Ways to stop chair slippage

I recently upgraded to a t300rs and t-lcm pedals and my chair is sliding on carpet and I'm getting vinyl floors soon. Do those $11 amazon wheel stoppers work or do I have to do some DIY voodoo, I do not have the space for a rig FYI.

I recently upgraded to a t300rs and t-lcm pedals and my chair is sliding on carpet and I'm getting vinyl floors soon. Do those $11 amazon wheel stoppers work or do I have to do some DIY voodoo, I do not have the space for a rig FYI.
A moist bathroom towel, will do the trick, in the mean time :thumbsup: :cautious:

If you want something simple just make a wooden box frame out of some 75mm x 40mm strips to stop the pedal and seat from moving apart. If you can't leave this in place then fit hinges to the inside corners but first cut the head off the hinge pivot pin so it can be removed.
All you then have to do is line everything up and drop in the pins.
When you have finished your session, remove the pins and put the wooden strips in the corner of the room out of the way.

Last edited:
For me, folded paper worked fine for years!
Move a bit forward to the pedals to straighten the wheels.
Then put folded paper behind the rear sided 3 wheels to make it stop themselves.
You have to experiment with the thickness though!

I used these magazines from supermarkets haha

• Deleted member 1066209

A moist bathroom towel, will do the trick, in the mean time :thumbsup: :cautious:
I second this option (although I'd personally avoid moistening the towel because I'm wary of destroying the carpet).

I used to use a combination of a towel and a pair of jeans. My office chair has 5 wheels, and I rotated it so that 2 of those wheels are even at the rear. I took the legs of my jeans and pulled them over those 2 wheels. I folded the towel a bit and placed it underneath those jean-covered-wheels. The friction between the jeans, towel, and carpet worked very well to keep my chair from moving during heavy pedal usage. It was much better than just the towel and carpet alone. You can cover all the wheels if you'd like, but the rearward ones are the ones that bear the largest load during pedal movements.

I've since upgraded my setup and built a pedal stand that's attached to the front wheels of my office chair. It's basically along the lines of this: https://www.bsimracing.com/pein-gear-mount-solution-for-office-chair-racers/

Another solution that I've considered, but haven't attempted, would be to replace the caster wheels with rubber feet. Here is a link to what I'm trying to describe: https://officereplacementparts.com/office-chair-rubber-feet-glides/

Your office chair may requires ones that screw-in, as opposed to push-in like the one I linked above, so be sure to double-check before placing an order. Those rubber feet are likely to work very well when you transition to a vinyl floor.

For me, folded paper worked fine for years!
Move a bit forward to the pedals to straighten the wheels.
Then put folded paper behind the rear sided 3 wheels to make it stop themselves.
You have to experiment with the thickness though!

I used these magazines from supermarkets haha
Little addition:
- I have vinyl floor
- the folded paper works best when it has some "coating", like these "weekly deals" papers. Makes it a bit grippier on vinyl

I liked that I could just put them into the shelf in the room, grab them, put the wheel on the desk, roll in position, lean left/right to put them behind the 3 rearwards wheels, carefully lock them by pressing slowly on the brake and they would stay there, locked nicely.

However if you're like one of my friendy who pulls on the wheel out of excitement, then you'll un-lock them... (and probably pull the wheel from the desk within 30 minutes or if the clamp is beefy enough, pull the whole desk lol...)

The PEIN mount is very similar to what I was thinking of.
It would be easy to create something similar from a couple of lengths of 3"x2" wood if you have a handsaw and a screwdriver.
The front half is just half a dozen bits of "material" fixed together; you can make the same using some wood/lumber and plywood/MDF.

Latest News

Back