Anyone Try the New Logitech Direct Drive Wheel?

Here's my AC settings. Am assuming you are using CSP as this has a bearing on things.

csp 1.PNG

csp 2.PNG

profiler.PNG

A couple of things to note. Wheel is in Pro mode.

In CSP FF tweaks I have range compression at 120% this helps reduce some over exaggerated bumps when running cars with stiff suspension. It also gives a slightly more consistent FF response across the range IMO.

Strength is set at 5nm. Lower than i usually have it - but the range compression compensates for this.

Overall strength adjustments are made on a per car basis using the in game CSP Controller Tweaks App or the Kunos FF app. I typically end up between 75 and 100% depending on the car.

These settings work great for me in every car I've tried by simply chaging the in car ffb as described. All purely subjective of course but hopefully a starting point.

Last edited:
Hey dazzy2bk3 - Thanks for the detailed reply! Tons of good info there!

I won't have any time until later today to try your settings but here's my response to your questions, plus a question of my own.

1. I use compatibility mode (G923) right now only for WRC Generations. Pro mode is working with all of the other sims I use the most. I still have a few OLD sims that I haven't tried yet. (But PC2 is a notable exception - neither mode seems to work with it.)

2. Exactly how do you set up the wheel's settings for a given sim to load its wheel profile automatically when you start up the sim? Or does it have to be done manually on the wheel each time you change sims? If it can't be done automatically, I'd rather just stick with the G-Hub default profile and just tweak in-game settings for each sim.

I'll try to experiment with your settings and will report back here in a day or two.

Thanks so much!

Hey dazzy2bk3 - Thanks for the detailed reply! Tons of good info there!

I won't have any time until later today to try your settings but here's my response to your questions, plus a question of my own.

1. I use compatibility mode (G923) right now only for WRC Generations. Pro mode is working with all of the other sims I use the most. I still have a few OLD sims that I haven't tried yet. (But PC2 is a notable exception - neither mode seems to work with it.)

2. Exactly how do you set up the wheel's settings for a given sim to load its wheel profile automatically when you start up the sim? Or does it have to be done manually on the wheel each time you change sims? If it can't be done automatically, I'd rather just stick with the G-Hub default profile and just tweak in-game settings for each sim.

I'll try to experiment with your settings and will report back here in a day or two.

Thanks so much!
I'm using pro mode in WRCG without any issue - at least as well as it can work in the WRC games. Custom controller setup is about as clunky as it's possible to get and while some of the feedback is really well done it's lacking in subtle road feel and has a floaty feeling in the centre. Can't dial it out completely as it's inherent in the sim but i have some settings that feel decent enough. Will post when i can.

In terms of profiles, I didn't explicitly setup anything it just set itself up out of the box including auto generating profiles for games as i installed them.

If yours is not working then here's the steps to manually set it up. Firstly make sure the Profile setting on the base is set to G-Hub (instead of profile 1/2/3 etc) This means it pulls settings from G-Hub and not internal memory.

Then make sure G-Hub is set to sync with Games & Applications . You do this by clicking on the blue text underneath where it says configuration...

p1.PNG

Then go into the profile manager which is accessible from the home screen (just click the back arrow)

p3.PNG.jpg

Here you can add or edit profiles. Just select one and make sure profile switching is checked.

p2.PNG

The other thing to check is that you haven't ticked the padlock here:

p4.jpg

If you close the padlock, it disables profile switching and makes the current settings persistent across all profiles.

Hope that Helps :)

BTW I also have some old sims (GTR2, GPL, RBR, AMS1, rF1) that are well down the install list. I'll probably get round to GTR2 and AMS1 in the short term and likely RBR at some point.

Last edited:
Dazzy, Thx again for all of your detailed help! I changed my on-wheel settings to more closely approximate yours, and it seems to help.

However, even with your detailed illustrations, the G-Hub software certainly does NOT have a user-friendly UI, IMO.

I think that I'll take one sim per day in getting things configured. So far, I'm pretty happy with AMS2. I'm still as slow as s____, but at least I feel more thru the wheel and can catch slides easier.

hello.

I am just discovering your thread so hope you don't mind me joining in because i also come from a TSPC racer

got the wheel just few days ago for a decent price

I have been doing lot of testing across many Sims since and this is what I can share

ACC very good feeling, straight forward wheel setup and Trueforce is not a gimmick

RF2 very good feeling but had to set controller from scratch as wheel is not officially supported, trueforce don't work and so does the RPM light dash unfortunately. pinged the devs hoping for this support to come in the future

AC good but had to raise a caned effect (slip) to get some details when front or rear axle lose grip

RRE good but again same than RF2, trueforce and rpm dash not working

PC2 not good, tried everything i could with profiles but FFB strength don't translate in game very well, kind of saturate at 5Nm for whatever reason

so overall good experience although FFB is not a huge improvement vs my TSPC racer but all the features are great like possibility to adjust settings in Game from the wheel base menu

my biggest grief is with the Rim, tube profile diameter is too small for my taste (I don't have big hands) and the stitching is bit too protruding hurting fingers after a long session

It’s a great wheel
And at $800 equivalent I paid over here in Japan it was a no brainer
All the other Options were either sold out more expensive or not available yet so I believe it was time to retire my TSPC that had served me well For 4yrs

What is good with the rim is the amount of buttons and two transcoders that allow for use as hand brake and clutch so don’t need to invest for dedicated HW at least for now

And really the possibility to adjust FFB and other parameters while in Game is a real plus for me

And for those believing that a 5nm DD is an Option
If you come from the TSPC wheel or CSL OR CSW belt driven ones I guarantee you will be disappointed
You really need this extra torque my current sweet spot is 8nm but I also tried higher with some old non power steering cars and it really adds to the immersion

Yes it’s a big wheel base but it packs a punch so very little to no regret right now

Last edited:

Latest News

Back