ACC Blancpain GT Sprint @ Spa-Francorchamps - Sunday 1st March 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
I had a great time in this race. Finally had someone that was about at my level. Usually I drive solo in these things in between groups. It should only continue to grow as the title gains popularity with more skill levels having fuller participation. Thanks for hosting!

Best thing about these races - usually a good scrap through the different packs and no plonkers. Good bout in R1 with you David
I beg to differ! I was the plonker in the first race! on the first lap I got a fantastic tow from @pgreenwo down Kemmel Straight and was doing a great overtake(well that's what I thought) going into Les Combes unfortunately I missed two three four very important things ,
My breaking point reference (with the cars on the left disrupting my view)
How much extra speed I had
Being on the inside on a heavy braking corner.
This happening on the first lap.
Result, I could not turn in as usual and unfortunately pushed @Anders Jensen out wide .
All these points are just plain "Plonker" moves. I
should have known better.
Full apologies to @Anders Jensen and to anyone
else that might have been compromised.

I beg to differ! I was the plonker in the first race! on the first lap I got a fantastic tow from @pgreenwo down Kemmel Straight and was doing a great overtake(well that's what I thought) going into Les Combes unfortunately I missed two three four very important things ,
My breaking point reference (with the cars on the left disrupting my view)
How much extra speed I had
Being on the inside on a heavy braking corner.
This happening on the first lap.
Result, I could not turn in as usual and unfortunately pushed @Anders Jensen out wide .
All these points are just plain "Plonker" moves. I
should have known better.
Full apologies to @Anders Jensen and to anyone
else that might have been compromised.
This happens to all of us sometimes. I find it really hard to get my breaking points right being way off the racing line with cars all around. You seem like a very safe driver to me, keep it up

Haha I can try ;) Can't help with the Aston setup though, don't get these front engine cars
I have stuck with the Aston for the moment as it is the quickest I can get with the standard setups. I thought I had better get consistent and "safe" before I start to get into the black art of setups. So far other than the TC and ABS the only things I have tweaked is the tyre pressure, do a few laps - pit- balance pressures to the desired pressure - repeat till I have a balance on all 4. More recently the brake balance as I can change this on the fly trying to get a bit of turn in.

Thanks, I do try to be safe , now can you help me get faster :rolleyes:

I have had a few close combats with you Edwin to know that you show lots of respect to everyone.I have Caused a few issues too but in other online races (NOt RD) there are clearly some people who need to be leading from lap 1 that don't have the pace or stability to do 1 lap without taking someone out. Always get the impression everyone here likes a close lap and hard race and if it goes a bit wrong you know it was not to gain a place

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%