AC Berta Tornado SP @ Oulton Park 1967, Tue 13th August 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Paul - is it worth an experiment one week to see how well received the option is received?

A grid at Crystal Palace would be great fun.

I didn't know that about the platform restricting content - the 'classics' pack is a freebee and was one of my first downloads.

Mr Chapman has a lot to answer for Carsten!

Paul

Last edited:
:confused::confused::confused: and I'm driving a Lotus tonight after I gave up my Bavarian machine's seat to Allan!!! Which one will last the longest? No contest there methinks:D
I have to agree there Paul, our engineering ever since the industrial age has mostly been inferior to our German friends and I say that as a proud Brit! We probably made better Whitworth size fasteners though lol

:confused::confused::confused: and I'm driving a Lotus tonight after I gave up my Bavarian machine's seat to Allan!!! Which one will last the longest? No contest there methinks:D
This thing is really fun.

But it has a nasty tendency to kill your ass with trailing throttle "take that, sucker" snap oversteer which couldn´t handle. (I know, PiCniC:cautious:) Maybe you can "Diff that out" ;)

So I chose my trusty "puke it in and grind it out" Cupra, at least I´ll "see it coming"

I have to agree there Paul, our engineering ever since the industrial age has mostly been inferior to our German friends and I say that as a proud Brit! We probably made better Whitworth size fasteners though lol
I´d start up with the question:

"Why do the British drink warm beer?"

"Because their refridgerators are made by Lucas"

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 16-57-41 roadrunner cartoon at DuckDuckGo.png

...and then I´ll quietly admit that the tides started turning around 2000 when German cars started getting unnessescarily overcomplicated and butt ugly.

So as a former proud German car owner (1986 to 2020) I bought my first japanese car in 2012 (and the most simplicistic available at that) and will probably not go back.

Last edited:
I´d start up with the question:

"Why do the British drink warm beer?"

"Because their refridgerators are made by Lucas"

View attachment 774911

...and then I´ll quietly admit that the tides started turning around 2000 when German cars started getting unnessescarily overcomplicated and butt ugly.

So as a former proud German car owner (1986 to 2020) I bought my first japanese car in 2012 (and the most simplicistic available at that) and will probably not go back.
Well Carsten, as a life long car dealer i have seen the fall of build quality from both countries. I can safely say that the British low quality disease has slowly but surely crept into your home products from around 2000 but i must admit i still prefer your cars and i do get the Japan thing with the one proviso, it must be made in Japan and not a French or British made example :(

Well Carsten, as a life long car dealer i have seen the fall of build quality from both countries. I can safely say that the British low quality disease has slowly but surely crept into your home products from around 2000 but i must admit i still prefer your cars and i do get the Japan thing with the one proviso, it must be made in Japan and not a French or British made example :(
Could you accept:

built by smaller manufacturer in (the homeland) and badged by a mayor player? :O_o:

Could you accept:

built by smaller manufacturer in (the homeland) and badged by a mayor player? :O_o:
I think that is the reason why the MB brand has suffered the most. They used to build in small numbers and mass production has been their downfall. No longer 'special' but i still prefer the Benz

I got in to 1:32s with my usual Jason setup :)

I think it just needs a bit of practice to keep it on the track.
Not sure if I'm being too cheeky... would @Twoddle mind sharing it here (no offense if not!), I must have missed it - and hopefully I'm free by 8pm-ish Tues. Oulton is just :inlove:
Is the race 60mins, or 2 races? (asking 'cos of number of entrants)

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm being too cheeky... would @Twoddle mind sharing it here (no offense if not!), I must have missed it

It's in that thread, page 1. It's a setup for croft and will need adjusting for this track.

Not sure if I'm being too cheeky... would @Twoddle mind sharing it here (no offense if not!), I must have missed it - and hopefully I'm free by 8pm-ish Tues. Oulton is just :inlove:
Is the race 60mins, or 2 races? (asking 'cos of number of entrants)
It's a one hour race.

My time was done with the default setup but no doubt Jason will smash it once he puts a few more laps in ;)

It's a one hour race.

My time was done with the default setup but no doubt Jason will smash it once he puts a few more laps in ;)
Ah interesting. Default setup. Sometimes i chase up my own backside to create a good setup when maybe doing nothing is best. Checked out Jasons setup and find it similar to mine other than even less toe in and lower rear camber makes it rotate where mine is much less agile. Will be looking at Colins idea next as i cant now have him thrashing me every week :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

The trick here is to work with the track bumps and camber. You just need to put some laps in to find the sweet spot.
Default ain't doing it for me. Going to stick with mine with a bit of Jason's rear end alignment and still trying to find a sweet spot. All I'm getting is vinegar at the moment

That was hard work in these cars for an hour!

Great battle with Paul for a while and very tough to stay close without the car going very loose.

Next week we're off to Zandvoort and I'll configure 2x30 races with pitstops. So should be interesting.

Well that was a bummer. Had my pace back and was running a solid 2nd with Richard and i lapping virtually the same times and Jason a bit quicker, everything was going great until i pitted. Again it failed to work like it has in the past few weeks, I came in again, everyone had now passed me so i sat at the grass like a spectator and watched the race until i was disqualified. I have had a few power cuts this week and i think that is the reason for the glitch. Maybe a file check is needed when it is forced to close down when AC is open?

I really had low expectations here, I had very little track time and the unusual nature of this track was going to be tricky. Tried several set ups in practice but eventually went for the default and avoiding the big bumps where possible.
I was well off the pace early on but as time went by I got into it and began to catch Colin, leading to some intense battles as we both tried to keep the car on track, great racing Colin.

We could do with a few more drivers for Thursday's TCR event, 2 x 20 minutes races so all done in an hour, join up for some close racing.

Latest News

Back