What confuses me about automobilista 2

it seems that it's trying to be a Touring car racer but also a F1 racer will they implement specific race rules for either of these categories? Do they plan on giving us entire historical f1 seasons ? i know the mclaren was recently put in.

It's a mixed bag sim like R3E and AC (and AMS1), covering a wide range of types of cars and some tracks appropriate to each category. The focus is on the Brazilian series like Stock Cars which will get the full 2020 season akaif, and the Copa Trucks - for the latter for example we'll get the speed trap rule some day.

it seems that it's trying to be a Touring car racer but also a F1 racer will they implement specific race rules for either of these categories? Do they plan on giving us entire historical f1 seasons ? i know the mclaren was recently put in.

I worry it's a bit too much 'jack of all trades', especially if they try to add oval racing and off road next year too, but they will be very limited as to how much historical F1 content they can add, or Liberty's lawyers will be knocking at their door (again) in no time.

but they will be very limited as to how much historical F1 content they can add, or Liberty's lawyers will be knocking at their door (again) in no time.
It's easy to add more historical F1 content in terms of cars because a developer only has to license the cars individually since Liberty Media doesn't own the cars.

However, you won't see all the cars in a season ever licensed because Reiza's pockets likely aren't deep enough and not all car rights owners are willing to negotiate.

I worry it's a bit too much 'jack of all trades...
To be fair, most current sims have gone down that route and are doing just fine. The reason is that more varied content results in more appeal to a wider audience, which in turn means more sales. If you limit yourself to a specific class or championship, then you limit not only your potential fanbase but also your potential for future expansion... ie, DLCs, which are unfortunately a major part of gaming these days.

Personally I'd love to see some sims that focus on getting a narrower content list as realistic and accurate as possible, but unless you pick something universally popular like F1 or modern GTs (both already being done), you're always going to struggle.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%