Where To Get DD in United States

Hey all, so I'm a long time T300 user with the stock pedals. I have Fanatec CLS Elite V2 coming soon, and now I wish to get a DD. I'm looking at pretty much all the entry level ones except for the CSL DD. I was thinking Moza R9 or Simagic Alpha Mini. I'm really heavily leaning towards the Alpha Mini. Couple questions...

Anything else I should consider?

I'd like to buy from somewhere in the US... a reputable place that will help if there are issues. Suggestions for those in the US?

Thanks!

Hey all, so I'm a long time T300 user with the stock pedals. I have Fanatec CLS Elite V2 coming soon, and now I wish to get a DD. I'm looking at pretty much all the entry level ones except for the CSL DD. I was thinking Moza R9 or Simagic Alpha Mini. I'm really heavily leaning towards the Alpha Mini. Couple questions...

Anything else I should consider?

I'd like to buy from somewhere in the US... a reputable place that will help if there are issues. Suggestions for those in the US?

Thanks!
Microcenter sells Simucube (expensive but one of the best). SimXperience makes and sells the Accuforce v2 (US company with great software and customer service). I think Moza and Simagic are only supported by the distributor if you have issues, and not the manufacture, but could be wrong. Wondering why you are not looking at the CSL DD as the Moza and Simagic are are similar?

As far as places to buy from in the US. I hear Ricmotech is good, but have not bought from them personally.

Edit: I almost forgot, Thrustmaster just came out with a DD wheel.

Microcenter sells Simucube (expensive but one of the best). SimXperience makes and sells the Accuforce v2 (US company with great software and customer service). I think Moza and Simagic are only supported by the distributor if you have issues, and not the manufacture, but could be wrong. Wondering why you are not looking at the CSL DD as the Moza and Simagic are are similar?

As far as places to buy from in the US. I hear Ricmotech is good, but have not bought from them personally.

Edit: I almost forgot, Thrustmaster just came out with a DD wheel.
Thanks for the reply! I didn't save the links, but one night I did quite a bit of research and read comments from people who have or at least tried both the csl dd and simagic alpha mini and many said the alpha mini was better and seemed to pro ide more detail, feedback, and seemed smoother.

One of the guys I follow on YouTube recommended us.sim-motion.com

In addition to Simucube and Gomez Industries DD bases and wheels on the high end, Micro Center also carries the Moza R9 wheelbase, FSR Formula wheel, DD sidemounts, and R5 bundle. They also carry Sim-Labs quick releases as well as current offerings from Thrustmaster and Logitech though not the Logi G DD wheel (yet).

Some notes from my recent Veteran's Day purchasing experience:
  1. Budget for the steering wheel in addition to the base. Make sure you understand how the quick release works and whether there are choices.
  2. If you want a clutch on the steering wheel ala many modern formula cars, then wireless is likely not an option except in Fanatec's lineup.
  3. Logitech and Thrustmaster now both offer direct drive units. They seem to be aimed at the console market, but they're certainly viable options.
  4. Overseas purchases go more smoothly if you can use Paypal. Next best is a credit card. Debit cards usually won't work. Shipping to the west coast from Europe has been swift (typically a week, same as or better than from the east coast) for non-bulky items.
  5. Make sure your simrig is capable of handling the torque.
I ended up with a Simucube 2 Sport and put the extra $200 saved versus buying the Pro into converting my existing well-used Fanatec BMW v1 wheel to USB for the Simucube. Also purchased a Fanatec McLaren wheel converted to USB for the Simucube. My 12-year-old r-pod style wood simrig got replaced with a Simlab P1-X... somewhat overkill for the 16 NM Sport, but comforting to know it will be sturdy for the long run.

Simucube and P1-X came from Micro Center. McLaren wheel and conversion kit came from Sim Racing Machines.

Latest News

Back