Augury AP-121 Pedals

Hello. Did anyone try these pedals?
Design looks great and the brake pedals simulate the ABS.

I could not find any video review to see them.in action.

82B9FD2C-82AA-4E94-9029-F5796D68EEAB.jpeg

• Deleted member 197115

I'm sure a video review is already in the making. I'm keen to see it too.
In my opinion, it's a shame that the brake pedal is not hydraulic.
Even hydraulic pedals use elastomers to control brake feel, hydraulic only pushes on load cell, but creates issues with potential leaks and maintenance chore.
What could help to simulate smooth pedal return though are hydraulic dampers similar to used in HE Ultimate or Simtrecs.

Surprised these pedals were not on just finished Sim Racing Expo, or at least nobody mentioned them. The micro actuator on brake is an interesting addition, making it better version of Sim 3D rumble kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a lot of organic black anodized eye candy for 999 euros.

I'm still amazed by the sheer number of companies selling pedals these days, and the hype around "pretty" with little thought around long term support and long term reliability.

With product differentiation, the question is always whether they are selling a gimmick or if they are doing something new that actually matters.

There will be a shake out and the herds will be thinned out at some point.

From a business perspective, now seems like a very risky time to be starting up a sim pedal company. The market is saturated.

• Deleted member 197115

That's a lot of organic black anodized eye candy for 999 euros.

I'm still amazed by the sheer number of companies selling pedals these days, and the hype around "pretty" with little thought around long term support and long term reliability.

With product differentiation, the question is always whether they are selling a gimmick or if they are doing something new that actually matters.

There will be a shake out and the herds will be thinned out at some point.

From a business perspective, now seems like a very risky time to be starting up a sim pedal company. The market is saturated.
If you referer to Heusinkveld pedals, I think they are long due for overhaul and all new pedals like this one (vaporware or not), Simtrecs, new Cube Control SP-01 shows that even the best shouldn't just rest on their laurels or they will be left behind.
Ultimate Plus "upgrade" was quite a joke to be honest.

If you referer to Heusinkveld pedals, I think they are long due for overhaul and all new pedals like this one (vaporware or not), Simtrex, new Cube Control SP-01 shows that even the best shouldn't just rest on their laurels or they will be left behind.
Ultimate Plus "upgrade" was quite a joke to be honest.

I think many people don't have their pedals setup properly or at least not ideally.

I also think that a large percentage of people either run their pedals with nearly out of the box settings, or they adjust them the wrong way. So depending on how the pedals arrive they have dramatic love/hate reactions to them.

When I got my Ultimates, the first thing I learned was that I didn't have my Sprints setup nearly as well as I could have. The Ultimates felt and continue to feel night and day better, but I think the difference would have been much closer if I had my Sprints optimized better. I don't feel like I have a valid A/B test between them.

That said the Ultimates mounting and adjustments work very well on my specific rig because of how I have them mounted inverted.

I don't feel qualified to say more than that.

Last edited:
It's great to see that Augury finally ventured into the world of sim-racing pedals. I have their Simcube 1 setup and it's been working like the first day all this time. They put a lot of dedication into everything they do and it shows. I'm quite happy with my Sprints so I don't think I consider replacing them for now, but I will keep an eye on these pedals by Augury. Another reason is that their factory and store is five minutes away from where I work :)

• Deleted member 197115

Hopefully performance and reliability matches the look.

these pedals are a piece of art, a extraordinary industrial design - indeed designed by a professional designer Carlos Jiménez: https://www.carlosjimenezdesign.com/augury-pedals

If I wouldn't have Sprints, I would consider them for sure

"a professional designer" means what exactly when it comes to how well a pedal set works and how long they last?

I absolutely agree that they have a pretty organic shape, but nothing looks optimized and the adjustability looks mediocre at best.

I like artwork and I like pretty, but I love well engineered and duty tested to verify longevity.

It is possible for artistic form to be well engineered, it's just not guaranteed.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I remember when I chose just released Fanatec CSP v3 over Heusinkvield because they looked sleeker and more refined than DIY like construction of HE. :thumbsdown:
But I do like that Augury added some interesting innovations
- linear mini actuator on brake pedal to simulate ABS, more power and less latency than traditional spinner motors rumble kits
- two elastomer stacks with only one active at a time allowing switching between GP/Sport mode on the fly via software. There is animation on their web site showing how it works. Quite ingenious. But in the end could be just wasteful gimmick adding unnecessary complexity as for most people it takes a while to dial and get used to brake to be somehow consistent, flipping between modes probably would be the last thing in my mind, but hey you need to have some features differentiating you from competitors. SC ActivePedals big selling point is also that on the fly adjustability. (shrug)

SC ActivePedals big selling point is also that on the fly adjustability. (shrug)
I think that is seriously glossing over all the potential for any sort of tactile feedback, and the very real possibility of dynamically modeling how any pedal feels and making them feel even more realistic than anything on the market today.

I guarantee they have a long way to go with those based on the comments I heard about how the throttle pedal felt from some people, but the huge potential is obvious.

They will eventually have less expensive options and I suspect eventually in smaller more manageable form factors and they will figure out how to make them feel right.

I think that SC has started a revolution in pedal technology that just hasn't been proven or polished yet.

I won't be an early adopter, but long term I can't discount them.

Last edited:
"a professional designer" means what exactly when it comes to how well a pedal set works and how long they last?

I absolutely agree that they have a pretty organic shape, but nothing looks optimized and the adjustability looks mediocre at best.

I like artwork and I like pretty, but I love well engineered and duty tested to verify longevity.

It is possible for artistic form to be well engineered, it's just not guaranteed.
Lets wait and see what real usage of these pedals will show us.

• Deleted member 197115

For tactile alone I don't see it as a practical solution when you can achieve 90% of this via something much cheaper by adding transducers or rumble motors.
But I admit, it's a new and quite innovative way of doing things, will users and industry accept it as a new standard, only time will tell.

these pedals are a piece of art, a extraordinary industrial design - indeed designed by a professional designer Carlos Jiménez: https://www.carlosjimenezdesign.com/augury-pedals

If I wouldn't have Sprints, I would consider them for sure
As a professional designer myself, I can only agree. The “form” is beautiful; concerning the “function”, I’m afraid we’ll need to wait for the first YT review.

Latest News

Back