Angry Ai :)

If we look from upside down AI is very realistic.

When I was being hit by the AI, it reminded me the divebomb drivers on online sessions :D

But I can't remember any other game AI hits me like this, except Flatout series.

When I was being hit by the AI, it reminded me the divebomb drivers on online sessions :D
Yup. When people are getting hit while trying to go around the outside at corner entry, the AI is following the racing line and the player is not up to the AI's door, so the AI is well within racing rights to pursue the racing line.

By learning to anticipate and take advantage of the AI's racing line, you can gain an overtaking advantage.

Last edited:
In the majority of races I've run against the AI it's little more than a procession. The only one genuinely attacking, defending, or regularly running off-line is me. The AI are good at getting a car around a track quickly, but they are useless at racing. That's a pretty big flaw for a racing sim.

only raceroom and iracing do this better

Yup. When people are getting hit while trying to go around the outside at corner entry, the AI is following the racing line and the player is not up to the AI's door, so the AI is well within racing rights to pursue the racing line.

By learning to anticipate and take advantage of the AI's racing line, you can gain an overtaking advantage.
If I haven't experienced the sketched issue, I could have thought like that.

In the first turn after the start, AI tries to get outside of the curve to follow programmed ideal line even I'm at the left side, resulting touch.

ai.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know the reason but the AI cars movement are also quite shaky while making maneuvers. It is sth like jerky instead of smooth.

Maybe this is resulting because of the nature of quick correction and also the cars rotate on their axis of body center, instead of rear wheels.

It is related to the NFS roots maybe.

axis.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Back