Wanted- Shifter

I own the Thrustmaster TH8 shifter and it has served me very well for many years but.... Is there a shifter I can buy where you don't have to keep changing plates from stick sequential to H-shifter. I can do it in 5 minutes but I'd rather have one that is quicker. I could use paddles for everything sequential and just keep the hshifter plate on but sometimes, I like to use the stick seq for authenticity. How do you manage with your shifters and what's out there? Thanks

I'm using one of these atm. It works well.

The switch from H to Seq is a mechanical change (depress and twist the lever) and has a small switch on the side which remaps the 3rd/4th gears to higher inputs when in seq mode so you can have both bound at the same time.

There are addon plates for seq mode but it's not really needed to function properly.

I also own a Thrustmaster TH8A for H-gate shifting, but bought a second-hand TH8A permanently set-up as a sequential shifter, on the opposite side of my wheel stand.

It only cost me £40 (as the H-gate was a bit tatty), and can also double as a handbrake (for how often I use one).

iptDLJHc07qceAt0EY828MyIll2M9Nu_Zrh-AaMx7VTOuyjvHapIx8i3vBwSEI7ABp3l6M2Pmd3jHgqens5vvqsJ3vlZO9Fx1J3BS9ZOKFV2HfVBgMUILrRVn9mDCpOMlVH2sxqDGM9aU1yHnAyjR7b4lOEksvHu9GiS_eMlFFgmBQ1sFQUoqjAD5TKvZioxbwGjXnVgOYZuJfxAqPuop3o70AndlKdvCvL3LHIMOVf8x28cZh3YjM_3fE2sTnBnB3CPMQ0S34Cj1lSyU2dHQNHe19Wa6XwLvtWopXy21oM57H07eBI4fpRoRyZeMq1ndAEAtH78HrgvPjo8cWkaCYalKKyv6zJ_jYy9x108hbx3h-Qr4Vn29-2H0XmITNBzwywiFNozm5yAv1NOUbZ7hTsbvsNAp9q9rb6wifpWyg3m-PyW4hfA9i9fVt1U53GycentIAM89iWG0qiB-oF63LE8hSqLma1HbsneijONk8bud_aKLiZRHDzukPoJDlkmbW1XszwMPntkSwQQVC8YbvCdus5SdMFNtDZH7iFbwK8lEIdUQ1of-YIbZ5esqMxWuoM7nCx46d7CVFVZNqtfrT9rC-QOflURljzE4RlxmV-Ajs3EQQ3WJT8Z-uMf0SWdsIEbo-pee1mOpoexZKWqYVcOiQbHNn1gPCNxXSF8TFLvCcd6s-ZomnEbQxLwsTWA3bSWj5TdbpqccFcZ2-4HsAyCb9DS-I_QuVKwmdxmhkOd1ynzCVvC_XpvVKzdKBlUQ5B-0dof6l-ZFJv1YHdlI6E3ytqBXZcFVQ=w1200-h574-no

Last edited:

I'm using one of these atm. It works well.

The switch from H to Seq is a mechanical change (depress and twist the lever) and has a small switch on the side which remaps the 3rd/4th gears to higher inputs when in seq mode so you can have both bound at the same time.

There are addon plates for seq mode but it's not really needed to function properly.
I've been looking at these and reports seem promising. Do you have the 6 r or 7 r? @Fat-Alfie I've considered that option but I only have room really for 1 shifter on my rig cheers

Ah right thanks, I'll have a look more into this shifter. Amazon have something similar from China but as much as I love Amazon, I'll pass on that particular item
I have the Amazon one and it's been great for 6 months of pretty heavy use. I had a thrustmaster years ago and the engagement of the Amazon one is a lot better imo and I don't miss shifts like I used to. It comes with a little plastic piece for sequential that takes 2 seconds to put on. It's actually great I couldn't recommend more. I've read there is a newer version with hall sensors which would make it pretty perfect actually.

I have the Amazon one and it's been great for 6 months of pretty heavy use. I had a thrustmaster years ago and the engagement of the Amazon one is a lot better imo and I don't miss shifts like I used to. It comes with a little plastic piece for sequential that takes 2 seconds to put on. It's actually great I couldn't recommend more. I've read there is a newer version with hall sensors which would make it pretty perfect actually.
That's interesting, I will have a look thanks.

I also have the SHH recommended by @Dave Stephenson. For me it's been great value for money.

The switch from H to Seq is a mechanical change (depress and twist the lever) and has a small switch on the side
It's so easy to make the switch, that I can do it blindfold (i.e. keeping my VR headset on)

Yeah, I found the same. Whilst my lever has freedom to move to the right when in seq mode, I have never accidentally shifted that way in game.

Do you know if you can fit different car knobs onto either of these shifters? The SHH people are on holiday till the end of July so I'm looking more to the Amazon version. Sim racing corner did a positive review. Who has 6 or 8 weeks holiday as a business? Not good business for sure in my opinion.

Do you know if you can fit different car knobs onto either of these shifters?

There is a threaded piece that slides onto the shifter rod and can be adjusted with a few grub screws. I think the thread pitch is M17x1.5, but I'll check after work.

Who has 6 or 8 weeks holiday as a business?

Certain areas have a shutdown over the holiday period to coincide with the school holidays. We have the 'July Fortnight' in our county. When I was working over in Spain, I seem to recall one of the suppliers did the same thing.

There is a threaded piece that slides onto the shifter rod and can be adjusted with a few grub screws. I think the thread pitch is M17x1.5, but I'll check after work.

Certain areas have a shutdown over the holiday period to coincide with the school holidays. We have the 'July Fortnight' in our county. When I was working over in Spain, I seem to recall one of the suppliers did the same thing.
A fortnight fair enough but shutting a business down for 6 or 7 weeks as is the case of SHH in todays current climate seems a bit odd to me but there we are, it is what it is.

Do you know if you can fit different car knobs onto either of these shifters? The SHH people are on holiday till the end of July so I'm looking more to the Amazon version. Sim racing corner did a positive review. Who has 6 or 8 weeks holiday as a business? Not good business for sure in my opinion.
I can't remember exactly the thread size on mine but I'm pretty sure it's a common metric thread that shift knobs use on my Amazon one. I like the ball so I left it. Here's a pic zoomed in of mine. It also comes with a switch you can map as a button and I bought the 6spd one and that also has the switch for 7th gear so you could make a second plate for 7+r and have both

Attachments

• PXL_20220516_004212226~2.jpg
    PXL_20220516_004212226~2.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 64
I can't remember exactly the thread size on mine but I'm pretty sure it's a common metric thread that shift knobs use on my Amazon one. I like the ball so I left it. Here's a pic zoomed in of mine. It also comes with a switch you can map as a button and I bought the 6spd one and that also has the switch for 7th gear so you could make a second plate for 7+r and have both
I've ordered the 6+R external and yes it seems to be M8 thread so I've also ordered a sequential looking knob. Does the sequential bit come as standard?

So it arrived Yesterday and I'm now using my Thrustmaster as a sequential and have the new H-Shifter next to it so for gear changing I'm covered without messing about. The only thing I could possibly do is have a shifter on the rhs for right hand drives but 3 shifters is a bit much :roflmao: :roflmao:

Attachments

• rsz_1pxl_20220629_151945273.jpg
    rsz_1pxl_20220629_151945273.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Latest News

Back