AC BTCC Round 3 @ Thruxton - Sunday 29th October 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
i was on hard tyres as i found the medium's only good for 1 fast lap after that they were the same speed as the hard's and wore out a lot faster. i also qualified on the medium's as the soft's overheated in about half a lap. next time your in the car keep an eye on tyre temps.
Wow, amazing. I can't imagine being so fast on hards. Going from softs to meds already feels like a huge difference. I qualified on softs, accepting the front left to overheat. It didn't seem to result in a big loss of grip.

Strange, I found the car awful on the soft's so gave up on them quite quickly.
It looks to me like different driving styles make the cars feel different. I can't find another conclusion, why I feel well on softs but can't handle hards, when you don't feel well on softs but can be fast on hards.

I do not find any difference either, hard compound are just as quick for me as softs, hard tyres last much longer without generally over heating. ( my fastest time here is a 13:0.7 ( not too shabby :O_o: ) on hard tyres, cannot match that on softs )
Could be setup, I use an aggressive setup, and have spent ages desperately trying, unsuccessfully, to get a good setup, cannot speak for Jason of course.:)
( but Jason is the next step up from me ability wise anyway )
So far setup changes noticeably from circuit to circuit, Thruxton is mainly very fast corners and Donington is mainly short sharp corners, all low speed.

Not sure the above is of much assistance, but it is the best i can achieve.

Probably because this car is a mystery to me too.:)

Last edited:

Latest News

Back