AMS2 Catherham SL Sprintraces (3x20m) @ Laguna Seca => Thursday august 4th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
My first race in these cars and some of the best racing Iv'e had, 2 close races with Eric and 1 with Bas and Adrian after we both made big errors and ended the race all together. Great fun.
Got a little bit quicker in each race so progress too.
I did move over in race 3 to let Enzo through as I thought I will try and follow him and see if I could work out how he does it, well after 2 corners he was gone !
Thanks for organising Guido, more like this will go down well I think. Maybe the 620r next time :D
I advise you to test before advise… that car is madness

yes, that was great fun and took a while to get to grips with the cars 'character'. I avoided the mishaps which is what I can do instead of pace. :rolleyes: but that meant I spent most of my time alone, but still enjoying the challenge. Thanks for setting this up @Guido Trampe and sorry to hear of your disco problems, I was expecting to have some close racing with you tbh. Maybe next week.

Last edited:
Had fun races yesterday.

Also the first online races with AMS2 for me. AMS2 looks good and drives pretty good. But setting up a Simucube base is @#$%%. I fixed that wednesday evening, but yesterday when the practise started, the FFB was gone... Finally after many restarts and settings stuff, it worked again.

The races were fun, I had about the same pace as Max and all the 3 races I ended up in a nice fight with him. Unfortunately @Enzo Fazzi was way too quick (again :p), and it was too bad that Remco was not around. Maybe next time ;) .

Last edited:
I have to say that was some of the most intense and close racing I have ever bee ninvolved in. The second race in the rain....:roflmao:

Massive respect to @Gerben Kelly for racing so closely, you are definitley faster than me over the race distance....:)......starting so much further forward in the third race was the only reason I could hold on for a 3rd place finish to make it 3 in a row.... :geek:

Perhaps I should have used a sequential shifter but then again block shifting was useful on occasions. I have a TH8RS but couldn't be bothered to change it over and was running late.

I hope I can attend more of these as AMS2 runs so well on my system in Ultrawide. Maybe back to VR next time.

But setting up a Simucube base is @#$%%. I fixed that wednesday evening, but yesterday when the practise started, the FFB was gone...
I get the same problem from time to time. So far for me, repeating the process of jumping in and driving for a few seconds and then jumping back to the pits seems to eventually fix it, but it can take quite a few goes. I get it in AMS1 and RF2 also, so I just assumed it was due to a budget DD device driver.

yes, that was great fun and took a while to get to grips with the cars 'character'. I avoided the mishaps which is what I can do instead of pace. :rolleyes: but that meant I spent most of my time alone, but still enjoying the challenge. Thanks for setting this up @Guido Trampe and sorry to hear of your disco problems, I was expecting to have some close racing with you tbh. Maybe next week.
We will do that. Looking forward to it

I get the same problem from time to time. So far for me, repeating the process of jumping in and driving for a few seconds and then jumping back to the pits seems to eventually fix it, but it can take quite a few goes. I get it in AMS1 and RF2 also, so I just assumed it was due to a budget DD device driver.
Never had these issues. What firmware version of sc are you guys on?

Never had these issues. What firmware version of sc are you guys on?
Sorry, I didn't properly explain. I'm not actually running an SC, just a budget Simagic Alpha Mini. I never had this problem with my G29, so I just assumed it was something quirky with the driver. I only experience it in certain games though and it's infrequent enough that I'm too lazy to start diagnosing properly and just resort to:

1659699548351.png

:D

Sorry, I didn't properly explain. I'm not actually running an SC, just a budget Simagic Alpha Mini. I never had this problem with my G29, so I just assumed it was something quirky with the driver. I only experience it in certain games though and it's infrequent enough that I'm too lazy to start diagnosing properly and just resort to:

View attachment 589236

:D
Its the most efficient solution

V.nice... Is that sheet supporting the seat for tactile isolation?
Yes, both the seat and the pedal plate are isolated with a DiY Racebass isolation (took too long for them to market). Beneath both of them a BK and a Transductor are present. Hence the 4 amplifiers next to the rig, they drive the tacticle system.

Latest News

Back