ACC Mustang GT3 @ Indianapolis Monday 20th May

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Thanks for sharing the setup!

I thought ACC applied the steering lock on a per car basis and it's always 1:1. I have it on 1180 degrees.
This may also work.
But i had a while ago some problems or call it a weird feel when driving. Since them i do in the Steering panel (Thrustmaster Software here) the right steeringlock for every car and have ingame under controls 0 degree for the steeringlock. This works very well for me.

20240519160657_1600.jpg

Sorry for the tap @Michael Rudolf into T2 at the start. I was in the middle and was trying to leave space on the inside for Johann. Looking back I should have just let off and slotted in behind him, my fault.

Tricky car and track combo but enjoyed racing against loads of different drivers, great pace from the front runners!
No worries mate, it happens. In the end messed it up myself just when I had closed the gap to P3 / 4 I went flying past Andre and hit a wall. Had some damage, pace was gone, couldn't be bothered to finish it.

Only my second time at Indianapolis, first time in the dry. A bit of a late show for me, so I had no practice.
These cars are a handful, dont know if it's track specific, or what, but I was drifting every single exit. In practice.

Had a setup in hand, but didn't have time to tweak it, managed to out a decent lap in qualifying, which put me 4th on the grid.

For some reason, @akephoe and @Michael Rudolf where behind at the start. I had a good launch and dove on the inside of @Hazzatron19. Super fun racing a couple of laps, then he just took off.
Unfortunate for @akephoe, touch on my side coming out of T2 and just exploded. Would have been a good fight!

Happy with P2! Congrats @Hazzatron19 for the win and @JohannS on the podium!

Last edited:
It was a great race, guys! This car + track combo was super fun. Indy is for sure one of my favourite tracks in ACC and the Mustang, with all that torque, was hard but pleasant to drive.
I qualified right in the middle of the field, benefited from the 2 cars that got together at T2, and had a good race pace. I was chasing Johann for more than 20 minutes, sometimes getting closer, sometimes falling behind, but when I got close enough to plan for an overtake, I missed the braking point and lost some 0.8s. 2 laps latter I get closer again but hear the spotter say "You are losing pressure on your right front tire". I keep pushing but had massive understeer at the exit of T17, touch the grass, lose control, kept the pedal to the metal to try to not loose time, but hit the all =/ There I lost the position to Oliver and later to Chris. My right front tire pressure had dropped to 24.5psi, the car got really difficult to drive and I crash again. Then it was just taking it with 30 seconds of damage to the end.
But I'm happy. I was missing the good race of this club, specially after my Windows had a BSOD right after qualy last week.
The next two weeks I'll be traveling for work, so I won't be able to race. See you all in 3 weeks.

Mega fun race in the 'stang!
I had no practice with this combo before race day, I just loaded Oliver's setup and did some laps an hour before the race. Qualified in 7th, which was okay, considering the lack of practice. My race start was clean, since I skipped the pre-race Tequila, and managed to make up two places (I don't know how). Then two unfortunate events happened: Will had a PC crash and Oliver a T2 incident, which got me two lucky places. After that I tried to manage my tyres (spoiler: I failed) and tried to keep Oliver, Andre and Chris behind me. Fortunately I had the consistency that day and was lapping in the 1:37s, avoided bigger mistakes and got the 3rd place in the end :)

Cheers for organizing this event Chris!
See ya in the next one :cool:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 34 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.5%