Angry Ai :)

AI in this game simply sucks. Even in practice or qualifying they sometimes race you as if it was their last shot at winning a championship, divebombing before a chicane or just crashing into your rear.
No, they are actually quite good. One of the very few problems left with them is the problem shown in the video above, which also affects the bumping into your rear. The AI cannot properly "see" other cars (including other AI) as they approach a corner and set-up for the turn. They will suddenly try to occupy the racing line regardless if another car is there. This includes failing to brake early if you/we are already on the racing line and fail to brake late like Daniel Ricciardo ;)

This problem had been resolved in an early iteration of the AI, but reappeared in the latest update(s).

Go ahead--I challenge you to describe any other significant AI flaw in the current build. They have been stamped out one by one over the past six months or so. When the one in the video above gets fixed (again), the only major item left will be the speed calibration of every series so they are consistent to each other (talent-wise) at various AI strength percentages. Of course, knowing Reiza, they will continue to massage and tweak it for years to come.

Go ahead--I challenge you to describe any other significant AI flaw in the current build.
In the majority of races I've run against the AI it's little more than a procession. The only one genuinely attacking, defending, or regularly running off-line is me. The AI are good at getting a car around a track quickly, but they are useless at racing. That's a pretty big flaw for a racing sim.

Having raced the AI the past week or so since the last update they've certainly improved, but there's still a long way to go, there's plenty of flaws; wet vs dry pace, inconsistency on tracks, "train" like behaviour, strange unrealistic turning, super incredible braking, no blue flag logic or non that I've seen yet, lack of natural mistakes, "glue" like incidents with the player car...the list goes on, but for the most part they're good enough to race against in small doses.

Find a track and car combo where they're good and you'll have fun, plenty of work to be done on them yet though but it's very promising so far.

Last edited:
In the majority of races I've run against the AI it's little more than a procession. The only one genuinely attacking, defending, or regularly running off-line is me. The AI are good at getting a car around a track quickly, but they are useless at racing. That's a pretty big flaw for a racing sim.
This is not my experience at all. At 80% aggression, I have seen many AI packs jostling for position, side by side racing, for the entirety of the race.

My run away favorite car in AMS 2 are the FVee. It has been like that since the FVee came out in GSC .
For me the AI behave pretty ok with those cars.
Just like all other sim's the closer to 100% you set the AI the more normal they behave.
Same as all other race sims.
Sure there are some rubber banding with the Ai if you are behind or in front of the field.
But I do not see that when the human driver are in the mix.
Lower the Ai strength so you can compete!

And some corners they slow down too much compared to the human driver.
Like last corner before the finish line on Cascavel.

Mainly use the Beta but for the most I believe it is the same as the main version?

Your video Dan is pretty much my experience too... on approach to corner it just punts you off.

Apart from this, the thing that bothers me the most is the inconsistency of the AI in different car/track combinations... even their inconsistency in different corners! Sometime miles faster than I seem to be able to take it, and in the the next corner I'm ramming into them as they are painfully slow.

To be honest, this is the same as I can say for most other sims too... AI can't race.

Kind of missing the point if you are ramming the AI :roflmao:

Would be better if you stated track/ corner, Car issues like the OP did.

Was waiting for someone to say that - I'm not ramming them, they are just slowing up too much mid corner, in places a car shouldn't be doing that, so inevitably you hit the back of them.

I don't take notes of every track/corner this happens, Reiza aren't paying me to troubleshoot their game.

It looks like I'm not the only one who experience AI issue.

In my opinion, AI is not aware of my car. It is trying to get back to programmed ideal line asap. An it crashes me because of that. Sometimes they even crashes themselves because of same reason.

Their train like behaviour is also related to this strict ideal line programming I think. All of them have same pace. Maybe this can be understandable if you think of real races, which drivers have similar pace at the initial laps of the race, but it looks unnatural.

Another point is I can't catcht them on straights but the curves are the places where they get too slow. As they are slow on corners, their acceleration should be slower than mine and I should be able to catch them on straights as well because of this slow turning issue. But they got fast really quick

Another point is I can't catcht them on straights but the curves are the places where they get too slow. As they are slow on corners, their acceleration should be slower than mine and I should be able to catch them on straights as well because of this slow turning issue. But they got fast really quick

Yeah mate this is a big issue. The rocket out of corners, but it shouldn't be possible like you say. It's like their car isn't bound by the same performance as your own!

In my opinion, from now on, there won't be much change to the game issues as future updates. Maybe minor problems such as bugs etc. can be solved.

They are using a game engine and adapting their content on it like mods. They are making localised version of the game by adding their content.

They did this on Rfactor before. As the base game was physics based, the result was realistic. Now the game is graphics based and the result is mainly on cosmetic side.

This theory supported by why they are making DLC packs instead of game updates as priority. Because they have nothing much to do with the game engine except trying parameters.

It is like a user changing car setup. The difference in the end will be limited to the car itself.

Reactions: Sil
In my opinion, from now on, there won't be much change to the game issues as future updates. Maybe minor problems such as bugs etc. can be solved.

They are using a game engine and adapting their content on it like mods. They are making localised version of the game by adding their content.

There have been several fixes and improvements to the AI since the game went to EA. Sadly, some issues remain and it appears that some regression bugs have been introduced by the latest patch, but to claim that they are unable to program the AI or fix bugs is clearly not true.

They did this on Rfactor before. As the base game was physics based, the result was realistic. Now the game is graphics based and the result is mainly on cosmetic side.

"Graphics based" doesn't mean anything. The Madness Engine tyre model for example is much more detailed than the one in the old gMotor engines (even if AMS1 improved the tyre model a lot). That doesn't mean the resulting cars handle more realistically, but to imply this is some kind of inherent limitation is not justified by the facts.

This theory supported by why they are making DLC packs instead of game updates as priority. Because they have nothing much to do with the game engine except trying parameters.

Again there is no evidence to these claims. Reiza have been able to do plenty with the engine and have support from SMS in doing so.

Latest News

Back