Wheel rim for Clubsport v2.5

Hi all, just bought a CSW 2.5 base from ebay but I'm new to Fanatec. Just wondering if anyone has any good cheap wheel rim recommendations? And also are the Clubsport v2 pedals any good? As seen them for a decent price on Gumtree. Thanks!

Looks like your least expensive option is the CSL V2 wheel at about 120USD. I THINK thats a 300mm wheel which would be too small for me, personally.

If it were me, I would get the CSL universal hub and a cheap 350mm wheel off ebay. -Or if you can afford it, get the CSW uni hub. Thats what I have and its works great with my 350mm.

There used to be someone on ebay that sold adapters that went straight onto the CSW base with a 70mm bolt pattern. I never tried it and cannot find them anymore.

Looks like your least expensive option is the CSL V2 wheel at about 120USD. I THINK thats a 300mm wheel which would be too small for me, personally.

If it were me, I would get the CSL universal hub and a cheap 350mm wheel off ebay. -Or if you can afford it, get the CSW uni hub. Thats what I have and its works great with my 350mm.

There used to be someone on ebay that sold adapters that went straight onto the CSW base with a 70mm bolt pattern. I never tried it and cannot find them anymore.
OK mate, thanks for the advice

Will the CSL V2 wheel fit straight on or so I need the Clubsport adaptor?

The P1 v2? That will fit on the CSW base.

Someone correct me if im wrong but, all CSL/CSW/Podium wheels and bases are interchangeable.
Yes, they fit. Only thing to mention is that you're restricted to csw level torque when putting your plastic QR wheel on a podium wheelbase.

I had the P1, the Porsche 918, the formula black and the mclaren GT3 rims on my csw 2.5.

The P1 at 30cm is pretty nice imo! It was a bit thin for my hands though, which is why I sold it and bought the Porsche 918.
It was a bit big and heavy though for the csw 2.5. Had to run the gain right up to the clipping limit (in AC, that's about 75% gain) with the wheelbase at 100%.
Thr shifters were a bit too soft/light for my taste.

The mclaren V1 isn't great, it has very heavy and cheap feeling shifters and the rotarys can't be mapped to infinite +/-.
The v2 is pretty awesome though! It's the only wheel I have right now and for everything apart from drifting, I really like it!

Yes, they fit. Only thing to mention is that you're restricted to csw level torque when putting your plastic QR wheel on a podium wheelbase.

I had the P1, the Porsche 918, the formula black and the mclaren GT3 rims on my csw 2.5.

The P1 at 30cm is pretty nice imo! It was a bit thin for my hands though, which is why I sold it and bought the Porsche 918.
It was a bit big and heavy though for the csw 2.5. Had to run the gain right up to the clipping limit (in AC, that's about 75% gain) with the wheelbase at 100%.
Thr shifters were a bit too soft/light for my taste.

The mclaren V1 isn't great, it has very heavy and cheap feeling shifters and the rotarys can't be mapped to infinite +/-.
The v2 is pretty awesome though! It's the only wheel I have right now and for everything apart from drifting, I really like it!
Cheers for the info! Were the shifters decent on the p1? And also would u take Clubsport v2 pedals or csl elite with load cell upgrade? Because both are up for sale locally.

Last edited:
Cheers for the info! Were the shifters decent on the p1? And also would u take Clubsport v2 pedals or csl elite with load cell upgrade? Because both are up for sale locally.
The shifters on the P1 felt great! I mean not magnetic shifters great, but definitely decent!
Not instant snappy like magnetic shifters or the clicky buttons on Thrustmaster/Logitech wheels.
More like pressing a high quality, chunky button.
I like it!
But I have big hands and got cramps from the thin rim. I think the new ones are slightly thicker! I had the Alcantara one from 2019.

Pedals: the V2 are quite old. The V3 ironed out all issues basically.
But they are fine! Almost identical to the v3.
My issue with them is that you can't fit the brake performance kit and I hate the v3 without it.
You have almost no resistance at first and then you hit a brick.
But the loadcell is precise and they work great from what I've heard from racing buddies!

The csl elite V1 are absolutely awful though!
I bought them at first and had to replace the potentiometers in both throttle and clutch within 2 months.
The bigger issue is that the loadcell is a really bad design!
It doesn't measure the pressure at the push rod at the bottom.
Instead it measures the bending of the pedal arm!

Loadcells are just tiny stripes that change their electrical resistance when being stretched.
So you use the basic resistance as 0% input and then simply measure the electrical resistance while they get stretched from pushing on a connected piece of metal.

Normally these loadcell stripes are in the bottom of the pushrod.

But fanatec put such a stretch stripe into the pedal arm!

This leads to your brake input change massively depending on where on the pedal plate you're pressing.
I wondered why I'm randomly locking up during races and found the issue...

The new csl pedals and the csl elite v2 are way better. They put the loadcell where it belongs and changed the potentiometers for hall sensors.

If you're driving at the pc, I'd rather buy the Thrustmaster loadcell pedals or some Logitech pedals + usb Adapter from Leo bodnar!

The shifters on the P1 felt great! I mean not magnetic shifters great, but definitely decent!
Not instant snappy like magnetic shifters or the clicky buttons on Thrustmaster/Logitech wheels.
More like pressing a high quality, chunky button.
I like it!
But I have big hands and got cramps from the thin rim. I think the new ones are slightly thicker! I had the Alcantara one from 2019.

Pedals: the V2 are quite old. The V3 ironed out all issues basically.
But they are fine! Almost identical to the v3.
My issue with them is that you can't fit the brake performance kit and I hate the v3 without it.
You have almost no resistance at first and then you hit a brick.
But the loadcell is precise and they work great from what I've heard from racing buddies!

The csl elite V1 are absolutely awful though!
I bought them at first and had to replace the potentiometers in both throttle and clutch within 2 months.
The bigger issue is that the loadcell is a really bad design!
It doesn't measure the pressure at the push rod at the bottom.
Instead it measures the bending of the pedal arm!

Loadcells are just tiny stripes that change their electrical resistance when being stretched.
So you use the basic resistance as 0% input and then simply measure the electrical resistance while they get stretched from pushing on a connected piece of metal.

Normally these loadcell stripes are in the bottom of the pushrod.

But fanatec put such a stretch stripe into the pedal arm!

This leads to your brake input change massively depending on where on the pedal plate you're pressing.
I wondered why I'm randomly locking up during races and found the issue...

The new csl pedals and the csl elite v2 are way better. They put the loadcell where it belongs and changed the potentiometers for hall sensors.

If you're driving at the pc, I'd rather buy the Thrustmaster loadcell pedals or some Logitech pedals + usb Adapter from Leo bodnar!
Can u tell me if the Dd pro GT7 wheel will fit on my csw v2.5 without an adaptor? Thanks

Yes it will :)
All fanatec rims fit on all wheelbases!
At least all wheelbases from csw 1 and csl elite!
Thanks. I got that rim and it calibrated and deteteced it then i plugged the pedals in and restarted and now it's only detecting the pedals. The wheel is on with red light but pc won't detect it. This is probably a silly question but what port do i plug the usb that comes from the pc into the wheel base? theres pedals, data, shifter 1, shifter 2. thanks

Last edited:
Thanks. I got that rim and it calibrated and deteteced it then i plugged the pedals in and restarted and now it's only detecting the pedals. The wheel is on with red light but pc won't detect it. This is probably a silly question but what port do i plug the usb that comes from the pc into the wheel base? theres pedals, data, shifter 1, shifter 2. thanks
Forget that I'm a donut :)

Is the light on the base green or red?

Latest News

Back