Whats with this Bang good shifter I keep seeing on YouTube?

It has gotten some decent reveiws and is dirt cheap, The contraction doesn't look too shabby and includes hall sensors! Anyone here try one? would especially be helpful if someone could compare against the Fanatec shifter? I wonder if it would be an upgrade? I read somewhere that at least one person liked it better? I like that it's compact and all metal. Kind of reminds me of the Aiolog units in that regard?

Last edited:
I have the cheap one that is previous version of this. It works well and is little too loud so this seems to be an improvement. Would be cool if it had a chance to use it in sequential mode ( like the old one).

I love it, also own the first one.
Holds up well I used it a lot in this year.

Absolute No brainer!!

It's with the shifter, as I said, I would have expected it to fall apart after a month, but it's still good, and it feels as it will be for a long time.
It's loud yes, but I race with headphones and it's no issue for me.

Last edited:
I also have the one with micro switches rather than hall sensors. I've been running it for a year with zero issues. I can't comment on it compared to the fanatec, but compared to the Logitech and thrust master shifters I've had it's in another league than those two. I love it and for h pattern shifting I don't think I'd replace it even if I could. It's intuitive and that's where it shines. When I miss a shift is not because I can't find the gear the Logitech was awful for that and the theustmaster I never got acclimated to. This one felt natural.

Thanks for the replies. I've had the fanatec bolted on to my rig since I built it 2 years ago, but due to a simple cable adapter I needed, it was never used. I was using a Aiolog seq shifter instead. Will I got the adapter and got to try the fanatec H shifter last night. And.............

I loved it! What a blast rowing through the gears. So much more fun than the SEQ. But, it was so cool I want even more now . Just not sure if the USB shifter is a upgrade or not? I;m also looking at the Simvertex. Seem very nice but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited:
I don't think it would be an Upgrade, bit have not had my hands on either one.

Both are the "detent type' shifters where the "gear in clunk" is just a detent falling in place.
(Same as Logitec, Thrustmaster and VNM. The latter two I own)
Though the resistance and clunk vary between the shifters in the end they work and feel quite similar.

Simvertex and the higher end models really move heavier parts around which mimicks a gearbox shift feel much better but is a way more elaborate construction and way more expensive.

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I don't think it would be an Upgrade, bit have not had my hands on either one.

Both are the "detent type' shifters where the "gear in clunk" is just a detent falling in place.
(Same as Logitec, Thrustmaster and VNM. The latter two I own)
Though the resistance and clunk vary between the shifters in the end they work and feel quite similar.

Simvertex and the higher end models really move heavier parts around which mimicks a gearbox shift feel much better but is a way more elaborate construction and way more expensive.

MFG Carsten
Simvertex, never heard of them, any first hand experience?
I've heard good things about Japanese FREX, still on Fanatec SQ myself, it does the job, may be not in the most spectacular way, but leaps better than Logitech and Thrustmaster I had before.

EDIT: Found some buyer beware video on one.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

This one looks nice and not sus quality China. Surprised I haven't seen any H-Shifters in recent Sim Expo coverage. With proliferation of GT sims seems like old school racing is phasing out. :(
Where is my AC2?

EDIT: Oh my, they talk about HSQ design next.
And another video review

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys,

The BHD is just a little out of reach. A H shifter is just not that important to me! However, That Simvertex may be worth stretching for. I'm really liking what I'm seeing for the price.

I'm assuming no one here has one yet?

Latest News

Back