ACC Blancpain GT Sprint @ Zolder - Wednesday 5th Februari 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
20200205233045_1.jpg
20200205233016_1.jpg

20200205233231_1.jpg
20200205233352_1.jpg

I guess you could say @Michael Rudolf and I have had some close battles.

Great event for me, Pole, 2 Wins and 2 fastest race laps. Hard work in the past paid off and the car was really easy to setup for once. Can't wait for the Bathurst race tho!

Nice races last night. I had a lot of fun battling with Andy and Ryan. The first 2 were too fast though for me. It is always a pleasure to compete here with you. Too bad I don't have much time to train and participate in multiple events. Thanks to Ricardo for the organization and to all the participants

Had a great time Battling with you and Andy also.

had a good race and was happy even though I came 5th both times! just need to get more consistent and I should improve!

also need to look at understanding setups a little better as I do nothing except change the Aero and tyre pressures. is there anywhere that explains what all the different things mean i.e. engine modes and brake pads etc.

had a good race and was happy even though I came 5th both times! just need to get more consistent and I should improve!

also need to look at understanding setups a little better as I do nothing except change the Aero and tyre pressures. is there anywhere that explains what all the different things mean i.e. engine modes and brake pads etc.
Don’t know if there is a documentation for that but for the brake pads, 1 has the best performance and last one hour races without noticeable fade up to three which have lowest performance but last much longer. 4 is a special case not existing in real life that has best performance but will fade after like 20 minutes (what I heard ppl say, never used them). The engine map is similar, 1 is max performance with highest fuel consumption, higher numbers save fuel on cost of performance. In our one hour races no real point in using something different from 1 as you can’t really postpone or safe any pit stops.

Don’t know if there is a documentation for that but for the brake pads, 1 has the best performance and last one hour races without noticeable fade up to three which have lowest performance but last much longer. 4 is a special case not existing in real life that has best performance but will fade after like 20 minutes (what I heard ppl say, never used them). The engine map is similar, 1 is max performance with highest fuel consumption, higher numbers save fuel on cost of performance. In our one hour races no real point in using something different from 1 as you can’t really postpone or safe any pit stops.

ok, leave it at 1 then as I am not doing especially long races anyway. thanks Michael!

Brake Pads 4 are great for quali actually, they allow you to brake 10 meters later on most occasions. The chicane after the fast corners (turn 4) I braked even 20 meters later. But indeed after 15-20 mins they are toast, after 10 you'll already notice the braking to start fading.

For further generic but useful setup guides, check the AC Setups forum, 2 great pieces of information there (one by Georg Siebert, other by Ramon Van Rijn). Can't link now as I am on the phone

But indeed after 15-20 mins they are toast, after 10 you'll already notice the braking to start fading.
I always race with Brake Pads 4. This explains A LOT! :roflmao:

On a side note: my head wasn't in it yesterday. I had fiddled all evening to install the Brake Performance Kit on my Fanatec V3 pedals. Pedal feel and seating position just wasn't there anymore. I will need to tweak it some more. Not gonna lie: even though Zolder is my home GP, I've never been competitive at this track.

I will do a couple of 30 minute races with 49 AI on the Mountain to prepare for Sunday's race. :thumbsup:

I always race with Brake Pads 4. This explains A LOT! :roflmao:

On a side note: my head wasn't in it yesterday. I had fiddled all evening to install the Brake Performance Kit on my Fanatec V3 pedals. Pedal feel and seating position just wasn't there anymore. I will need to tweak it some more. Not gonna lie: even though Zolder is my home GP, I've never been competitive at this track.

I will do a couple of 30 minute races with 49 AI on the Mountain to prepare for Sunday's race. :thumbsup:

I fell brakes are the single biggest thing to get used when changing things on your hardware, I had similar feelings when I got the Heusinkveld sprint pedals, but would be lost without them now. Just takes time!

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%