AMS2 1960s Touring Car Classics @ Taruma, Tuesday 10th May, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Thanks for the races, these slow and loose cars really are a blast and although I had been putting them off when trying out the game sporadically, I sure am glad I drove them for my first ever races in the game! A pity about the pit-stop bug, but it was definitely a lot of fun, and it's good to be back :) the game looks pretty good too, and the company was pretty chill tonight, thanks guys!

Results
20220510204709_1.jpg

20220510211707_1.jpg

Race2
20220510215551_1.jpg

Cheers guys. The pit bug is a pity, hopefully gets sorted in future.

Was a nice evening guys, enjoyed it.
My final results are not representive, because of the pit bug, the unequal fuel consumption and the problems with connection of others...
So the true winners are others!

Anyway, hope I can make it more often on Tuesdays...

Cheers Dan

My final results are not representive, because of the pit bug, the unequal fuel consumption and the problems with connection of others...
That's motor racing! We just have more software than mechanical related issues :D You managed to be in the right place at the right time, I think you fully deserve both results

About the refuelling, I thought of something: how early does the pit-stop have to be requested for the pit work to actually be carried out? I did it half a lap before I got to the pits I think. Should I have done it earlier for the fuel to actually go in the car?

I am 99,99999999999% sure my pit strategy was saved properly and used during the race (I will double check) so I don't understand how I was the only one who did not manage to refuel during Race 2, but it could be user error.

I also noticed that when driving the Lotus for Race 1, the HUD said the pit-lane speed limit was 60 km/h, but for Race 2 driving the Mini it said the pit-lane speed limit was 100 km/h :confused:

Last edited:
On the topic of the pit bug. I think I have suggested before that maybe for the sprint races we ditch the multiplier on fuel and tyres. Any further thoughts @Redvaliant ?
The pitbug is a thing, however, I've only encountered it once myself, @ Daytona. I was about to call my pitcrew out for a stop last night, when the pit in board came out itself, so maybe that is something. I really feel that X2 is needed most on sprint races as it introduces a variable over wear or fuel use. Sometimes, the big powerful cars need a pitstop but usually most cars don't need a stop. The Mini was an aberation I think, I can't think of another small car that has needed a fuel stop. But if it's a problem - like the F USAS cars - then, sure I'll put it back to default re wear/fuel.

The pitbug is a thing, however, I've only encountered it once myself, @ Daytona. I was about to call my pitcrew out for a stop last night, when the pit in board came out itself, so maybe that is something. I really feel that X2 is needed most on sprint races as it introduces a variable over wear or fuel use. Sometimes, the big powerful cars need a pitstop but usually most cars don't need a stop. The Mini was an aberation I think, I can't think of another small car that has needed a fuel stop. But if it's a problem - like the F USAS cars - then, sure I'll put it back to default re wear/fuel.
With what car did it happen for you?

Since some people did manage to get the Mini refuelled and kept going, it must be user error for us who did not manage. Maybe some things need to be clicked/chosen, like not having Automatic Tyre but a specific tyre, for example. Maybe a few things that tweaked right, perhaps?

EDIT: may have found some answers here, mainly having gone to the pit-strategy menu after qualifying ended

Last edited:

Latest News

Back