News ACC GT3 Series - Monday Nights

Looking forward to this!

Unfortunately I’ll be away this weekend so I might not make next weeks race..

This might me a tough one. From T2 (query corner) until the start of the back straight, I'm not really able to breath. If I make to the end without crashing into those walls, I'll be happy. My best lap with 50L of fuel is around 2:05. Have no idea of my time with low fuel, but I don't expect much.

This might me a tough one. From T2 (query corner) until the start of the back straight, I'm not really able to breath. If I make to the end without crashing into those walls, I'll be happy. My best lap with 50L of fuel is around 2:05. Have no idea of my time with low fuel, but I don't expect much.
I find the fuel level effects the lap time here less than other tracks, getting a good flow across the mountain section is important, sometimes a great smooth run will just end up being a faster lap.

My Race Report

Practice went well, quick check of my tyre pressures with the setup and waiting for the end of session, quali went pretty much the same but with me setting my new fastest lap, a 02:02.872 gave me second place at the start.

Race start I held second from Andew up the hill, a small tag on the wall across the top didnt cause damage but I backed off his car by a second or so. I needed to be able to see past his car!

We traded lap times for a while as we built up a gap from Johann in the first stint. Me and Andrew pitted at the same time, coming out 4th and 5th before cycling back to the front. I now had a 6 second gap infront to Andrew and 9 seconds back to Johann.

I managed my race to the end for my highest finish of the season. A second place and my third podium.

Happy to be equal on points for third overall, its going to come down to the last two races and the drop scores!

Yea, I also had a great race although my position didn’t reflect it as I lost control with less than 5 mins to go argh! Low 2 min 4s per lap I can’t complain with considering.

I can’t make next week unfortunately!

Yea, I also had a great race although my position didn’t reflect it as I lost control with less than 5 mins to go argh! Low 2 min 4s per lap I can’t complain with considering.

I can’t make next week unfortunately!

I watched your replay, so easily done at that particular section! Especially with someone breathing down your neck!

Dry race, sunshine:)
Wet race . Why?
Imagine having a buffet for lunch every day and every day you have the same one thing from it - boring as hell.

We have the ability to have changing weather, night - day transitions, etc and only ever pick day and dry.

The last wet race at Silverstone proved really popular and the general consensus was it was nice to have something different so we're having another :thumbsup:

Im looking forward to the wet, would love to see the whole season on more realistic changable weather, using day to night cycles for a race or two. Its an extra challenge and it shook the grid order up.
This is something I'd love to do but would need to ensure there were enough of us up for it. In my mind it creates opportunities for anyone to get a podium by making the right pit stop call or even just getting lucky with the timing of the stop and the weather etc.

I've only had 10 minutes of practice for donington - injured my foot last Monday so been taking it easy. I think I'll just use my wet setup from Silverstone.

Latest News

Back