Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1200px-Ferrari_312_-_002.jpg
Lotus-49-Cosworth-7221.jpg

1200px-Regazzoni%2C_Clay_am_31.07.1976_-_Ferrari_312T.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

The 3rd race will hopefully be a bit easier than the first two. Spa has more and longer straight parts where you can relax a bit. But there are of course the challenges of Eau Rouge and Pouhon. And Blanchimont will probably not be flat out in these cars. Hard braking zones for La Source and the chicane, Spa has it all. It's a track that we all love so all ingredients are there for another great event.

As all events in this championship, we're doing two separate races tonight. That are also two separate S.GP events.
After the 1st race you have to leave the server and join the server of the 2nd race that will be started shortly after race 1 has ended. YOU HAVE TO DO THIS YOURSELF, IT'S NOT AUTOMATED.

SpaF1-07.f8790385e69917207b1a12e00b639228.png

Official practice time for both races is short so we can have two races tonight. There's a server available during the week where you can practice and configure your setup.

Further information and registering for this championship: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/classic-f1-championship-2022.216649/

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • Race 1 ('60 cars)
    • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
    • 20:20 CEST, 19:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
    • 20:45 CEST, 19:45 BST (19:45 UTC) | 35 minutes - Race
  • Race 2 ('70 cars)
    • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
    • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
    • 22:05 CEST, 21:05 BST (21:05 UTC) | 35 minutes - Race
Event details:
  • Cars:
    • '60: Lotus 49, Ferrari 312/67
    • '70: Lotus 72D, Ferrari 312T
  • Track: Spa, Belgium
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Track Temps: 21C air/31C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
Oh dear, sad news from my side concerning the spa event - I'm not able to make it. :( :cry:

It's winter holidays here, so we booked a short trip next week. My family is very considerate with my new very time consuming job situation (I've become CEO last October), so it's just fair I do them this favor. ;)

Of course it's very annoying to miss a race in a championship. But I accept it as a technical DNF (like Enzo had in the last championship) and attack even harder in the remaining events.

Or to say it with Hans signature: "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up."

Oh dear, sad news from my side concerning the spa event - I'm not able to make it. :( :cry:

It's winter holidays here, so we booked a short trip next week. My family is very considerate with my new very time consuming job situation (I've become CEO last October), so it's just fair I do them this favor. ;)

Of course it's very annoying to miss a race in a championship. But I accept it as a technical DNF (like Enzo had in the last championship) and attack even harder in the remaining events.

Or to say it with Hans signature: "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up."
Congratulations on the new job!!!

Racing Driver excuses:
  1. Snowed under at work
  2. suffering from lack of sleep and fresh air (home office!!!)
  3. haven't driven the circuits in the cars
  4. no setups
  5. no idea on tyre pressures
  6. no clutch pedal, using paddles, so wrong
  7. there must be more, can't think of them right now
it's not going to go well tonight :cool:
I've got 5 out of 7!

Last edited:
Really sorry for Thomas, resigned myself to catching and waiting for a mistake, but knowing Thomas I was not expecting much in the way of any meaning full mistakes.
I was not going to attempt a pass, too risky, not enough of a difference in pace. I resigned myself to my placing. Then he went and ran out of fuel.:O_o:
Good last race, most enjoyable for me, some amazing lap times in the first race from Enzo.
So it is a well-done Podiums, and a sorry to Allan @Allan Ramsbottom in the first race for not telling him that I had lost the will to live in that race.
3b149698174a03c0e3ef3f20e07b693d.jpg

Last edited:
Tonight has been the GP in which I've felt slowest regarding the top guys :( My reference is Axel Moebius, because he's the fastest driver in the Ferraris, and today he's been almost 4 and 2.5 seconds faster than me.
I wonder if part of the difference could be due to setups (1/7 excuses according to Taj :D). I've always struggled to get optimum setups on AC. For the 312/67, I try to reduce oversteer (softening rear spring and antiroll bar), I adjust the last gear to the max speed on track and adapt the pressures. I feel the car comfortable (well, it's a beast anyway haha).
But for the 312T it's worse! I don't know how to reduce a problem: I can't drive the car over the kerbs while turning, even if I don't accelerate anything on the kerb. The car oversteers so much that I can hardly avoid the spin. Is it a problem related to suspension?

Anyway, as in previous races, another fun night. I enjoy driving here with you guys, this community is strong, with these beastly cars. I've finished both races within top 10, a shame in race 1 I was punted at bus stop braking and lost the battle around p7. My level wasn't better than p9-10 anyway, but I had been lucky in the start. Sorry if my rejoin was weird, I didn't expect understeer while rejoining in 1st gear to the straight :unsure: I recall a car standing on the returning point, if it was the driver who had punted me, thank you :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Back