Assetto Corsa Ferrari Celebration DLC Releases September 19th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO.jpg

Seemingly coming out of nowhere, Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the highly anticipated Ferrari 70th Anniversary Assetto Corsa DLC is on its way, releasing this September 19th!

Created to mark the 70th anniversary of the Ferrari brand, the new Assetto Corsa DLC offering will contain some of the most iconic road and racing machines produced by the legendary marque, including plenty of historic content and the 2017 specification Formula One car that currently sits second in the Formula One World Drivers Championship.

As a reminder you can check out the Ferrari Celebration Pack DLC contents below:
  • 1962 250 GTO
  • 1967 330 P4
  • 1967 312/67
  • 1984 288 GTO
  • 2004 F2004
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • Ferrari SF70H 2017 F1 Car

With Kunos having confirmed the new DLC is just seven days away from a public release on PC (Xbox One and PS4 to follow at a later date), the Italian development team have released a nice new trailer for one of the most spectacular cars included in the pack, the stunning 1962 issue Ferrari 250 GTO, which can be viewed below:

Introducing the Ferrari 250 GTO... The 250 GTO model was the pinnacle of the development of the 250 GT series in competition form, whilst still remaining a road car. It made its public debut at the annual pre-season Ferrari press conference in January 1962, and was the only front-engined model on display, with its monoposto and sports racing counterparts all having a mid-engine configuration. The 250 GTO was the ultimate expression of the Ferrari 250 GT car. It was equally at home on the road or track – perhaps the last dual purpose road/race car produced – and has achieved legendary status amongst aficionados of the marque. With only a relatively small production run of thirty-six cars, and with many of the examples produced having a great racing pedigree, it has become one of the icons of Ferrari's production history, with a revered position in collectors' circles.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO 2.png
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO 3.png

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Looking forward to the Ferrari celebration pack? Instabuy? Which car are you most anticipating taking out on the circuit? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Firstly, congratulations to everyone that had useful input on this thread. Lots of good and informative comments.

Everyone else needs to grow a pair and stop bitching. If Assetto is so goddamn bad, delete it, buy a PS4 and play Gran Turismo.

Can't wait to float that 250 around the 'ring. If the F40 is the Kunos standard, then the 250 will be bliss. Same with the 330/P4.

Screw it, they are all going to be awesome.

I love the Ferrari brand and history, so ill get the DLC, however, honestly, where are the tracks? Its been over a year since the last laserscanned real track.

Honestly adding good, raceable AI was the best thing that happened to AC because now the fantastic mod tracks (and also cars) can really shine. We know that looking online you’ll probably see only GT3 servers running Nords, Monza or Spa. However that doesn’t matter now, some AIs are sometimes better to race against than the average lap 1 / turn 1 hero on these servers. And if I want good human competition I can join SRS or fire up Iracing. Good times for simracers imo.

BTT: Ferrari pack is an instabuy. Mostly looking forward to the 330 P4.

@Gergo Panker I see, but still I don't understand why starting from a base model you cannot adapt it to be realistic, since the start one is almost completely off and evidence is avalaible :(

Example, this is the 312 cockpit at Glen '67
rlfkalH.jpg

And at Mosport 67
ZDZJvf3.jpg

this is instead the one of the restored car you *probably* used
S0-Photos-du-jour-Ferrari-312-Modena-Track-Days-308514.jpg

this is the 312 at Mosport '67
rbrVo0J.jpg

this is the restored one you *probably* used
Ferrari-312-67-F1-2286.jpg

Differences are so obvious that it is not necessary for me to point them out. What you don't get, in my opinion, is that the restored one is actually the Frankestein :p well, too late for that I suppose.. :D

These cars changed a lot from one race to the other, this is still the case today in F1 :rolleyes:

Yes, but since I have pictures from throughout the '67 season forgive me if I may assume what is believable and what is not ;) I chose a couple of races, I cannot post my entire album mate :p

EDIT and no, they didn't change that much aesthetically, the most important change in the 312 was the power produced and the weight of the car, the former increasing of about 50 hp if I remember correctly and the latter decreasing of 80 kg throughout the season, from Monaco to Mexico

• Deleted member 241736

and then he'll have some race against the AI and have fun. and then he'll go online to have some fun.. and then he'll do it all over again on a different track.. and then he'll do all the above again with the other new cars in the pack... you know? racing games things, the entire point of liking these kind of games?

All this at less then the cost of a pizza... while you'll be sitting in your room staring at a screen wondering how come people are having fun and you don't.
plz Kunos read my whole comment, not only the critize things you don't like. I will buy the new DLC cause your work was very good the last years. I wrote this line again, special for YOU!

