin and i few other drivers at around the same pace as me. Second race would not let me join no matter what i did. Password was fine, re set ,shut down, nothing worked and then i could not even see you on the server. Totally disappeared off screen. PC crashed, found you then AC kept crashing and not letting me race. All made worse listening to you all saying good luck to each other before the start. After that i struggled to get AC to run and when i did i had lost my wheel and button settings which luckily i had saved so oh yeah, a great night..PS, turned out my root canal was better than my racing :mad:

Latest News

Back