ACC Blancpain GT @ Bathurst - Sunday 23rd February 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
@Tony @Ingemar Petersson @Jamie @Jeremy Talbot @Matt @Shawn Jacobs @Michael Stead @Damien van de Velde @baker048 @Pappa_G_27 @Fred Locklear @beorn2 @Leigh Nielsen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey fellas,

After some good testing, Tony has elected to make this race feature a single mandatory pitstop where you MUST change tyres. Fuel is optional.

The pit window will be 10 minutes long and will open with 35 minutes of race time remaining, and close with 25 minutes of race time remaining. The game prompts you the whole way through, so no risk of getting it confused :)

See you on track!
Boo. Now I need to work out how to pit, and if I bother with fuel. Better do some more.practice then

Hope I am not too late! Count me in . :roflmao: I thought it was Sunday already:rolleyes: So I have a day free! Got time to practice mind you I have another race in the EU in the evening. That makes me think will I have some issues with the ping rate (or whatever it is) connecting to the RD Aussie server?

Last edited:
Hope I am not too late! Count me in . :roflmao: I thought it was Sunday already:rolleyes: So I have a day free! Got time to practice mind you I have another race in the EU in the evening. That makes me think will I have some issues with the ping rate (or whatever it is) connecting to the RD Aussie server?
This is the first ACC race we are running so not sure how the higher pings will go. We will just give it a go and hopefully the net code is solid. Lots of euros race with us on RF2 and AMS with little issue, so fingers crossed:)

Should be fine, I'll be interested to hear your feedback though, I wouldn't mind doing some EU races myself.

@Tony @Ingemar Petersson @Jamie @Jeremy Talbot @Matt @Shawn Jacobs @Michael Stead @Damien van de Velde @baker048 @Pappa_G_27 @Fred Locklear @beorn2 @Leigh Nielsen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey fellas,

After some good testing, Tony has elected to make this race feature a single mandatory pitstop where you MUST change tyres. Fuel is optional.

The pit window will be 10 minutes long and will open with 35 minutes of race time remaining, and close with 25 minutes of race time remaining. The game prompts you the whole way through, so no risk of getting it confused :)

See you on track!
I also might add there are a few options of the rolling start. We have elected to use a short rolling, When you start the pole sitter is limited to 90kmh until it goes green. it is quite easy and quite clear what you can and cannot do so hopefully there are not too many clangers

There was a 7 car collision in the second corner, why didnt anyone say anything? we would have restarted.
The crash was caused by the superior AC netcode:(. how do you make such a lovely game and not focus on netcode:(

Apologies for the indecisiveness, I decided at the last moment that I felt well enough to race but couldn't get my microphone working. Things learnt

1 - Turn off night mode before racing lest you have to do an hour long race with an orange screen.

2 - Trying to turn your engine back on with the pit-limter is a waste of time.

Thanks for the race guys, that was super enjoyable! Shame about the collisions at the start but sometimes that's racing. Hopefully the netcode can be improved in future because at the moment it's unacceptable.

Totally my fault for the bump going into T1 in the first attempt, I just didn't brake hard enough going in :(. I wish it would have saved a replay of that because the closing speed shouldn't have been that high to cause that much of a problem. R2, yea that accident was definitely bad netcode. Enzo's car lag drifted off to the left going in to T2, and then warped back and forth 3-4 times from wall to inside corner in a fraction of a second wiping me out.

About not asking for a restart? Dunno Tony. I think part of my screw up in R1 T1 was because I was confused cuz I thought we were going to restart there to let everyone get their setups straightened out and not have to rush. In R2, I just went ahead cuz of the reluctance earlier, and I didn't realize just how bad the netcode **** the bed in R2. I thought it was a racing incident and carried on. Also after not having any sleep, I was also in the "lets just get this over with" mode. :).

Went from the back to get back in the middle of things to a minor wall tap wrecking my car and a 2 min repair as the pit window opened up. Then clawing back some more after that....at least I finished ahead of Tony :).

Earlier in the week I hopped on the public servers for a couple of online sessions and things seemed OK. Didn't expect to see the netcode ending up to be that bad last night. When looking at the replays, most of the cars were doing the "skating" thing around the track. After having AC under their belt, I really expected ACC to be more polished. Like I said on TS, AMS and rF2 have spoiled us by doing the little things right...and having features that I think every race sim should have. Heck guy who did Crew Chief has given up trying to get it to work with ACC.

Hurry up and get AMS2 done Reiza! :)

Totally my fault for the bump going into T1 in the first attempt, I just didn't brake hard enough going in :(. I wish it would have saved a replay of that because the closing speed shouldn't have been that high to cause that much of a problem. R2, yea that accident was definitely bad netcode. Enzo's car lag drifted off to the left going in to T2, and then warped back and forth 3-4 times from wall to inside corner in a fraction of a second wiping me out.

About not asking for a restart? Dunno Tony. I think part of my screw up in R1 T1 was because I was confused cuz I thought we were going to restart there to let everyone get their setups straightened out and not have to rush. In R2, I just went ahead cuz of the reluctance earlier, and I didn't realize just how bad the netcode **** the bed in R2. I thought it was a racing incident and carried on. Also after not having any sleep, I was also in the "lets just get this over with" mode. :).

Went from the back to get back in the middle of things to a minor wall tap wrecking my car and a 2 min repair as the pit window opened up. Then clawing back some more after that....at least I finished ahead of Tony :).

Earlier in the week I hopped on the public servers for a couple of online sessions and things seemed OK. Didn't expect to see the netcode ending up to be that bad last night. When looking at the replays, most of the cars were doing the "skating" thing around the track. After having AC under their belt, I really expected ACC to be more polished. Like I said on TS, AMS and rF2 have spoiled us by doing the little things right...and having features that I think every race sim should have. Heck guy who did Crew Chief has given up trying to get it to work with ACC.

Hurry up and get AMS2 done Reiza! :)
I think it was a combination of netcode and my rim disconnecting. Car wasn't downshifting, so I aimed to the left of the car ahead of me to avoid causing a huge wreck, unfortunately the wall was also there

Sorry about that!

And yea, Ill stay away from Aussie races in ACC for the time being, it definitely looks impossible to race door to door with this netcode, and that's what GT racing should be all about.

I think it was a combination of netcode and my rim disconnecting. Car wasn't downshifting, so I aimed to the left of the car ahead of me to avoid causing a huge wreck, unfortunately the wall was also there

Sorry about that!

And yea, Ill stay away from Aussie races in ACC for the time being, it definitely looks impossible to race door to door with this netcode, and that's what GT racing should be all about.
Yeah it's definitely a shame Enzo, makes it a no go for me doing any races against EU.

Hopefully they can improve it, I don't recall AC been quite as bad, still had issues but was raceable.

It's really weird, I've watched a few streams on YouTube and I haven't seen the strange "fast and furious" surging that we had in the race

Great race we had by the way, I really enjoyed it

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware