Resource icon

Other Automobilista 2 Auto Director AMS2 Auto Director V1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Rangey,

Good news working sort of...

I end up having stops and manual starts of the replay. If I click on multiple drivers it does seem to go away, just curious if there is a better way to get the replay to run without the stopping and then I have to press play? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong??

Also the Now Watching appears in the chrome window, but not on the replay itself?

FYI: Didn't realize I needed to have Chrome installed??

Really like the switching between cars in "battle" well done sir!!
Hi Mate,
Stops and manual starts of the replay happen if you turn off the top bar, this is an AMS2 limitation, when you press enter to change cameras with the top bar off it freezes the playback.
Edit: Reread your words, I don't have a reliable way to stop and start the replay at the beginning or end of the session, with keys only, and mouse is dependent on everyones resolution. Too hard to implement right now.
You can make the simhub dash appear in the screen when recording using OBS by putting a browser source as overlay, or by starting the simhub dash as windowed and overlaying on your AMS2 window.
Yeah the exe launches chrome in selenium to get the data out of simhub for the keypresses, it's not really elegant but it's the best way Ive got right now.

Last edited:
Hi Mate,
Stops and manual starts of the replay happen if you turn off the top bar, this is an AMS2 limitation, when you press enter to change cameras with the top bar off it freezes the playback.
Edit: Reread your words, I don't have a reliable way to stop and start the replay at the beginning or end of the session, with keys only, and mouse is dependent on everyones resolution. Too hard to implement right now.
You can make the simhub dash appear in the screen when recording using OBS by putting a browser source as overlay, or by starting the simhub dash as windowed and overlaying on your AMS2 window.
Yeah the exe launches chrome in selenium to get the data out of simhub for the keypresses, it's not really elegant but it's the best way Ive got right now.
RR,

As always much thanks!!!

Can't get past the install. "Enter UDP port to listen on", "listening for UDP packets", and nothing happens...
Are you running simhub as well? only one program can access a UDP port at the same time. Use Simhub rebroadcast feature to rebroadcast to a different port.
The program should warn and quit if something else is using it though.
Have you turned on telemetry in AMS2 itself? In Options- System Set Shared memory to Project Cars 2 and UDP protocol version to Project Cars 2.

Last edited:
RangeyRover updated Automobilista 2 Auto Director with a new update entry:

UDP & Shared Memory Version

Hi All,
This is a simplified Auto director that does not rely on Simhub, and uses UDP or Shared Memory.
It tracks the smallest gap and the rate of change, selecting those most likely to be racing to be in view.
It now has customisable Race Position bonus.
It now has customisable camera dwell.
Usage is simple,
  • Start the Auto director,
  • Select UDP or Shared memory.
  • Select UDP port if selected.
  • Enter Camera Dwell time.
  • Enter Race Position Bonus.
  • Click on a racer, in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great work! Is it possible to add to functions focus on cars that participate in collision/offtracks? That would be great. I was trying to get something with chatgpt but I just don't know how to do this.

Great work! Is it possible to add to functions focus on cars that participate in collision/offtracks? That would be great. I was trying to get something with chatgpt but I just don't know how to do this.
The data is not available for every participant. I've tried to do this a couple of different ways but haven't had really satisfactory results. In my latest beta I have it if the speed drops to a low value, but it still doesnt provide the immediate focus we would like. Im working with a fella who has developed an auto commentator, and that involves playing the replay to find the incidents, and then guaranteeing focus on those incidents on the next play through. As most people seem to be using this on replays, that is the most likely area I will concentrate on.

The data is not available for every participant. I've tried to do this a couple of different ways but haven't had really satisfactory results. In my latest beta I have it if the speed drops to a low value, but it still doesnt provide the immediate focus we would like. Im working with a fella who has developed an auto commentator, and that involves playing the replay to find the incidents, and then guaranteeing focus on those incidents on the next play through. As most people seem to be using this on replays, that is the most likely area I will concentrate on.
Got it. I was very curious about this one, because I saw in one of the files that there is information about flags, which car caused them and how. For example if yellow flag was deployed because off track; collision, collision with other vehicle, spin etc.
But I won't be arguing because you know this topic infinitely more than I am.
Still - this is great tool.

Got it. I was very curious about this one, because I saw in one of the files that there is information about flags, which car caused them and how. For example if yellow flag was deployed because off track; collision, collision with other vehicle, spin etc.
But I won't be arguing because you know this topic infinitely more than I am.
Still - this is great tool.
That was my attempt at recognising a yellow. When distance is not updating, thats a clue that someone is off track. It didnt work as well as i hoped, and was difficult to reset. It's something I'm interested in, but the game doesnt give enough data about flags so we have to make assumptions, and my implementation was honestly poor.

That was my attempt at recognising a yellow. When distance is not updating, thats a clue that someone is off track. It didnt work as well as i hoped, and was difficult to reset. It's something I'm interested in, but the game doesnt give enough data about flags so we have to make assumptions, and my implementation was honestly poor.
Got it, thank you!

Latest News

Back