AC Berta Tornado SP @ Deutschlandring, Tue 30th July 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

Club Staff
Premium
preview.jpg

Welcome to the OT Racing Club.

Anther fantastic Fat Alfie track to give the Tornado chance to show its performance. This week we're at Deutschlandring - quite a long circuit so it will be a one hour race rather than 2 x 25mins.

Screenshot 2024-07-26 130803.jpg

We'll use the uprated version of the Tornado so you must install the performance data pack in order to get on the server - otherwise you'll get a checksum error. Just copy the files into your content/cars/dj_berta_tornado_sp directory.

It's worth getting on the server at least once before the race so you know you have the correct files installed.

There are also two excellent skin packs.

4 final bertas.jpg

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: RaceDepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 18:00 UTC, 19:00 BST, 20:00 CUET | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 19:05 UTC, 20:05 BST, 21:05 CUET | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 19:30 UTC, 20:30 BST, 21:30 CUET | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Car: Berta Tornado SP - find at Assettoworld(dotcom)
    Screenshot 2024-06-28 144338.jpg
  • Track: Deutschlandring
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: Mandatory (at least 1 litre of fuel)
Useful Links:
Entry list:

Last edited:
I´m too daft for this game :(

I have the data pack installed and both livery packs, stillgetting "checksummed" from the server. :sick:

Just in case you´re not familiar with FatAlfies marvelous tracks, plan some ( a lot of) time to familiarize and practice.
Deutschlandring is "a little longer" than usual, snakes through gorgeous landscapes (our "Landstrassen" really look like this :inlove: ) and has some very frigging fast AND blind corners.

Not to mention FatAlfies tick to hide humorous "wrought iron poles of sudden death" in apexes of crazy fast corners :mad:

I´m too daft for this game :(

I have the data pack installed and both livery packs, stillgetting "checksummed" from the server. :sick:

Just in case you´re not familiar with FatAlfies marvelous tracks, plan some ( a lot of) time to familiarize and practice.
Deutschlandring is "a little longer" than usual, snakes through gorgeous landscapes (our "Landstrassen" really look like this :inlove: ) and has some very frigging fast AND blind corners.

Not to mention FatAlfies tick to hide humorous "wrought iron poles of sudden death" in apexes of crazy fast corners :mad:
Did you manage to get on the server when it was running croft? If so then the car is OK you and might need a reinstall of the track.

I don't think the skins would cause a checksum error.

Last edited:
Now i found something new.

sometimes the car unpacks as DJ-Berta_Tornado_sp and sometimes as Berta-Tornado-sp? WTF??

I´ll try completely new downloads now and then I´ll call it, got to work tommorrow.

Tuning Tips.

Jason sent me a great tune for Croft and I am now looking to build on this so would anyone be willing to give me a few pointers on how to get the best out of the car?

I am looking to get more mid corner grip - if I could adjust the diff I would loosen it off a bit to stop understeering on power but that is not an option.

Thanks

Paul

To change the attitude of the car away from understeer you need to shift the relative rollstiffness to the rear.

The best known way is to adjust the ARBs, but you can also use spring stiffness (stiffer in the rear combats understeer) and ridehight.
(Positive rake/ass up also mitigates understeer)

All these solutions enhance lift off and power on oversteer, so throttle control becames more important.

I am really fed up with this ****.

I´d really love to take place in this race but after an hour of deleting all old files, redownloading and installing them I still get checksumkicked from the server.

It´s completely possible that the task of "unpacking the datafix and copying it into the cars main directory" is beyond me though I tried several versions of unzipping it into the directory or unzipping it to desktop and then copying it, IT DOES NOT WORK :mad:

Maybe a good samaritan could post a version of the car with the datafix already installed so I can see where things went wrong.

Would you (or Jason) be willing to provide me with this good tune? I would probably also like to take part, but I am rather untalented when it comes to setups and would be very happy about a basic setup to help me get started.
The one i used at croft. was over a second faster per lap than default, not sure what it will be like for this track.

Attachments

• race.ini
    1,006 bytes · Views: 15
I am really fed up with this ****.

I´d really love to take place in this race but after an hour of deleting all old files, redownloading and installing them I still get checksumkicked from the server.

It´s completely possible that the task of "unpacking the datafix and copying it into the cars main directory" is beyond me though I tried several versions of unzipping it into the directory or unzipping it to desktop and then copying it, IT DOES NOT WORK :mad:

Maybe a good samaritan could post a version of the car with the datafix already installed so I can see where things went wrong.
Look at the author and check that the version is 1.2a after you have copied the data pack

Screenshot 2024-07-29 084418.jpg

I could switch off the checksum on the server but then you risk entering the race with the low power version

Latest News

Back