Augury AP-121 Pedals

I remember when I chose just released Fanatec CSP v3 over Heusinkvield because they looked sleeker and more refined than DIY like construction of HE. :thumbsdown:
But I do like that Augury added some interesting innovations
- linear mini actuator on brake pedal to simulate ABS, more power and less latency than traditional spinner motors rumble kits
- two elastomer stacks with only one active at a time allowing switching between GP/Sport mode on the fly via software. There is animation on their web site showing how it works. Quite ingenious. But in the end could be just wasteful gimmick adding unnecessary complexity as for most people it takes a while to dial and get used to brake to be somehow consistent, flipping between modes probably would be the last thing in my mind, but hey you need to have some features differentiating you from competitors. SC ActivePedals big selling point is also that on the fly adjustability. (shrug)
Honestly, I don’t like how they implemented that GT/Formula switch idea.

I would prefer the entire “block working” for both configurations.

I’m sure that specific design decision has a significant negative impact on how performance could have been otherwise.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Fact that they put not one, but two stepper motors inside to control that gimmicky on fly switch makes me question what place simplicity and reliability were in their design.

The last couple of posts have reminded me that I was deeply puzzled about that switching feature when I skimmed around their website a few days back.

two elastomer stacks with only one active at a time allowing switching between GP/Sport mode on the fly via software. There is animation on their web site showing how it works.
In particular, I didn't spot any animation that shows what's going on inside the pedals, which might have helped with my confusion - could you please link to it? All I found was a video that showed someone activating it, and then a (surreal!!) warning coming up on the screen talking about serious damage if you push the brake pedal while it was changing over. (Frankly that's just a total disaster waiting to happen.)

• Deleted member 197115

They use some dynamic flex widgets on that page so can't grab the animation.
Go to this page and keep scrolling down till you get to this picture, it's animated.

1671913178724.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally have three thoughts about these pedals:

the (mechanical and electronical) design seems overly complicated, I can´t find any advantages over my Heusinkvelds (but I´m biased and choose the K.I.S.S principle over features)

The text full of buzzwords reeks of marketing bullshit.

As stated they have finished two batches and accept preorders for the third, but Youtube only has one unboxing video, no reviews or even driving reports.
Seems they are not "out there yet".

Non of these thoughts claims knowledge about what´s going on with this pedals,
"just a hunch"

Merry Christmas Carsten

Agree. Moreover, if I understood the dynamic correctly, I would add that leveraging the totality of the “design” in both GT AND formula.would have produced a better result.

In other words, in terms of user’s needs, I would have prioritised the “break feeling” instead of “being able to switch...”.
Fact that they put not one, but two stepper motors inside to control that gimmicky on fly switch makes me question what place simplicity and reliability were in their design.

Latest News

Back