ACC Blancpain GT Sprint @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 2nd February 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Thanks everyone, that was fun race, Brands Hatch always delivers! Messed up the start in the first one and got taken out in the first lap but had a great come back and some hard but fair battles to catch up. Thanks @carlsenth that was some good defending, enjoyed that!
Totally messed up my tyre pressures in the seconde race and could only play it safe. A pity the kerb got you @r!ver_cz but good for me so I was warned ;) No way keeping up with @speedyx56 yet again :thumbsup:

Some impressions from tonight
20200202232405_1.jpg
20200202232500_1.jpg
20200202232738_1.jpg
20200202233531_2.jpg

Thanks @Michael Rudolf , fun fight! Glad i actually defended, as the first thought i had seeing you behind me was that you had lapped me. Instantly started thinking about where to let you pass before thankfully realizing that we were racing each other :roflmao: Great screenshots!

Brands Hatch is the one track i never got right in any sim. It feels like i'm doing something wrong in every single corner. My attempt on making a setup this time didn't really help much either. I somehow managed to make a setup where the car felt great through the first half of my fuel load, and then just turned into a twitchy and skiddy mess thrugh the last half.

And my wish was granted this time, giving me my first ACC multiplayer race in the rain (even though it was very little rain) apart from that one time i attempted a thunderstorm race. Great fun!

I have to put more hours into the sim. It's so much harder then AC gt3. Maybe because i am not used to.

Slicks would have been a better choice for the second race

Yes, full wet tyres were no good - I had to pit in lap 3, then proceeded to put in the barrier again on lap 5. So the rest of the race I was a 2 laps down and staying out of the way.

Still, I learnt that the track has to be wet before making the swap to wet tyres, so not all was lost.

And @gspice198 , again, sorry for that ram. I misjudged the breaking distance, and my dumb move turned into a cheap divebomb. Then i wasn't able to go into reverse for a bit of time, blocking your path to turn around again.

@Ricoow I am sorry for that touch in the first corner :(

I have watched the replay - from my car, it seems like you were too tight, from your car it seems like I ram into you and from the helicopter it is very clear, that I was heading the wrong path. So I am the one to blame :rolleyes: I believed in the front end of the Porker too much - like I never driven it :roflmao:

So again sorry for that, I always try to race clean, but sometimes overcome my abilities. And thanks for that nice clean racing afterwards, we did a lot of corners right next to each other :thumbsup:

@Ricoow I am sorry for that touch in the first corner :(

I have watched the replay - from my car, it seems like you were too tight, from your car it seems like I ram into you and from the helicopter it is very clear, that I was heading the wrong path. So I am the one to blame :rolleyes: I believed in the front end of the Porker too much - like I never driven it :roflmao:

So again sorry for that, I always try to race clean, but sometimes overcome my abilities. And thanks for that nice clean racing afterwards, we did a lot of corners right next to each other :thumbsup:
Don't worry about it mate, it happens ;) I also felt like I could have left a bit more room after watching the replays, although if your understeering was that much then it may well be a touch anyways. Had some great fun battling afterwards. Especially where you were faster, trying to take @carlsenth which enabled me to place an attack :D and in the damp conditions it was great fun too

I have to put more hours into the sim. It's so much harder then AC gt3. Maybe because i am not used to.

Slicks would have been a better choice for the second race
If you haven't done so yet try the different cars and check which suits you best. If I remember correctly you've been in the Audi which I can't really connect to. It depends on the driving style but I think the Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren 720 or the new Aston are a good choice to start with. I'm always in the Ferrari cause I'm not really good at setups and it's the only car I so far managed to sorta understand and get a good base setup done.

If you haven't done so yet try the different cars and check which suits you best. If I remember correctly you've been in the Audi which I can't really connect to. It depends on the driving style but I think the Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren 720 or the new Aston are a good choice to start with. I'm always in the Ferrari cause I'm not really good at setups and it's the only car I so far managed to sorta understand and get a good base setup done.

Michael is right @Raresch Just pick up one car and stick with it, learn the way to drive it and start messing up with the setup. But just little tweaks, the standard setups in ACC are much better then in AC and they are specific for each track. Start with the safe, then move to the aggresive. And watching other people drive the car also helps. I think the competion in ACC is tougher, because it is hardcore sim and attracks more advanced drivers than AC in general.

Michael is right @Raresch Just pick up one car and stick with it, learn the way to drive it and start messing up with the setup. But just little tweaks, the standard setups in ACC are much better then in AC and they are specific for each track. Start with the safe, then move to the aggresive. And watching other people drive the car also helps. I think the competion in ACC is tougher, because it is hardcore sim and attracks more advanced drivers than AC in general.
I've taken the Audi because in AC is the only car (except Lambo for some specific tracks) that I can get with. I've learned how to drive the R8 in AC so I thought it would be similar. In AC I just can't control the turbo cars. I just can't do it. So I ended up with R8 and Lambo, beeing aspirated and I loved them. What other cars are in ACC without turbo?

Personally, I think the Audi feels really twitchy and it is something you need to grow to in ACC. What I felt were great beginner cars were the Lexus, the new V8 Aston and the Ferrari.
I also thought the Audi would be the best thing after AC, but it drives quite differently.

I've taken the Audi because in AC is the only car (except Lambo for some specific tracks) that I can get with. I've learned how to drive the R8 in AC so I thought it would be similar. In AC I just can't control the turbo cars. I just can't do it. So I ended up with R8 and Lambo, beeing aspirated and I loved them. What other cars are in ACC without turbo?

I had the same with Porsche. It was different from AC, but I grew to it and now it feels much better then in AC. Mercedes also has NA motor from SLS, but I don’t know how it drives. I think Lambo or Audi are good choice, because at least a lot of guys drive them and you can copy what they do with the cars to get them working ;)

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%