Fine. Don't pay, move on.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=21

Lots of DLC released for various games, that doesn't concern me. Still, I'm not patrolling every forum on internet, telling people that

Not raced in MP... By that logic, Kunos should release only GT3 cars anyway

If it doesn't concern you, why do you comment about it in the first place AND tell people who concern themselves about it that they shouldn't? :O_o: And by that logic you should feed kids candy 16 hours a day, because that's what they ask for. But then again this just shows the level of automotive illiteracy characteristic to a big chunk of this game's clientele.

Last edited:
EDIT and no, they didn't change that much aesthetically, the most important change in the 312 was the power produced and the weight of the car, the former increasing of about 50 hp if I remember correctly and the latter decreasing of 80 kg throughout the season, from Monaco to Mexico

I beg to differ, the same chassis looked like this in Monaco '67:
32300E5A00000578-0-image-a-75_1457995314886.jpg

And this later in Mexico '67:
4a07a5ded76ef0f1ea1727c16bad2a44.jpg

Your photos also show a different chassis and the restored car is also a different chassis from ours.

I'm not saying those details you point out are not accurate, I'm just saying it's not possible to be fully comprehensive.
Our chassis was also used in the 1968 season as the non-winged car (used by Ickx instead of Amon), so overall a lot of modifications to begin with in its two-year span, its history is far from clean anyway.

EDIT: Bonus shot from Spa '68 with the drilled front and no air scoop near the wheels and what looks like an engine cover:
3.png

Last edited:
I beg to differ, the same chassis looked like this in Monaco '67:
View attachment 211651

And this later in Mexico '67:
View attachment 211652

Your photos also show a different chassis and the restored car is also a different chassis from ours.

I'm not saying those details you point out are not accurate, I'm just saying it's not possible to be fully comprehensive.
Our chassis was also used in the 1968 season as the non-winged car (used by Ickx instead of Amon), so overall a lot of modifications to begin with in its two-year span, its history is far from clean anyway.

EDIT: Bonus shot from Spa '68 with the drilled front and no air scoop near the wheels and what looks like an engine cover:
View attachment 211654

The first picture shows Bandini's car, which chassis got destroyed in his crash in that very race, so it's a different chassis from Jonathan Williams at Mexico in the second pic. Plus, you are comparing the 36v to the 48v, two different models.

Yeah there have been many modifications on the 48v in between and during 67 and 68, but still the restored chassis looks today way off compared to the pics, even the one you linked.

Anyway, I'll trust your work Gergo ;) just don't put any seat belts on it!!!!! :D

Firstly, congratulations to everyone that had useful input on this thread. Lots of good and informative comments.

Everyone else needs to grow a pair and stop bitching. If Assetto is so goddamn bad, delete it, buy a PS4 and play Gran Turismo.

Can't wait to float that 250 around the 'ring. If the F40 is the Kunos standard, then the 250 will be bliss. Same with the 330/P4.

Screw it, they are all going to be awesome.
Some pretty harsh words indeed. Mine were less harsh and got edited by a moderator. So now we'll see if a 'premium' member gets the same kind of treatment. We shall see.

We've heard this a thousand times. Being a happy player does not prevent you from pointing out to devs that there are things to improve in the game rather than keep adding cars - even if devs do know what they want their product to be.This is supposed to be a discussion thread, not a meeting of yes-men.
Couldn't agree more. But let's face it, this really is a meeting of yes-men. Plain and simple

• Deleted member 241736

Yeah, if you look at my original post, the ratings show a different perspective. I also thought about that and I'm sure it have something to do with console players and a certain age group.

and then he'll have some race against the AI and think it sucks. and then he'll go online to have some fun.. but never finds any and then he'll do it all over again on a modded track.. and then he'll do all the above again with the other cars he missed in the pack

Is this a kind of joke? I think what you're doing is overreacting. There are so many points why it isn't fun and you are doing nothing about it. I listed many points, tried it in forums, twitter, facebook but you guys are not listening. Just one ridiculous point as an example: Since AC started I can't open up the menu by wheel and restart the session or quit the game. There are so many others. Such a small thing is a big step and a gamebreaker if you don't have it.
So what is this? Next Gen Racing Simulator more than Hotlap Simulator. You are just a bad Forza clone besides driving physics.
Your behaviour in your post is far away from professional attitude as you should have with Kunos. Hopefully pCars2 open your eyes.

Maybe he would pay more for the content he wants ... did you thought about that?
You said Le Mans is too expensive? Let the community pay as always, where is your problem?

And what about communication? Any news on M6 GT3 or Laguna Seca. No words.
Maybe if you added Marco as a friend in Facebook or look up his page everyday because his friendlist is full. Twitter dunno, protected tweets ...

Don't get me wrong, I really like AC and I want to love it, but you can't stand critism and handle it in the right way.
thx lolo934 for underpin also my opinion above, although it was in a hard way to kunos. Hope that kunos isn't to much punched by our criticism. At the end of the day we love AC.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 117 27.2%
  • Full game

Votes: 97 22.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 53 12.3%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 79 18.4%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 49 11.4%