Assetto Corsa | Share Your Screenshots

Screenshot_ferrari_308_gtb_group_4_tandragee_road_course_5-7-124-22-27-46.jpg
Screenshot_ferrari_308_gtb_group_4_tandragee_road_course_5-7-124-22-28-50.jpg
Screenshot_ferrari_308_gtb_group_4_tandragee_road_course_5-7-124-22-30-31.jpg

chevrolet_66vette427_a_prod_watkins_f3ct.jpg

1966 Corvette 427, A/Production, at Watkins Glen. When you drive one of these in real life, at about 145 MPH you begin to notice that the steering doesn't feel as confidence-inspiring as when you were climbing to that speed. At around 155 MPH, the lightness and lesser responsiveness of the steering are really getting noticeable. It's caused by the lift generated by the air rushing under the car. You begin to think about things like hydroplanes blowing over. But all you can do is grit your teeth, tell yourself you're not in a boat, and keep going. :roflmao:

lotus_30_series_1_watkins_f3ct.jpg

Lotus 30 series 1 at Watkins Glen.

alfa_romeo_giulietta_spider_watkins_f3ct.jpg

Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider at Watkins Glen.

Last edited:
IMG_7462.jpeg

This screenshot is significant to me. In September 1961, I turned the first lap of a racing circuit in my life in a 1954 Jaguar XK120 roadster almost exactly like this one, at Watkins Glen, on the old 1956-1970 layout as pictured here, with my Dad at the wheel. I was about to turn three. I vaguely remember being both scared at how fast we were going, amazed that Dad could drive like that, and totally exhilarated by the experience at the same time. The old man started something that day that would last me a lifetime. If my late Dad pulled that stunt in 2024, they'd arrest him for endangering the life of a minor. But in 1961, everyone was a WW2 or Korea vet, and they laughed and thought it was great. With this sim model, I have gone through and corrected the color, mass, gear ratios, engine power band, and other things, using data from the official Jaguar service manual, straight outta Coventry. My sim model drives as close to correctly as the sim can model. It's a pleasure to drive. At the time of it's release, this car was the fastest production car in the world. There's your boring, "old man" story for the day. :roflmao:

Last edited:
View attachment 774991
This screenshot is significant to me. In September 1961, I turned the first lap of a racing circuit in my life in a 1954 Jaguar XK120 roadster almost exactly like this one, at Watkins Glen, on the old 1956-1970 layout as pictured here, with my Dad at the wheel. I was about to turn three. I vaguely remember being both scared at how fast we were going, amazed that Dad could drive like that, and totally exhilarated by the experience at the same time. The old man started something that day that would last me a lifetime. If my late Dad pulled that stunt in 2024, they'd arrest him for endangering the life of a minor. But in 1961, everyone was a WW2 or Korea vet, and they laughed and thought it was great. With this sim model, I have gone through and corrected the color, mass, gear ratios, engine power band, and other things, using data from the official Jaguar service manual, straight outta Coventry. My sim model drives as close to correctly as the sim can model. It's a pleasure to drive. At the time of it's release, this car was the fastest production car in the world. There's your boring, "old man" story for the day. :roflmao:
Super cool story! If you haven't already, please think about sharing your work in spec'ing out the Jag in the AC mods forum.

vw_t2_silverstone.jpg

I've been at Silverstone for the past week, practicing for the World Type 2 Transporter Championship. I'm the defending champion this year, having held off a now elderly and feeble-minded Cole Trickle down to the final lap. I crossed the finish line 0.738 seconds ahead of him. He drives wherever he looks now, so if he starts gaining on you, stick your arm out the window and point to some scenic object. He'll start swerving all over the place and fall back. He has a big entourage that follows him around and takes care of him now. He had a mild stroke a few years back and has trouble swallowing, so they have to run all his food through a blender. You haven't truly suffered until you've had to sit with him at lunch and watch him slobbering down pureed, broiled Tilapia.

triumph_tr4_watkins_f3ct.jpg

Here's one of my old cars, I had a 1962 model. I always liked the Michelotti coachwork. I always ran mine with the top off and the roll bar sticking out for all to see, with a split, black leather toneau cover with just the driver's side uncovered. Mine was green, with black interior and dark-center wheels, I think they were Minilites. They were on the car when I bought it. The head was milled to bump up the compression ratio, and various other tweaks. It would go! I spent a lot of time with a vacuum gauge in my hand, syncing the carburetors. But, man! It was fun to drive! Like a big go-kart. I remember one time I broke the fan belt. Nobody had one. Not a whiff! Then I thought about it, and went to a tractor dealer. I asked about it, the guy in the parts department reached behind him, and laid the very item on the counter. The engine in the TR4 was made by Ferguson. The Massey-Ferguson Tractors parts department manager was my new friend. Great memories. I loved that car.

Latest News

Back