Wheel calibration

Sorry if this has already been asked in a past thread, but I was searching the forums and couldn’t seem to find an answer. I’m trying to figure out what I need to do to calibrate my wheel. I’m using a ts -pc racer with 1080 rotation in the TM control panel. When I calibrate the wheel in game, it only rotates to 95%. I’m assuming this is some kind of soft lock at the end of the rotation. I’ve been pushing it the last little bit to get it to 100, and when I do the next step by turning the wheel to 90°, it shows 1065 and not 1080. Should I push it the last little bit to get to 100? And if it doesn’t show 1080 being 90° should I go ahead and make it that anyways? Any help is greatly appreciated

Have you checked the Thrustmaster CP to make sure your wheel is set to 1080 outside the game? Having that set incorrectly is the only thing I can think of that would cause incorrect rotation using the in-game calibration.

Other than that, just make sure to go all the way to the physical lock when calibrating (ie, push through the soft lock), and then to the point the game says is 1080. It may not look like exactly 90 degrees, but the difference between 1065 and 1080 is minimal. Perhaps the shape of the wheel is just making it look like it's at 90 when it isn't.

Once done just head to a track with any car and see if the virtual wheel rotation matches your physical rotation linearly. If it does, you're all good. :thumbsup:

Have you checked the Thrustmaster CP to make sure your wheel is set to 1080 outside the game? Having that set incorrectly is the only thing I can think of that would cause incorrect rotation using the in-game calibration.

Other than that, just make sure to go all the way to the physical lock when calibrating (ie, push through the soft lock), and then to the point the game says is 1080. It may not look like exactly 90 degrees, but the difference between 1065 and 1080 is minimal. Perhaps the shape of the wheel is just making it look like it's at 90 when it isn't.

Once done just head to a track with any car and see if the virtual wheel rotation matches your physical rotation linearly. If it does, you're all good. :thumbsup:
I have doubled checked the control panel to make sure it’s at 1080. If I have the wheel hidden...is there any point in calibrating the wheel? Is it only to match my real wheel to the virtual wheel?

If I have the wheel hidden...is there any point in calibrating the wheel? Is it only to match my real wheel to the virtual wheel?
No, calibration tells the game the range of your wheel. If you have the wheel hidden then the difference between 1080 and 1065 is so tiny that it isn't even worth worrying about. To be honest, I'm not sure there is a single car in the game with a range that high, so you don't even need it really. (The game adds a soft lock at the max range of each car's real steering range.)

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%